Killer Elite Reviews

• Nov 28, 2020

Killer Elite is based on a true story about a top British mercenary team led by Jason Statham who were dispatched and brought back together because of his mentor played by Robert DeNiro who was kept captive by the country of Oman disgraced sheik. The sheik's three son's were hunted and killed during the war and Jason is brought back into action to bring justice to the three sons that were killed in order to free his mentor along with six million dollars. His murder for hire team is assembled with Dominic Purcell and Adam Young. Along the way his team is caught in a dangerous path by the SAS led by Clive Owen and Ben Mendelsohn. Other than the killings of the British Air Force soldiers the plot became confusing and hard to follow. The story takes us from Australia where we find the beautiful Yvonne Strahovski who played Jadon's love interest. We then find the team travel to England, Middle East and to Paris, France. It was a good action packed tough guy fighting sequences that was fun to watch. To this day the British government has yet to reveal the truth and the actions of those soldiers.

• Sep 02, 2020

Thoroughly average as an action film, failing to take advantage of its period setting or its exceptionally capable cast. Even the title is generic, indicative of most of the content found within. Mercenary groups, international vendettas, vigilante bureaucrat former spec ops senior citizens, there could have been a great B-movie if the pieces had been in a different order. Regrettably, it seems it was not to be. (2.5/5)

• Aug 18, 2020

I thought it was great. cool action and interesting based on a true story story.

• Jun 15, 2020

One of the best cases I have seen of "what did they have on these actors to get them into this film?" A direct to video script with a list talent.

• Jun 14, 2020

Had high Hope's for this with statham de niro and owen...unfortunately didnt come anywhere close to what it could and should have been

• Jun 04, 2020

Una película buena para pasar el rato sin preocuparse por lo que tiene de fondo, si lo haces espera una gran decepción.

• May 22, 2020

I’m always a sucker for films about spies (or in this case assassins) who are the best at what they do. Invariably, it seems that there’s someone who is past their prime or desperate to get out, which I think is used as a method to raise the stakes. In this case, Jason Statham plays the man who wants to move on to a normal life, and honestly any action film featuring him is going to be a little bit better just because of his presence. He is so charming and is excellent at the action, plus there’s an element of humor that he is able to inject even in serious situations that many other actors cannot pull off. I found it to be an interesting twist that Robert De Niro plays his mentor, but he’s the one who stays in the hitman game while his protégé seeks to move on. The action sequences are quite good, and you definitely can sense that these guys are dangerous. Even Clive Owen, who can come off a bit stiff, presents himself as intimidating and deadly in Killer Elite. Perhaps the most difficult part to swallow about Killer Elite is that it was “based on a true story.” When they make a movie as action-packed and bombastic as this, it simply doesn’t feel like reality. It’s as if you’re watching a James Bond film, and at the end they said it was based on a true story. So I was not surprised, looking into it further, it appears that the novel was hotly debated whether it had any truth as well. Killer Elite also struggles with muddling the story a bit much. I understood what was going on most of the time, but the methods of the assassins didn’t make a ton of sense, and I was confused how they were completing the mission as it was spelled out for them. There were also moments when I couldn’t understand why people were being civil with one another rather than just killing everyone in the room, since that seemed so easy for them. Still, despite its plot inconsistencies, Killer Elite was still an enjoyable ride and a film I’ll gladly watch again (for entertainment and not a history lesson.)

• May 08, 2020

meeehhh, skip it if u want

meeehhh, skip it if u want

• Apr 15, 2020

stupid movie, too boring

stupid movie, too boring

• Apr 01, 2020

As long as you don't expect anything more than what it is, an action filled world-wide chase to kill people, than it delivers as promised. De Niro, in this movie, is like when a new superhero pops up for a minute at the end of an Avengers movie. However, the whole Statham grows a conscious and doesn't want to kill people gets tired real fast.