Kubo and the Two Strings Reviews

• 1d ago

This is one of the most underrated movies I've ever seen

This is one of the most underrated movies I've ever seen

• Aug 26, 2019

What can I say about this movie? Where to begin. A story that grips you from start to finish, animation that will leave you in awe of its beauty and characters that you can really engage with. An emotional tale for sure but one that is not to be missed.

• Aug 09, 2019

Best of best stop-motion pictures I have seen .... the story is consistent to Japanese folktales told to children... this movie is the epitome of children's animation! I watched it the first time on Netflix and I was entranced by its heart!

• Aug 05, 2019

You can actually forgive how the ending of Kubo and the Four Strings goes all over the place, because of how big it can get in comparison with its emotional and visual heights along along with, at least, a friendly nod to Japanese folklore. A go for me.

• Aug 04, 2019

Kubo and the two strings isn't the best Laika movie. The characters aren't charismatic and the story isn't touching as in some other Laika movies, but the visual effects are a delight, the voices perfectly match and the plot is thrilling and original.

• Aug 03, 2019

An incredibly imaginative story, lovely characters, and fantastic animation

An incredibly imaginative story, lovely characters, and fantastic animation

• May 15, 2019

Is one of the bests animated movies I've ever seen, that's literally all I have to say

• May 04, 2019

Kubo and the Two Strings was absolutely robbed of the Best Animated Feature Oscar. This was even my favorite movie of 2016! Hell, this might even be one of the top five animated movies of all time in my opinion! This story is so gripping and emotional, with brilliant visual storytelling and facial expressions to show what the characters are thinking. And speaking of which, this rivals Aladdin and The Lion King as one of the most gorgeous animated films ever made. The tangibility of the stop-motion effects make it feel so real even though I'm looking at stop-motion. I fathom how some of these effects were done, like the water, mountains, this giant red skeleton, and even the combat sequences! Zootopia was good, but no where near as memorable or emotionally impacting as Kubo and the Two Strings.

• May 04, 2019

A true masterpiece! Top-quality stop-motion animation, well-written characters and great soundtrack

• Apr 13, 2019

Absolutely breathtaking, with a compelling story and fun characters. Visually stunning. It's clear that this was a passion project for the artists at Laika.