Jump Tomorrow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jump Tomorrow Reviews

½ March 28, 2018
Even if the production is pretty small and the story pretty thin, I liked it. Not really a news for me: I love indie, quirky film with peculiar characters. I have to admit that the movie starts to shake a bit thought the end because of the lack of a more elaborate story, still the movie comes out as a winner. The goods songs helped too!
February 20, 2014
Not enough words in my vocabulary to praise enough this sweet love history.
½ November 16, 2011
I wanted to see this movie after I saw Jorge, the short it was based on. This is such a cute, quirky movie!
October 14, 2011
This movie was good, and different too. A romantic comedy about George, who is set (by his family) to be married to fellow Nigerian family friend but falls in love with a Spanish woman he randomly meets at the airport. Their lives seem to synchronize as George and his newfound French-pal (Girardot), make their way to George's looming wedding. and they get more than one chance at discovering their true feelings for each other despite the expectations of others. Check this one out, its a good laugh.
May 9, 2011
My kind of funny--off-beat, quirky, refreshing. After a year or two I will be able to forgive my son and friends for not liking it...
April 22, 2011
A quirky, character-driven comedy that completely blew beyond what I expected. There is a certain Napolean Dynamite quality to this film, so if you dig that vibe, all the better! Just add this to your Netflix queue and enjoy it soon... :-)
½ July 23, 2010
Hilarious, sweet and genuine. I wish Hollywood would make more movies like this.
February 7, 2010
It's quite a stylish film which does distract a little from the story, but it's messsage becomes evident after a while.
½ January 14, 2010
While the makers of Jump Tomorrow had good intentions, I'm sure, the humor and heart of this movie seem to fall flat. A few annoying characters seemed to hog the spotlight and dialogue, leaving the characters I found interesting in the dust. It's too quirky for its own good.
November 24, 2009
A clever indie romantic comedy.
October 19, 2009
really loved this one. :) very sweet and fun and tender and heartbreaking and life affirming and i had no idea the lead dude was the guy from TV on the radio. cool :)
½ August 17, 2009
A perfect exemple of a great movie on a tiny budget. 3 fabulous actors
August 5, 2009
What a sweet movie! It moves slowly, and in one sense it's predictable, but it's so simplistic that the smallest jokes earn the biggest laughs. A joy to watch, on one hand it feels like unorthodox film-making, and on the other it seems like the only difference between a major studio release and its relative obscurity was the financial backing... I could easily see Eugene Levy and Bill Murray doing this movie 10-20 years ago, but it might just be for the best that it is what it is. Great early work from Joel Hopkins (Last Chance Harvey), who I hope has hit his stride and will be rewarded with more work in the future. Seriously, watch this film, you'll love it without being able to explain it, it's great!
July 22, 2009
Perhaps it is a bit formulaic, but it is still a very sweet and entertaining movie. It's a shame that more people don't get to see this film. The mix of goofiness and charm is a lot of fun.
July 5, 2009
An instant personal favorite. Filled with magic realism, it's an unforgettable road trip film whose script seems natural despite the quirkiness and soap opera sequences. It's lovable and joyful, and it's a celebration of the many facets of love: meditative love for self in solitude, love for what we can't have, love for the unknown and fascinating, love for home and family, love for what stays with us from the beginning. The characters are a gleeful combination of individual souls which easy the ride and add laughs wherever the story goes. This movie is beyond adorable, in practically every way.
June 7, 2009
I ordered Jump Tomorrow through Netflix based solely on a whim. Upon receiving it, I sat down and watched it straight through without doing anything distracting. I absolutely loved this movie and wish to purchase it ASAP. I watched it about six months ago so my memory may be hazy.

Tunde Adebimpe is currently one of my favorite people in the world right now. I love every scene of Jump Tomorrow that he's in, I love TV on the Radio, and I recently saw Rachel Getting Married, which gave him a supporting role that he totally owned. His character in Jump Tomorrow ("Jorge") is hysterical and heartbreaking at all the right moments. His seriousness in the role provides the leverage by which all other characters can be extremes of their own personalities.

The entire story sounds completely ridiculous, but it flows in such a way that it makes you forget the silliness of the plot. The characters are somewhat fantastical, but very real and down to earth. The situations the characters find themselves in are also extraordinary, but extremely entertaining and brilliantly crafted. My favorite moments of the film are the telenovela scenes with the dramatic head turns and exaggerated line deliveries.

This movie deserves to be watched more than once and sadly, I have yet to give it that honor. Definitely one of my favorite films of the decade.
May 23, 2009
We got to watch this is French class! It's funny and fairly clean! The humor borders on the Napolean Dynamite type, but there's something charming about it. I love Gerald<3 I wish I could find this movie again...
½ May 2, 2009
had high hopes for this, and it really didn't approach them
½ February 22, 2009
Man, I really enjoyed this movie! Highly recommend it to anyone who wants to see a romantic comedy that doesn't resort to cynical humor and gives you characters that you are rooting for in the end.
January 30, 2009
After learning the lead singer of TV On The Radio was in this I had to see it. I'm so happy I did. It's a peaceful film and is also very relaxing. It's now on my long list of movies I'd love to share with others. Anything on that list I'll happily watch over again, and my God I know someone i'd like to watch this with right now :0 It's a very welcome and nice addition to my movie collection. Very much recommended.