Last Shift Reviews

• Apr 07, 2019

It's an interesting film. It's filled with the usual horror movie cliches like lights flickering, doors slamming, and creepy voices, but unlike most supernatural horror pics these days, this one actually uses it effectively. It's not the most original film, this movie reminds me a bit of Sinister (2012), but overall this is a good film for a Friday night scare.

• Nov 16, 2018

I loved this! Jump scares done right, creepy, gave you the twitches! I had a mile long grin on my face the entire film! WISH there were more new, good horrors around like this!

• Oct 30, 2018

I've seen dumpster fires with better stories. This movie is slow and uninteresting relying heavily on the all too common jump scare meta to attempt to distract from the disjointed nonsensical "story". If you have a free hour and a half I would advise watching anything else. Paint and wall and watch it dry.

• Oct 27, 2018

Genuinley creepy movie. Jump scares galore, but they were cleverly placed. Creepy voices and scary faces. The acting was pretty good, but the movie falls short of expectations at the end. But the good looks an acting of (Juliana Harkavy - "The Walking Dead") makes The Last Shift a reasonable watch.

• Oct 25, 2018

Really good acting and haunting scenes. But the movie has one of those stupid abrupt endings, no reason to watch.

• Oct 02, 2018

So I usually don't write a review for movies, but this one was really good. I feel like it's a slow burn and it takes it a minute to really get going, but when it does just be ready. I don't feel like there were a lot of jump scares, if any. And it lends itself to the paranormal quite a bit, but you also get an element of reality from time to time and we all know how scary that can be. Either way, I will not forget this movie ever, I don't think. So good luck!

• Sep 29, 2018

I enjoyed the special effects in this movie, and there were some very tense moments, however I felt it was held back by predictability and formulaic scares. Every scary moment seemed to follow the same formula: our main character sees something mysterious, investigates, something frightening appears, she looks away, and when she looks back it's gone. After a while I felt that it started to get stale, however some of these moments were truly tense. I also don't like to harp too much on horror movie characters acting irrationally, but this was definitely one of those times where you find yourself wondering why she doesn't just leave. The dialogue wasn't the best either, luckily there isn't much of it, but when there is it ends up feeling very cheesy. It's a good movie to watch with friends, but it didn't feel like it had much substance.

• Sep 03, 2018

Decent film. I know it's the story about a rookie cop left alone in a soon to abandon precinct but I kept thing about her protocol errors. Those could've been worked out easily. From the cover you can see it has some pretty scary imagery that work well.

• Jul 31, 2018

Simply put, this film is just a vehicle for jump scares. There are a few lackluster attempts to move the plot forward, but, ultimately, the effectiveness of this horror flick all lies in its imagery, which was definitely spooky. The characters were uninteresting and poorly written, though the cast did a great job working with what they had. Bottom line: Very thin plot, a lot of (attempted) jump scares, really spooky imagery left me feeling meh.

• Jul 17, 2018

Way better than expected. Definitely good for a scare.

Way better than expected. Definitely good for a scare.