The Lake House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lake House Reviews

½ July 19, 2017
A romantic time travelling fantasy that never quite convinces you of its premise but mananges to lul you into acceptance due to its sweet, earnest intentions and good heart.
July 16, 2017
I will always love this movie. Does it have plot holes? Probably. Do I care? No. I love Keanu and Sandra Bullock together. And I enjoyed the twist in this movie.
June 24, 2017
One of my favorite movies. Guess I like plots that are too convoluted. Plus I can shamelessly say that Keanu's my favorite actor. All this from a guy.
½ April 15, 2017
Call me crazy, but I found this ludicrously convincing and sweet.
½ April 14, 2017
I don't understand this until I took notes and drew diagrams.
½ April 12, 2017
I actually liked it...repeatedly :)
½ March 29, 2017
When what we see, that we can't see we feel a close connection too. When we wish to see somethings but unable to other things to know time is not on our side, but destiny is. When what we don't see in our futures we see when we always can see into our pasts that we can't link the two from changing our paths. When some paths we see we were meant meant to see when destiny brings us together. When what we see too much of is not always a good thing when we are too busy looking at the thing we desire rather then what it does to us. When we see somethings we are not prepared for that can nature takes its course and whether we stand the course of time and all of its elements. When we enjoy seeing all the beauty around us but don't understand what costs it takes to keep it that way.

When we don't see that making our mind and not letting people see on their own, we change the course of future. When we wish to see others we had a profound connection with, those that can see us for whom we are, those that can see we put our work ahead of everything to keep continuing seeing what we are seeing to move forward and surround ourselves with everything we wish to see, but we only see what is in front of us not what is behind us to know we will not see each other again. When we see what brought us together, when we were meant to cross paths and see to it that we deliver a message to prevent a past mistake that go back to where it all started before we are too late. When we see we were meant to be together, that destiny wanted us to have a chance at how unpredictable life's outcomes could drift us apart that we take separate path. When we see that we always continue to fight our way to paths we can't see, when life's cruel jokes blind us, that we wait till we build ourselves strong enough to weather any severe conditions that might hit us.
March 25, 2017
Very underrated romance movie.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
July 21, 2016
Great movie! Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock light up the screen!
July 1, 2016
Very romantic, sweet & touching story. :-)
June 10, 2016
A touching love story. The house is beautiful.

2015-07-26// The last time I watched this was in the theatre. Watching it again, the pace of this movie is really really slow. The film asks you to overlook the logical flaws and just accept the romance that's leading this movie.
½ June 7, 2016
Typical Hollywood love affair wrapped nicely with a bit of fantasy.
April 9, 2016
This is the stereotypical romantic drama which tries to use the successful mix from Speed between Bullock and Reeves. It doesn't really work.

The movie is quite flat and the plot is quite nonsensical. Of course, in a movie with time traveling you cannot think much about that part of the story or will fall apart. Not specifically, the fault of this one. But the behavior of the characters is really, really pointless in some parts.

Also, the parallel family struggles of both characters are quite pointless and irrelevant for the main story.

The main mistake, however, is the lack of spark that Bullock and Reeves did have in Speed. They are just numb.

The best part, the beautiful setting of the Lake House.
April 1, 2016
Good well thought out movie! A must to see.
January 29, 2016
interesna ideja, ama filmov ima eden golem problem, a toa e deka scenaristot najverovatno ne idel na casovi po fizika, ne izgledal niedna epizoda na Star Trek i ne procital nisto od Arthur Clarke...steta...a dobra ideja...
January 27, 2016
The movie is one of the most romantic films (in a bizarre way) I've ever seen. The two definitely had a connection. They had more chemistry here than in Speed.

Minus the the mysterious mailbox in the Lake House, this goes to show that whatever you do in the past will reflect on your present which made the movie a little believable.
January 26, 2016
One of the best love stories ever. !!! Not to mention I love Keanu Reeves. Plus Sandra Bullock is a great actress in the movie as well. It's kinda tricky at first. It's one of those movies you gotta see more than once to catch all the references. ???. But I absolute love it, so glad I happened to find the dvd! ???
½ January 15, 2016
I agree there are a lot of plot holes. But when you have a movie so beautiful as this, you don't care about the plot holes. I myself don't watch romantic movies but this, this was special. It made me think of love, it made me feel...
½ November 29, 2015
A bit slow at first, but I got into it. I liked the chemistry between Bullock and Reeves. The suspense kept building. I wasn't sure I was going to like the ending, but I did. A bit of magic and the wistfulness of being able to change a might-have-been to a happy ending. If only one could have second chances like this in real life.