Juno - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Juno Reviews

December 5, 2016
Inconsistent dialogue and characters you want to punch in the face make this timely film hard to care about.
½ December 4, 2016
I am not at all a Michael Cera fan but Juno was an extremely enjoyable teen comedy. The jokes were witty and on point and didn't have to rely on dirty humour as a crutch. Cera was perfectly cast as, well, the kind of role he's born for. Ellen Page is fantastic and Olivia Thirlby is hilarious in her supporting role. The entire cast does a good job. Everyone should watch it. Its funny but it ends on a very tasteful note, making it more than a one-note film.
½ November 29, 2016
Emozionante commedia dal tocco molto attuale con personaggi ben caratterizzati e una sceneggiatura fresca e giovane.
½ November 20, 2016
I enjoyed this one, just perhaps not as much as I thought I was. Michael Cera was perfect doing Michael Cera things. Enjoyable, just not epic.
½ November 19, 2016
I love the pro life message. Defines our generation.
October 15, 2016
I, too, am allergic to fine home furnishings.
September 26, 2016
My all time favorite movie
September 17, 2016
Juno delivers Ellen Page and a lovable cast at their full potential.
September 6, 2016
A teenager deals with her pregnancy and giving the child up for adoption. Juno is a coming-of-age story that will surely pull on your heartstrings on how it deals with the trials of being an expectant teen and a wannabe mother. The acting is superb, with a surprising standout performance by Garner. This film has quirky writing that sometimes works in its benefit, but also sometimes hinders the mood. The soundtrack is also annoying.
½ August 27, 2016
After watching this excelent work, I can't help but feel stupid for not knowing Michael Cera could actually act.
½ August 22, 2016
Must have been in a bad mood when I wrote my original review 5 years ago. Juno is excellent and a refreshing take on teenage pregnancy from the female perspective. Ellen Page shines as does the rest of the cast. The music and settings are a little too quirky, but I felt Reitman adapted Diablo Cody's screenplay onto the screen very well.
August 4, 2016
An impressive feat in character building and tone setting, Juno is an instant classic. Ellen Page, Jennifer Garner, and Jason Bateman give fantastic, moving performances that only add to the clever direction and script.
July 31, 2016
Really cute, down-to-earth movie. Ellen Page does an awesome job! Really cute.
July 29, 2016
A little late to the game for this one, but on board no less, Juno is a fun and smart comedy written by Diablo Cody and directed by Jason Reitman who has been attached in varying capacities to other top-notch films in the last 20 years.

Ellen Page gives us a very honest interpretation of a young 16-year-old thrown into chaos when she finds out the only time she ends up having sex leads to pregnancy. So while the focus isn't so much on the occurrence of the act (they only use about 2 minutes of the opening for establishing it), the meat of the film lies with her relationship to a family wanting to adopt her future kid.

She's the typical teenager who's level of maturity rises above many adults, but underlying that still rests someone too out of their depth at that age. The themes here are pretty adult for a movie about someone as young as this.

The supporting cast of Michael Cera, Allison Janney, JK Simmons, Jennifer Garner and Jason Bateman add to the very "real" interpretation of emotions running through these characters.

It's a little short on time and breezes along at a brisk pace accompanied by some stellar and fun dialogue. The resolution here is a win-win for everyone involved, and Juno deserves to be recognized as one of our best.
½ July 17, 2016
The film was okay but I couldn't "get into the movie" felt bored at times, but it was an okay movie in the end.
½ July 9, 2016
Clever but not always realistic, with a very good Ellen Page in the titular role. Michael Cera is likable, Jennifer Garner rather average and the trio of Jason Bateman, Allison Janney and J.K. Simmons very good. It's a bittersweet affair that feels a little one-sided sometimes but remains worthwhile.
July 7, 2016
A coming-of-age examination thoroughly addressing the topic of teen pregnancy on film that was very well delivered with emotionally-expressive charismatic performances and fine direction, and also timely humorous. (A-)

(Full review TBD)
July 3, 2016
I know I have seen this, but I don't know when it was. Probably 2010 or so.
½ July 2, 2016
This is one of those quirky scripts that draws fascinating characters and an intriguing storyline. The cast must of trembled with delight when reading through Diablo Cody's first film script about a high school-aged girl facing pregnancy.

Even supporting characters with small roles have opportunities to utter great lines:
Vanessa Loring: How do I look?
Bren: Like a new mom. Scared shitless.

It's a feel good movie, that might make you a little nauseous with so much darling dialogue, but the odds are you'll love Juno. I did.