Killers Reviews

May 3, 2010
Cute, no dept, but still fun as a movie like this can be.
Japes
October 16, 2011
I don't like how they fast forwarded to when Kutcher and Heigl were already married. They cut out so much. Plus the lack of chemistry and idiocy of the actors made the film terrible. Kutcher is sooo cute though. It's worth watching for him.
DreamExtractor
August 10, 2011
A ripoff of Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Knight and Day. When meeting a suave and nice man named Spencer (Ashton Kutcher), a woman named Jen (Katherine Heigl) figures she has met the one. After three years of marriage, an assassin comes to try and kill Spencer, and he tells Jen he used to be a killer for the CIA, and the married couple have been drawn into a whole crap load of hell. The plot is like I said, a rip off of Knight and Day & Mr. and Mrs. Smith but with less action and more bad jokes. The cast was pretty boring, even though it has Ashton Kutcher, it seems like they were just doing this for a paycheck. The jokes were pretty bad, but some physical humor in the film was funny. The action was really cheesy, but it wasn't boring.
blkbomb
½ July 25, 2011
Jen: How weird is this going to get? Because some things you cannot unsee.

"Perfect Husband. Perfect Target."

I'm a little shocked to say this, but I actually didn't hate Killers. Of the four Ashton Kutcher romantic comedies I have seen, Killers would have to be my favorite one. Not that that's saying too much, as all his other ones sucked and Killers isn't all that good either. It's not that I have anything against Kutcher; actually I don't hate him nearly as much as most. It's just that he stars in all these romantic comedies that at their core are the exact same thing.

Aside from the first half hour; which was nearly unwatchable, I would say I enjoyed Killers somewhat. It was completely predictable and Katherine Heigl was much worse than the average romantic comedy leading lady, but it was watchable. And today when talking about romantic comedies, watchable means nearly a masterpiece.

The story is okay and the action saved this movie. Ashton Kutcher plays a spy who gives it up to marry Jen. Three years down the line, a 20 million dollar bounty is put on his head. So him and his wife have a lot of people trying to kill him. So he has to come clean to his wife about the whole thing. Everything that happens outside of the action follows the same formula as any other unoriginal romantic comedy.

So, I'm not saying that I liked Killers, but I didn't dislike it either. It was for the most part a fun movie. Not nearly as excruciating to watch as What Happens In Vegas.
July 21, 2011
Action Romedy that falls flat on it's face. What a bizarre screenplay, it's all so offbeat. One minute it's ridiculously dark, the next it laughs things off without so much as a blink.. There are some chuckles I give you that but barely ever breaks out enough of formula.
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
Really funny. I love Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher, they had great chemisty. A must see!
July 17, 2010
The only thing that could make such a bland premise watchable would be the action film trifecta: hot women, large scale explosions, and comic relief. Did this supposed romantic comedy with a predictable plot come through on any of these? Not so much. The entire film drags, not getting to the point until an hour in. Before that we have to go through the steady and very unfunny story of the two main character's romance and eventual marriage, which is only hinted at before a flash forward to three years later, also not explained. By the end, where there's supposed to be a big reveal and an ooh and aah moment, we're not only let down but reviled. This film did not need to be made, but of course Katherine Heigl needed another film where she pretends to be socially awkward, half naked, and able to scream epithets for no discernible reason. Kutcher has the chops to play comedic roles, but as an assassin I almost felt violated watching him try to shed the idiot persona he's cultivated all these years. Plain pathetic, Killers is neither a good bad movie, nor a bad movie; it's a bad bad movie.
June 22, 2010
Neither action nor romance, Killers will please all those who see it for Kutcher, disappoint those in search of a story.
deano
August 16, 2009
Good romantic-comedy-action film. Katherine Heigl's character as the geeky beauty Jen is sexy, funny and bubbly. Ashton Kutcher could never really escape the dumb persona he has built in his latest comedy films. He tried his best in this film to play an action hero, and I think he passes muster. I think the two of them do have some sort of goof-ball chemistry because of their likable personalities.
The execution of the script is OK. I sort of liked the outlandish plot points and the over-the top comedic violence.
MovieMaster12
½ June 5, 2010
*1/2

Killers starring Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl is about as charmless, thrilless, and joyless a picture as your likely to see all summer.

The awkward, bumbling, and lovelorn Jen (Heigl) visits Nice, France with her mother (Catherine O'Hara) and over-cautious father (Tom Selleck). Jen's a vulnerable recent dumpee who quickly falls for the handsome Spencer (Kutcher), who she meets randomly at her hotel. And whadya know Spencer happens to be a CIA funded contract killer in town for "business" purposes. The two hit it off and get married soon after, all the while Jen's completely oblivious to her perfect new hubby's life as a hired gun.

The concept of the "killers" comes in after Spencer attempts to quit his life of iniquity and settle down. This proves more difficult when a 20 million dollar bounty is placed on his head and a cadre of assassins disguised as friendly neighbors move in for the kill.

The film directed by Robert Luketic is a gross miscalculation on many levels. It's an action movie that never excites - and manages to overstep it's tonal boundaries with some excessive gore -, a comedy thats hardly ever funny, and an attempted play on the conflicts of real married life that couldn't feel more artificial.

Kutcher gets some of the biggest laughs - along with O'Hara as Jen's drunken mother - but is completely unconvincing as action star or romantic lead. The touch of charisma that a Cary Grant, Steve McQueen, or George Clooney could provide is dolefully missing. And Heigl is stereotypical as the the relatable girl thats confused and snarky in equal measures. The two have no chemistry.

