Juno - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Juno Reviews

½ December 8, 2017
director Jason Reitman makes a film that's not your typical coming-of-age drama
Ellen Page as Juno is terrific, she's smart, sassy, and high spirited
great supporting cast from J.K. Simmons to Alison Janney to Jason Bateman to Jennifer Garner
I really like the best friend by Olivia Thirlby who's always at her side and even Michael Cera even though he's barely in the picture
after two kids in high school have sex Juno ends up pregnant but takes the news less seriously than everyone else around her, her solution is to give the baby up for adoption since she believes she's not equipped to handle the responsibility just yet
the couple she meets is excited about the news, although the father may have reservations of his own
the dialogue is snappy and witty, the vibe is fresh and very modern and the music is very indie-filled
some people may get sick of the repetitive tunes but Ellen Page graces the screen by playing a teenager who shouldn't be so stressed about having a baby, some people are ready, some people aren't
happiness is still brought regardless
it's also important for someone to love you for who and what you are
having a baby shouldn't be a requirement
Jason Reitman once again has a knack for tackling some big subject matter in terms of the script and his actors
there's not a whole lot of laughs or tears here but the characters are very likeable all around when it comes to handling teenage pregnancy
November 20, 2017
Soundtrack is almost as great as watching Micheal Cera run on a track
½ November 12, 2017
I don't get why Juno is always praised.

If you're one of those who likes pretentious, ''quirky'', ''intelligent'' movies, have at it - to me it was a cringey, boring watch both times I've seen it.
½ November 1, 2017
Awesome and touching.
October 29, 2017
It wasn't realistic, but gets it done on an enjoyable level.
October 17, 2017
Kind of want to see it after it got such rave reviews, but not positive.
½ October 1, 2017
Story about a cocky sixteen year old high school kid who gets pregnant and then decides to give the baby up for adoption. Impressive comic performance by the young Ellen Page. The story is really well done and the directing is top notch. I really enjoyed it but have a difficult time giving it a high rating. The jokes are too corny sometimes.
½ October 1, 2017
I can't take seriously a film in which a teenage girl sits in a fake lounge in a garden with a pipe in her mouth. This film is so pretentious, although there are one or two funny bits and one or two emotionally interesting bits. I find Ellen page too smug and cosy in her part. Jason Bateman and Jennifer Garner are great as the mismatched couple looking for a child. otherwise, nah.
September 20, 2017
Yes this is a stylised almost cartoonish {a la Ghost World} screenplay, but with its big heart and colorful performances this simply adds to its charm - as screenplays goes this is one of the best 5 of the year. I could talk about this all day, it is funny, sassy, has a great soundtrack, top-notch acting - a gem...
September 5, 2017
This movie is funny and has a sweet ending.
½ August 20, 2017
Refreshing romance story.
½ August 19, 2017
A very good, funny and witty coming of age comedy as a young girl comes to terms with falling pregnant. It has some sharp dialogue and Ellen Page is good as the smart ass kid that always has a sarcastic remark at the ready. You'll like it depending on your sense of humour but it has a good strong cast too.
July 11, 2017
Good script, fun movie. I probably will not remember it in 6 months though
July 4, 2017
A great coming of age story with a twist, it can be heartfelt and heartbreaking all at once.
May 12, 2017
Funny and smart, Juno is a well-written drama which is touching but not in a melodramatic way.
½ May 4, 2017
Entertaining indie flare, although it's a little annoying at times. And definitely overhyped, but it is a good movie. (First viewing - May 2008)
May 1, 2017
One of my all time favorite movies. The casting choices were amazing and the storyline made it fun and easy to watch yet keeps you intrigued. Juno is definitely a good character for misfit teens too
April 30, 2017
just a film about a girl who needs a good slap in the mouth.
½ April 25, 2017
Some of the dialog is trying a little too hard, but I liked it anyway.
March 20, 2017
When we just don't know what to do with something's in front of us. When we just don't know if we are certain, but our gut feeling tells us that we already know the answer when its biological. When we do know that we have to tell someone, when they are our confidant, and then another person when they are the reason for us not knowing. When we know what we have to do when we see that we are not thrilled with the thought to know it aint happening between us. When we know we have to destroy it or give it away. When what we don't know we are informed that rattles our brain that we don't know what to do when we are battling our ethics. When the right thing to do we know when we need to let those whom we have to tell know first then give it away to someone whom handle the responsibility other then us. When we know it isn't us to be this inhumane when we know it is not in us. When we know that we are liked by others to know we not many desire us in that way and we are too young to have something's when we are not ready. When we don't know anything about taking care of something's that we know the logical thing is to give to someone whom can. When we know we are giving away something's to good people when they would provide everything we can't. When somethings we know how to do we share in common with others.

(missing 1hr15min)