Just Looking Reviews

• Aug 16, 2014

Funny, sweet movie that is very nostalgic of the 50s and going through the trauma of adolescence, as well as learning how to take people for more than face value.

• Aug 10, 2014

oh Jason Alexander and his wacky direction it starts off as a cutesy, innocent story about a young Ryan Merriman wanting to know everything about sex since he's getting all curious his life goal is to actually see it with his own eyes although he has a little trouble accomplishing it because he's moving away and he cant stand his stepfather once he spends time with his aunt and uncle and a couple friends in a so-called 'sex' club he begins to unravel more of the fascination behind the idea the movie bounces back and forth between the sex jokes and the drama but the drama actually starts to unfold more once the hour mark hits and you start to fully comprehend why Lenny is obsessed the 1950's vibe is fairly retro and most certainly adds to the silliness of the premise sure it's a large cast of unknowns but they all contribute moderately well to Lenny's quest and coming-of-age the movie is questionable at several points delving between being a family flick and an adult one however, you'll still have a good time with this one

• Jan 06, 2014

This movie is very (and I mean VERY) hard to review. I can't decide whether I think it's a bad movie with some good parts or a good movie with some bad parts. Most of the dialogue between the kids is horrible and their own subplot is not very good. But the movie does a complete 180 when it shows the story and interactions with the main character and the adults. Almost all of the scenes with the young boy and the adults are well written and acted. They create a good narrative and fell very real. So whether this movie is good or bad just falls to the viewers preference. I am stuck in the middle but I still think this movie is a decent watch and would prefer it to most people if they're in the mood for a good coming-of-age movie. 5/10

• Nov 22, 2011

Pretty good coming of age film. Some very good actors all throughout the film mostly characters actors honing their craft. Much of the film rests on Ryan Merriman who is capable. Nice effort at directing by Jason Alexander

• Dec 28, 2009

I didn't think it would be that interesting, but it was. It was an interesting storyline kind of weird but it was interesting. It was a good movie to watch to pass the time. Gretchen Mol was pretty good in this along with Peter Onorati and Ryan Merriman. The cast was really good.

• Dec 27, 2009

Pretty good movie by an Armenian guy. It's well worth watching. I could see myself as a young man wanting to know about sex and how it's down. This movie did capture the essence of being a young man with urges. Plus Gretchen Mol is hot and today I watched another movie with her in it.

• Byron B Super Reviewer
    Aug 28, 2009

Gretchen Mol is intriguing.

Gretchen Mol is intriguing.

• Aug 20, 2009

Amazingly sweet and funny - the very best movie I have seen in a long time! Jason Alexander is a genius.

• Jun 03, 2009

Surprisingly good coming of age movie. Starts off in a way that many boys can relate to and ends with lessons learned and a boy becoming a man.

• May 25, 2009

The movie is another tale of coming of age. These films tend to interest me because of the nostalgia they transmit, but in this case the film doesn't work for me. I know it is unfair to compare a movie with another, but this is nowhere the league of such classics as "Stand by me", "Cinema Paradiso" or many other great tales that depict that moment between childhood and adolescence.