The Karate Kid Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Karate Kid Part II Reviews

½ March 7, 2018
Whyy do people not like this movie? It has all the aspects that made the first so great! Even though Part II didn't get awesome reviews, still go see it!
½ February 27, 2018
A film that never needed a sequel gets a sequel or Mr Miyagi gets a movie to expand on his character.
Not the worst sequel ever and the 80s nostalgia helps this movie from sinking into a dud but the real letdown is not having a big showdown with some karate. The movie builds and builds around a duel between Mr Miyagi and an old foe and that story just peters out leaving the Karate Kid to fight the old foes nephew in a fight that is lazy and a huge letdown.
½ January 31, 2018
The chemistry between the two leads deepens in this sequel that introduces a new setup that fits, as well as lets John G. Avildsen explore his inner Kurosawa/Mizoguchi, but there are a few more implausibilities, plus the story can't help but end up following the familiar resolution of the original, despite higher stakes.
January 3, 2018
Oh come on! The Karate Kid II was very interesting and enjoyable!
½ October 8, 2017
Going to Japan kinda dumb, especially when everyone speaks English and his 70 year old friend wants to fight, his voice is laughable. Ending is stupid, dude wants to fight kid to death
August 18, 2017
Ah non, pas encore ... et que dire des batailles vraiment très "fake" !! Non, pas pour moi !
August 10, 2017
The ending is memorable. Too bad Elisabeth Shue wasn't in it though.
August 6, 2017
Classic just as good as the original
July 2, 2017
Though it is better paced, the familiar premise and gimmicks quickly get tiresome.
May 29, 2017
5/29/2017 (2): Meh. Nothing great or memorable about this film.
May 15, 2017
Betrays some of the story beats of the original and takes the easy way out of not having most of the cast return, by moving the location, but it's still entertaining, with a satisfying conclusion.
February 12, 2017
Daniel-san, never put passion before principle. Even if win, you lose.
January 6, 2017
4.5 out of 10:

Even if it has its heartwarming moments and intense scenes, Karate Kid Part 2 feels like a slow retread of the first movie.
½ December 31, 2016
The first movie was better than this
September 3, 2016
My least favorite of any of the movies in the franchise, but even this wasn't bad. It was a little annoying and boring at times. (First and only viewing - 5/18/2010)
August 24, 2016
I don't understand why most people are hard on this sequel! It's not perfect I know, but at least it's not corny or lame like certain sequels to other films. Yeah, the villian looks like he's plucked out of the hit video game Street Fighter, but he was a very scary antagonist to mess with! It's a shame that the 3rd film was a step down from this one!
August 22, 2016
I was never a fan of this sequel and over thirty years later, I still don't like it. It had the potential for a double kick ass finale, with both Miyagi and Danielson having scores to settle. The only highlight for me is Peter Cetera's Glory Of Love.
½ August 20, 2016
Daniel and Mr. Myagi travel to Okinawa and encounter Myagis nephew, who soon battles Daniel for a girl again. Daniel wins thanks to some hand drums that magically make Daniel strong again kind of like Okinawan spinach.
August 6, 2016
This sequel to The Karate Kid is a disappointment. Not even close to being as good as the first. It was a good idea to make a sequel but I expected more out of this film. John G Avildsen returns as director in this film and he didn't manage to make this a good sequel which is a shame because the first film is so good and memorable, yet this sequel is poor and forgettable. I was looking forward to watching this film and expected it to be a good one. It is a whole new idea of Ralph Macchio and Pat Mortia travelling to Japan to settle an old score, I did quite like the idea but ultimately it just didn't work out as well as the creators of this sequel wanted it to. Pat Mortia and Ralph Macchio were still good in this film which is obviously good to see, but the acting from other characters in this film was pretty poor. I suppose it was difficult to make a second great film but they could have tried harder. Joke of a film.