Jupiter Ascending Reviews

• 6h ago

I kind of like the world design and the whole planet ownership stuff in this movie, but unfortunately those also kind of the only things I like in this movie. I thought pairing Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis is going to be a great duo but their chemistry isn't there and both characters ended up bland with low development into their back story, speaking of performance, Eddie Redmayne which is a very talented actor is giving an underwhelming vibe for his character and to be fair everyone else involved are felt disposable in this movie. The effects I guess is okay, it's still hold up in 2020 but definitely not mind-blowing. Story wise is very messy, it feels like an over vastly big universe without proper base and the exact plot of what is going on, probably because it was intended to be more than just one movie but in this point of course this franchise is going nowhere but stranded in the middle of a space void.

• 5d ago

I actually thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I'd love to see a sequel produced by Netflix or another streaming platform. I went in with lower expectations based on all the reviews but I didn't find it bad at all. It was a very fun and cool to look at sci fi epic. I highly recommend any science fiction fan to check it out and give it an honest chance, you may be surprised.

• 6d ago

Redmayne is making decisions…lots of BOLD decisions. Honestly though, that's sort of what everyone is doing here, and I dig it! The action is great, the story is imaginative, the world-building is super weird…and there are SPACE SKATES! WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE???

• Feb 06, 2020

the amazing special effects cannot make up for how bad the acting, dialogue, storyline and plot are in this or riffic virtual ice skating movie LOL so many racist ropes, all of the people of color are bad guys, they took a black woman and put her on the front of a chariot like an inanimate object to demean her... This movie is unforgivably of atrocious

• Jan 27, 2020

Beautiful visuals. Great action. Compelling characters. Interesting story. I loved every minute of this movie.

• Jan 25, 2020

Very un-original. The movie rips off Countless better sic-fi films. It has to give 10 minutes exposition every scene just understand the plot. Its way too long. Academy award winning Eddie Redmayne gives a terrible performance. Mila Kunis character is terribly written. The dialogue is laughably bad. Their is a lack of connection to any character. I couldn't wait for it to be over with. Very boring story telling... well if their was any story telling at all. I want to know what big movie executive read this script and felt confident enough to give them over 170 million dollars.

• Jan 23, 2020

Love it. It is confusing the first time you watch it, but you understand all the subleties more every time you watch it.

• Jan 05, 2020

It's a good movie. Really well made.

It's a good movie. Really well made.

• Jan 05, 2020

This is a dull confused mess of a movie, with pretty impressive visuals,

This is a dull confused mess of a movie, with pretty impressive visuals,

• Dec 20, 2019

I love this move! Absolute BEST!

I love this move! Absolute BEST!