Lawrence of Arabia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lawrence of Arabia Reviews

March 30, 2018
The term classic is used a lot, but this movie personifies it. It's true cinematic perfection. I can't decide if it's the first of second greatest movie ever. It's length is pretty intimidating but it's so good that it rarely a factor in your enjoyment of the movie.
March 19, 2018
David Lean's epic biopic of the mysterious T.E. Lawrence is the very definition of perfection. The cinematography is as wondrously breathtaking today as it was then assisted by the film's epic yet haunting score in capturing the dark beauty of the desert . Peter O'Toole delivers a powerhouse performance that lingers with you no matter how much time has passed since your last viewing. This is one of those rare gems that any aspiring filmmaker should see because rarely does anyone achieve a feat like what David Lean had for this production.
½ March 18, 2018
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Lawrence of Arabia es un hito del cine debido a su soberbio trabajo de fotografía y magistral desarrollo de personajes.
March 15, 2018
The difficulty with watching 'Lawrence of Arabia' is that it it hard to view almost any other film afterwards without feeling disappointed. Few films can bear comparison to David Lean's masterpiece. Steven Spielberg called it a 'miracle of a film'. Many highbrow French critics hated the film because Lean's artistic vision was so stunningly realised and yet it was so commercially successful. Noted French critic Andrew Sarris referred to it disdainfully as 'intimidating'. Yes, the film is intimidating to other film makers because Lean raised the bar so high, but it is also inspiring. It is an Art film that appeals to the masses.
'Lawrence of Arabia' is a four hour film that feels too short and it grips the viewer throughout.
What makes Lean's work even more impressive is that he made a populist movie about a man we never get to know. At one point, a soldier, on seeing Lawrence on the other side of the Suez canal, shouts across to him 'Who are you?' Lawrence stares blankly into space because he cannot answer the question. Almost every line of dialogue is dripping with sub-text. Every shot tells a story and every cut moves the story forward. A masterclass in film making.
Brilliant and awe inspiring.
March 13, 2018
this movie IS Peter O'Toole .if it was about any other actor ,the film would not be that great .fellow actors are amazing as well .the pictures ,the music ,and the madness that is T.E Lawrence save the film from being boring .however ,the film is so long ,and after a while ,it becomes denial.
March 11, 2018
I thought this movie would be a masterpiece. It's not.
March 8, 2018
It's setting, acting, direction, and just about everything else is perfect, "Lawrence of Arabia" is a masterpiece epic.
February 11, 2018
Epic. 1001 movies to see before you die.
January 7, 2018
One of a kind. As haunting as it is mesmerizing. A perfect film, and one of my all-time favorites.
January 4, 2018
wind, sand, the sheer genius and madness of trekking across the desert to sack Aqaba is paralleled to the sheer madness to make this film. This is one of a kind. O'Toole shows the brilliance of his acting, unparalleled.
December 25, 2017
can't believe I still haven't seen this
½ December 21, 2017
Epic achievement. Super long, though. But a great character tale.
November 11, 2017
Lawrence of Arabia is one cinematic experience that still holds up well. From the acting to the action to the famous film score, it feels like a epic telling of T.E. Lawrence
November 11, 2017
Very interesting movie, showing the struggles of war and effects it has. A masterpiece of filmmaking.
November 1, 2017
Beautiful images, outstanding cinematography, an epic story, and a legendary film, I have been waiting to see this for years and I am disappointed at myself for not making time to see it sooner. While there are many great films now and the promise of the next great film, any person who loves films and all they have to offer in story, in acting, in imagery, and more need only look back to witness and appreciate Lawrence of Arabia.
October 30, 2017
Maybe the best film ever put onto the screen!
October 7, 2017
Magnificent and captivating landscapes set the tone for this all around action adventure classic!
October 4, 2017
this film is quite simply spellbinding.
September 24, 2017
The ultimate historical drama!
September 15, 2017
This is my favourite film of all time and I think the greatest film ever made. It is majestic, sweeping, epic, and made with a whole lot of feeling. It just doesn't get any better than this.