The Karate Kid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Karate Kid Reviews

March 20, 2016
Un clasico del cine . sin duda
½ June 8, 2016
thanks to Miyagi Daniel-son is the best around! S/O Tangerine Dream for dope score
June 4, 2016
There's no denying The Karate Kid is a great movie, it is simply pure fun all the time.
½ March 27, 2015
The Karate Kid (1984) ??? 1/2
D: John G. Avildsen. Ralph Macchio, Pat Morita, Elisabeth Shue, Martin Kove, Randee Heller, William Zabka. Irresistible, crowd-pleasing look at relationship between young bullied Macchino and his new karate trainer and friend Morita. Exciting, charming, moving, funny, supremely acted. This was a sensation at the box office-and for good reason. Joe Esposito sings the familiar "You're The Best Around". Only complaint: It goes on a bit too long. Followed by two sequels and a remake in 2010.
May 15, 2016
One of my all-time favorite movies. Must have watched this hundreds of times on VHS. Never seems to get old and I'll watch it anytime it's on.
March 31, 2015
Who doesn't love The Karate Kid, one of the most iconic sports films of all time? I know I do. For a pretty standard story, this film was well done. It has it's hoaky moments, but it's so enjoyable. I love the acting, the music, the writing, the characters, and the good life lessons it teaches. Daniel is a very likeable character. He's tough, but sensitive. He's determined, charmingly cocky, and just a nice kid. I felt so bad for him. I really wanted him to succeed. Mr. Miyagi is also a good character. He's confident and wise, and a good karate teacher. The relationship between these two is very warm and strong. Ali is likeable and she and Daniel make a pretty cute couple. The bully Johnny is a fun antagonist. The other villain, the teacher of Johnny's dojo John Kreese, is an enjoyable nut, even though I never got what is problem was. What else is there more to say? It's just a good film and it still holds up today. Predictable and standard, but very charming and passionate, The Karate Kid is and always will be a classic.
½ September 8, 2014
90%
Filled with classic quotes and performances, The Karate Kid is a story we've all seen before, but the delivery is still as new and interesting today as it was back then.

V: 72%
February 2, 2016
Great from beginning to end.
January 26, 2016
A classical classic.One of my favorite films of all time.
November 9, 2015
ÃÃ,¢?Ã,Ã,¦Ã¢Ã,¦l?
December 7, 2015
A great 80's flick propped up by the great chemistry of Macchio and Morita.
½ August 27, 2015
A much more clichéd and predictable film than its cousin, "Rocky", "The Karate Kid" is nevertheless a film with a lot of heart and even better character development than "Rocky".
September 3, 2015
Os amigos vêm de mundos diferentes, Daniel Larusso (Ralph Macchio) e sua mãe (Randee Heller) recentemente se mudaram de Nova Jersey para o sul da Califórnia. Porém, Daniel não consegue se ambientar em sua nova cidade, até que conhece Ali Mills (Elisabeth Shue), uma garota pela qual se apaixona, porém, a situação de Daniel se complica quando o ex-namorado de Ali, Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka), e sua gangue começam a atormentá-lo. Um dia, quando é cercado pela gangue de Johnny, ele é salvo pelo Sr. Miyagi, um veterano japonês (Pat Morita) mestre na arte do karatê. Disposto a ajudar Daniel, Sr. Miyagi resolve passar-lhe os ensinamentos do karatê, para que ele possa se defender da gangue de Johnny. The Karate Kid foi dirigido por John G. Avildsen, que fez "Rocky", ele termina com o mesmo tipo de cena de luta clímax; Mas o coração do filme não está nas sequências de luta, mas nas relações muito bem construídas de uma história de temperamento doce, comovente emocionante com uma das amizades mais interessantes do cinema.
October 4, 2008
Avildsen reaches back into ROCKY formula here. Epic rivalry between Larusso & Johnny Lawrence culminating in final of All Valley Karate Tournament. Nothing beats Martin Kove's facial expressions during the tourney or Bananarama's 'Cruel Summer' and Joe Esposito's 'You're The Best Around' montages.
October 12, 2015
Ultimate feel good 80s Classic.
September 30, 2015
The bullies in the movie are pretty cringe worthy but still a classic!
½ September 24, 2015
Charming, heartfelt and warm- this film is a classic and is way better than the remake (not surprising).
February 17, 2008
A bit corny and I'm probably a little too nostalgic for it but its still a good movie. Pat Morita is just amazing as the iconic Mr Miyagi and its a rewarding underdog story. It was also directed by the same guy who did Rocky.
½ September 6, 2015
Rating: 89%
The Karate Kid rightly mixes martial arts entertainment, fun characters, great acting, and respectable morals to create a formula that turns out to be very enjoyable.