Juno - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Juno Reviews

½ May 18, 2018
This is an absolutely wretched film. The main character is arrogant and obnoxious and downright rude to everyone around her. Apparently this is her being quirky. She also loads herself up in random hipster props, which is to Personality what MSG is to Flavour. It's fake and by the books and filled with unlikeable jerks and doormats.
May 16, 2018
I understand there is a little bit of a backlash with this movie and I might rethink my thoughts if I see it again. The idea of someone going through the process of giving birth and finding genuine love has been done millions of times but with a good director like Jason Reitman on board, a number of well done performances, and a smart, witty, and even touching script, Juno is a neat coming of age story that I actually liked a lot.
April 23, 2018
Juno ist ein Film aus dem Jahr 2007 in dem es um eine 16-jährige Schülerin geht die schwanger wird. Dieser Film hat einen fröhlichen Soundtrack und eine schroffe Sprache. Juno der Film ist insgesamt sehr ruhig und teils emotional. Jason Reitman der Regisseur hat sich schon mit dem Film "Thank You for Smoking" einen Namen gemacht. Ellen Page spielt in Juno die Hauptrolle. Sehenswert.
½ April 13, 2018
Strengths: There's a reason Diablo Cody won an Oscar for writing this screenplay. It's fantastic. It's brilliantly written, with sharp dialogue and fully fleshed out characters. The film manages to tackle subjects that tend to be controversial, like teen pregnancy and abortion, with grace. It never gets too preachy or negative on either side. The acting is spot on, led by Ellen Page (Juno MacGuff) in what is easily her best role ever. Michael Cera (Paulie Bleeker) is perfectly cast for a character seemingly built for him. JK Simmons (Mac) and Allison Janney (Bren) were terrifice as Juno's parents, with each having a different but touching relationship with Juno. Jason Bateman (Mark) and Jennifer Garner (Vanessa) perfectly played off how polar opposites their characters were and both have touching scenes. You feel for Vanessa is almost every scene she has. Olivia Thirlby (Leah) is a hilarious scene-stealer as well. There's also cool little cameos from Rainn Wilson (Rollo) and Candice Accola (Amanda). This is one of those films that expertly blends the touching with the funny, and does so to a great soundtrack, which too many people overlook.

Weaknesses: There aren't many. I will say that some of the scenes between Bateman and Page are awkward and uncomfortable, though that was what they were going for. However, it's just not something I want to watch. The biggest concern is how they tried a bit too hard for make Juno sarcastic and smug. Sitting on a makeshift living room with a pipe in her mouth? Who are you? Some of her jokes missed the mark and felt too forced.

Overall: One of the best films of 2007 and one of the best teen comedies of the decade. There's superb acting, the director is good, the writing is in top form, the soundtrack works, and pretty much everything about this clicks in ways that most movies could only dream about. A must-see that is in the top 50 of the 2000s.
February 5, 2018
A beautiful story! Funny and heartwarming! I love Ellen Page and Allison Janney!
January 21, 2018
Lovely, Just like the soundtrack. I am also a sucker for coming-of-age movies, and this is a well constructed, sweet and funny one!
January 17, 2018
This movie is very good because it is funny and at the same time it has a moral for the young, but she (juno) keeps the smile.
My favorite characters it's Juno because she keeps courage, Vanessa it's a good woman because she does not abondon the future baby and Paulie it's very lovely of Juno.
I hate Jason because he has cold feet and it's a selfish he abondons his wife.
This Movie is very touching when she cries at the end.
What's more her parents understand the situation.
½ January 16, 2018
, although boring and disturbing moments. I don't like the end because it was sad. But the character Juno was funny. It's a story understanding because it's universel.
½ January 16, 2018
This movie is good and funny. But the end of the movie is not appropriate. The actor is cool and so good, the history is interesting. The characters are good actors. I like this movie because the dialogues is appropriate and note disturbing.
January 16, 2018
The film Juno it's the very good film because her story it's touching, but the end of the film it's not very good be cause not appropriate in this story.
January 16, 2018
Thhe movie is touching and funny .
actors are very goods in theirs roles .
Although the humour this movie are very mouving .
½ January 16, 2018
I love this movie because Juno is funny and irresponsible like every teenager. Her love story with Becker is beautiful and touching. The best is Juno's dad because this man makes me laugh and think at the same time. But this movie wasn't relistic, that's the only bad thing for me.
½ December 8, 2017
director Jason Reitman makes a film that's not your typical coming-of-age drama
Ellen Page as Juno is terrific, she's smart, sassy, and high spirited
great supporting cast from J.K. Simmons to Alison Janney to Jason Bateman to Jennifer Garner
I really like the best friend by Olivia Thirlby who's always at her side and even Michael Cera even though he's barely in the picture
after two kids in high school have sex Juno ends up pregnant but takes the news less seriously than everyone else around her, her solution is to give the baby up for adoption since she believes she's not equipped to handle the responsibility just yet
the couple she meets is excited about the news, although the father may have reservations of his own
the dialogue is snappy and witty, the vibe is fresh and very modern and the music is very indie-filled
some people may get sick of the repetitive tunes but Ellen Page graces the screen by playing a teenager who shouldn't be so stressed about having a baby, some people are ready, some people aren't
happiness is still brought regardless
it's also important for someone to love you for who and what you are
having a baby shouldn't be a requirement
Jason Reitman once again has a knack for tackling some big subject matter in terms of the script and his actors
there's not a whole lot of laughs or tears here but the characters are very likeable all around when it comes to handling teenage pregnancy
November 20, 2017
Soundtrack is almost as great as watching Micheal Cera run on a track
½ November 12, 2017
I don't get why Juno is always praised.

If you're one of those who likes pretentious, ''quirky'', ''intelligent'' movies, have at it - to me it was a cringey, boring watch both times I've seen it.
½ November 1, 2017
Awesome and touching.
October 29, 2017
It wasn't realistic, but gets it done on an enjoyable level.
October 17, 2017
Kind of want to see it after it got such rave reviews, but not positive.
½ October 1, 2017
Story about a cocky sixteen year old high school kid who gets pregnant and then decides to give the baby up for adoption. Impressive comic performance by the young Ellen Page. The story is really well done and the directing is top notch. I really enjoyed it but have a difficult time giving it a high rating. The jokes are too corny sometimes.
½ October 1, 2017
I can't take seriously a film in which a teenage girl sits in a fake lounge in a garden with a pipe in her mouth. This film is so pretentious, although there are one or two funny bits and one or two emotionally interesting bits. I find Ellen page too smug and cosy in her part. Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner are great as the mismatched couple looking for a child. otherwise, nah.