King of the Cowboys Reviews

• Aug 12, 2014

My first Roy Rogers movie, and it was better than I expected. The singing got folded into the story line, which was interesting enough. The fight scenes were decently choreographed. Rogers has an easy-going charm. Not a fan of the Frog character though.

• Dec 09, 2012

I never understood the Roy Rodgers' Movies or the TV shows. It's supposed to be a Western. Why do they have cars? If they have cars, why are they riding horses? Why would the bank robbers get out of their car and try to escape on horses just so Roy Rodgers could chase them on his horse. Even when I was a kid and saw these on TV I thought they were stupid. And why is he always singing. The Lone Ranger never sang. The Lone Ranger was cool.

• May 27, 2010

Typically good Roy Rogers movie, this one with Gene Autry?s usual sidekick Smiley Burnette. Light and entertaining. Good story and fine pacing.

• May 27, 2010

62/100. Typically good Roy Rogers movie, this one with Gene Autry's usual sidekick Smiley Burnette. Light and entertaining. Good story and fine pacing.

• May 26, 2009