The Last Kiss - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Kiss Reviews

June 27, 2016
I like Zach Braff.  I know some people hate him.  He's handsome and quirky.  Not in The Last Kiss though.  In The Last Kiss he's a huge dick and I think that's good.  He needn't worry about typecasting.  I can't stand Rachel Bilson.  I think she's whorish and obnoxious.  But somehow her character, Kim, manages to entice Zach Braff's Michael enough for him to think about leaving his pregnant girlfriend, Jenna.  In the midst of this drama Jenna's parents are dealing with infidelity and separation, Michael's friend Chris (adorable Casey Affleck) is watching his marriage fall apart and their friend Izzy is stalking his ex he just can't seem to get over.  The sex scenes with Eric Christian Olsen, Kenny are fantastic.  He's just nice to look at.  During his stalking, Izzy pounds on his ex's door pretending to be a neighbor and assaults her lover to get into the bedroom to talk to her.  Izzy also punches the guy on the way out and then goes immediately to Kenny's who is mid coitus.  Kenny answers the door fully nude (and you have to imagine possibly erect), lets Izzy in and immediately goes right back to fucking.  I enjoyed the cameo by Harold Ramis.  Ramis will always be Egon to me but since he's gotten older and gained weight he's not that guy anymore and that's just a mindfuck to me.  Also, the fight scenes (verbal) are amazing.  I've gotten into fights that resemble their words and I have to say that's how people fight.  It's not the sugar coated "I love you lets talk about this" bullshit.  No, it's enraged yelling screaming and maybe even throwing.  Bottom line is I would recommend this movie.
July 19, 2015
definitely a "guy flick"... shows things from four points of view that are all valid
March 21, 2015
good lil rom-com-dram
½ December 22, 2014
Overdramatic, deadbeat romantic flick that actually made me feel like a statue. It was at its best, a cheesy mess with a depressing desire to be thoughtful.
December 3, 2014
It's not as good as Zach Braff's previous offering, but The Last Kiss is a quite and sweet movie. There is plenty of heart here and fine performances that make it enough to like the film. It just won't be one that you'll love.
December 1, 2014
The Last Kiss seems like it will just be your normal romantic film between one couple and their struggles in love. It ends up revolving around multiple couples and their different relationships and how they handle the tough times. Each couple has an interesting story and it plays out rather realistically. The switching between each couple keeps the film interesting and rarely is there ever a boring moment. It was rather plain overall and predictable but at the same time it had some heart, some laughs and was a decent drama/romance that most people should find something in to enjoy.
½ November 13, 2014
A giant wad of angst, The Last Kiss is a heartfelt romantic drama.
November 9, 2014
Drama, Romance, Comedy... no comments
½ August 15, 2014
The Last Kiss does show something that's very true--the Peter Pan complex that most men have. Although the woman in this case does finally take the guy back, personally I think that any guy who would cheat once, will cheat again, so she's in for a lot of heartache. The lyric of the old song keeps coming back to me. "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."
½ July 20, 2014
Frustrating characters, average, and a title that seems oddly irrelevant to the movie itself.
July 18, 2014
It's not the worst movie I've ever seen, but I felt pretty blah about it...
July 16, 2014
I love this movie, because it shows a guy willing to atone for his mistakes and do whatever it takes for the girl he loves. Zach Braff compiled the soundtrack so ofcourse it's good.
June 18, 2014
This movie speaks to honesty. It tilts to a male viewer but there is something here for everyone. I wouldn't change a scene.
May 22, 2014
SO DEPRESSING you might want to cry or punch a wall
April 5, 2014
This movie does a good job of tackling uncertainty in relationships. BUT -- big but -- every single female character in this movie is irrational and ridiculous in conflict. They yell they "go crazy", and they lose their cool or jump for commtment at hte slightest provocation. That is not real. It's a caricature and it's irritating. Couldn't ignore it.
January 22, 2014
It started out rather formulaic but the last third or so really came into its own. I'm surprised at how much I liked it in the end.
December 6, 2013
The film adequately conveys relationship struggles with a strong male point of view. Cool music. Good acting all around except Braff is blah - no depth or screen presence. Blythe Danner is impressive.
November 14, 2013
A nice but unoriginal indie film.
October 7, 2013
The Last Kiss meanders through a depressing minefield of marital and relationship problems with no real point. No character escapes unscathed; some flee, some trudge on, but with each step comes another chance of self-destruction that will likely wipe out everyone that is along for the ride. The problem is that the characters offer no real reason to care whether or not they successfully maneuver the minefield. In fact, the film only seems to try and pack in as many emotional explosions as possible, and that becomes too tiresome a proposition. The Last Kiss is a film likely to speak to viewers on various levels, including acceptance, understanding, nonchalance, or disgust of the themes, the film's impact seemingly tied to one's outlook on the problems the film presents ad nauseam.
October 3, 2013
"What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love, that's what matters. It's the only thing that counts."
"Life is pretty much in the grays for the most part and if you insist always on black and white... you are going to be very unhappy."