Seeking Justice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seeking Justice Reviews

½ October 26, 2016
I just don't get the low ratings.
½ September 14, 2016
Liked the fine story , Good time seeing this ! SOMDVD
jamrcla
July 6, 2016
In the case of most of these kind of films the story is good even if it's predictable, But there's little pace and we find ourselves starting to get a little bored, Nic Cage puts in a good performance and with a few twists thrown in it was going fine but for the run time there's very little that actually happens.
November 22, 2015
More and more Nicholas Cage movies are a gamble. It's a shame that his money problems have put him in a spot where he must put his name on every script that comes along his path. But this one is one of the ones that actually turned out to be decent. I decided to risk myself because the title suggested a typical tale of personal revenge in the purest style of B cinema, and besides, Nicolas Cage can be a good actor whenever he wants to. To my surprise, the film ended up defying my low expectations with a screenplay which is more ambitious than I expected, and even though it eventually tangles itself too much for its own good, I never found it boring or predictable. I found the concept of Seeking Justice very interesting. Something that would have ended up in Hitchhock's world of Strangers on a Train or Dial M for Murder. It works pretty well for the most part even though it does trip up on it's own feet from time to time and the climax is excessively convenient but Donaldson being a pretty good director kept the pace up and never lets it get boring. Cage makes a credible work in the leading role, and he is well complemented by the solid performances from January Jones who is actually given more to do then stand around and look pretty and Guy Pearce as usual doesn't disappoint. Definitely not a bad pick for a new release rental.
September 12, 2015
When it comes to Nicholas Cage you know it's going to be a 50/50 chance, but this was not a bad movie, the acting is solid, you do get the feeling you seen this before, there is always a bad egg to screw up a good thing. You can see things coming but it doesn't ruins the movie. As that being said for this being a nice movie and seeing good positive reviews about this film, I give " Seeking Justice " a C.
September 2, 2015
sometimes I wonder if this really happen in real life.
July 20, 2015
This had a good story, the film could've been better made but it was pretty intriguing.
June 13, 2015
Obviously this is not a great movie, but it kept my attention for the duration.
April 6, 2015
Aside from an annoying phrase used throughout the movie, not terrible.
March 27, 2015
Wow, lots of people didn't like this oldschool Nicolas Cage return, but I was on "the edge of my seat" to be cliché. It felt pretty good for a change and I hope Cage makes more thrillers like this in the future.
½ March 13, 2015
Cage may be the worst actor working in Hollywood but I found this movie to be pretty enjoyable.
March 9, 2015
A surprisingly engaging NCAM (Nicolas Cage Action Movie).
½ March 8, 2015
Diese Geschichte um Selbstjustiz auszuüben, wäre nicht schlecht gewesen! Man kann da schon mit Nicolas Cage fühlen, dass das Thema überwiegend heikel wird. Leider ist der Film so etwas von konfus gemacht, dass man sich das Ende herbei sehnt. Souveräner Thriller als Grundidee, kann aber nicht vom Hocker reissen. Das einzige was heraussticht: Guy Pearce! Bei ihm sieht man die Kontrolle an, das er ausübt.
Fazit: Der Thriller wäre gut gewesen, wenn man ihn besser überarbeitet hätte. Der Job der Schauspieler ist solide!
February 15, 2015
I liked the idea of the movie, the beginning was promising, but then it got rather dull and in the end it turned out to be just the next mediocre movie with Nicolas Cage...:( Such a pity! :(
½ January 7, 2015
For a direct release B movie, it is surprisingly entertaining.
½ December 4, 2014
normalita nada que no hayamos visto antes.
November 7, 2014
Came for the Guy Pearce, stayed for the Nic Cage.
½ October 25, 2014
This was a fairly enjoyable action/thriller with a really good cast of actors.
Nicolas Cage is actually quite good in this film. Maybe when he is surrounded by good actors he steps up his game.
A nice twist on the basic revenge movie. I liked the idea of helping people in need and then getting them to do favors in return.
½ September 29, 2014
Previous Cage movies needs to seek justice until Donaldson comes for a rescue, now I just saw Cage on his finest here. Cage charisma dominates throughout with brilliant suspense plot.
½ September 21, 2014
Boring with a plot that makes no sence