Killers is in the spirit of much better films like Romancing The Stone and True Lies, but the heart and mind that made those films so hot is missing in this genre entry and the product is considerably more icey and forgettable.
July 17, 2010
Quite poor overall I felt, looked like it could have been fun, but misses the mark badly. Not that funny, not many great action scenes and by the end I thought it was just about to get going, then the credits rolled! Knight and Day is much better in every department and came out around the same time, watch that instead.
½ October 10, 2010
not as bad as I expected...Tom Selleck's mustache is the real star
September 7, 2010
hmmm. I wanted to like this more...but alas
½ May 2, 2010
A poor mans GROSSE POINTE BLANK of sorts. "KILLERS" just really wants to be a fun blend of romantic comedy and action but forgets that the reason the formula has been successful in the past (with films such as GROSSE POINTE BLANK) is that the filmmakers found the perfect balance of each genre and fused the two in a harmonic blend. KILLERS is scattershot, and the genre mix on display here always just feels awkward and forced, making the film overall feel the exact same way.

Bonus points for Tom Selleck who is always awesome!
September 20, 2010
Its everything you could imagine from the actors and director involved.
Nate Z.
½ September 17, 2010
Where to begin with this? It?s an action romantic comedy that can?t commit to either genre. First off, this witless rip-off of Mr. and Mrs. Smith (or Knight & Day) can?t even get on track thanks to zero chemistry between Katherine Heigl and a routinely shirt-free Ashton Kutcher. They don?t gel at all. Just because two actors can make goofy faces doesn?t mean they?ll light up the screen as a couple. Their energies do not click. Heigl emits some magic combination of elements that makes her an unusually likeable and compelling actress on screen; note, I never said good, but she?s an ace with the rom-com material. When will she start choosing better material, and movies where she gets to assert herself instead of being a ditz and the butt of jokes? The plot is absurd and the film?s tone doesn?t know how to settle down. One second it?s a jaunty, irreverent action jag, and then the next it?s trying to be some winsome romance about two people who may have rushed into marriage. Oh, and they happen to be living in a neighborhood crammed with sleeper agents all trying to kill Ashton. When you hear the reveal for why this is happening, it will seriously make you rethink the notion of ?tough love.? It makes little sense in any realm of thought. The action lacks flair and sizzle, let alone minute tension, and the comedy is just as joyless. Heigl slides right into screwball mode and the film confuses an ongoing argument as characterization. The duo act so cavalier conveniently forgetting that people from all walks of life are trying to kill them at every turn, for the lamest of reasons. Why hire sleeper agents to lie and wait if you want to kill a guy? Is that really the most cost efficient policy? They don?t even get a single decent joke out of this premise. The only thing this movie kills effectively is time.

Nate's Grade: C-
thefog1331
September 12, 2010
Not that it's a great movie but there's way too much hating on this movie that should be reserved for more dismal garbarge like the Step Ups or Spike Lee's latest. Overall a silly, mostly funny comedy/thriller-lite in the vein of Knight and Day with a nice job from the cast especially Tom Selleck.
stevenecarrier
½ September 7, 2010
"Killers" is watchable- plain and simple. While nothing about the picture is original, it still has a light charm to it that makes the cliches and redundancy go down easy. Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl give it their all and at times it's transparent; but for the most part they make a cute team. What was pretty surprising is what they resembled somewhat real characters. The supporting cast is funny but disposable but the dialogue can be clever. What keeps "Killers" from totally collapsing is director Robert Luketic's sure hand over the script. He knows how to keeps things moving and stylish. "Killers" is nothing new and never tries to be, but there is nothing detrimentally wrong with it to not warrant a viewing. You can certainly find worse date films... yep, I'm looking at you, "The Back-Up Plan".
LWOODS04
½ August 17, 2009
Cast: Ashton Kutcher, Katherine Heigl, Tom Selleck, Catherine O'Hara, Katheryn Winnick, Kevin Sussman, Lisa Ann Walter, Casey Wilson, Rob Riggle, Martin Mull

Director: Robert Luketic

Summary: When an elite assassin (Ashton Kutcher) marries a beautiful computer whiz (Katherine Heigl) after a whirlwind romance, he gives up the gun and settles down with his new bride. That is, until he learns that someone from his past has put a contract out on his life. Now, the couple must go on the run if they hope to survive and settle the score once and for all.

My Thoughts: "The only thing good this movie had going for it was the chemistry between the two leads and the humor of Catherine O'Hara. She was enjoyable as the outspoken drunk mother. Besides that it was just an OK comedy. Nothing to laugh out loud to, but it gives you a few giggles here and there. The story was weak and predictable. But it was well worth watching to pass the time on a boring day."
ajaymuthecooldevils
May 16, 2010
A different type comedy from Luketic and Kutcher! Combining action and comedy maybe wasn't a new combination, but those two person made this movie more interesting... I already seen 4 from 6 his movies before I watched this movie, and all of them was okay, with some of them was pretty good... But Killers is way more interesting than his movies before... Combining Ashton Kutcher with Katherine Heigl was actually works, especially because they have a back-up from senior actors like Tom Selleck and Catherine O'Hara... Kutcher playing a different role than he usually had, and for me it was pretty good... At least if he can get more serious in the future, he could be the next Tom Cruise I think... And for Heigl, I just love her... She's funny and lovely, a perfect combination for the role of leading lady in a comedy movie like this one... Overall, the story maybe just standard, and the twist they gave in the ending was way too predictable... But this movie is entertained me, so I couldn't write a bad review about it...