Left Behind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Left Behind Reviews

November 10, 2018
So Bad it took me 2 sittings to get to the end. One of the worst movies I've seen and i cant believe Nicholas Cage would sign up for this. Rubbish.
½ November 10, 2018
While I do not blame Nicholas Cage, the writers of this film made several mistakes.

1. The movie is boring - the stuff with the rapture happening was only a chapter in the original book. Making the entire movie about the aftermath of those events, while keeping the locations as limited as possible is lazy and I almost fell asleep.

2. No foreshadowing - shortly after the rapture, the main cast is told of what happened and what it means for the future of the world and mankind. In this movie, we get nothing.

3 (and moat important) WHERE IS NICHOLAE CARPATHIA?! - you DO NOT make a Left Behind movie and leave out its central villain! He doesn't even get a mention.

All in all, go watch the original Left Behind movie. Its a far better movie and properly sets up the events of the series of the series to come while showing why Nicholae Carpathia is a great villain.

But do not watch this reboot.
½ October 29, 2018
So, Left Behind assumes that if the rapture were to happen, everybody left behind would just automatically start turning into thieves and have no sense of humanity, elderly people who have a weak state of mind would ALSO be left behind, and even MUSLIMS get left behind???

You do know Christians, Muslims, and even Jews worship the same God, right?

0/10
½ October 17, 2018
A bit silly at certain times. At other times, elements of the plot were dragged out interminably. A hugely cliched ending. Having said that, Cage did pretty well and Cassie Thomson looked like a million bucks. It's always gonna be hard to make a credible movie about the biblical "end of times". I regard this as a half-decent attempt.
½ August 25, 2018
In all respect this was an absoloutely terrible movie, with a weak story and poor actors. The premice for the film could of had so much potential but was pulled off terribly. Nicolas Cage gives a poor performance as usual and the supporting actors don't help AT ALL. The only reason I gave this a one and a half star rating is because the acting was so bad it was downright laughable, which gave the film some sort of entertainment.
July 12, 2018
Good Lord that was terrible flic.
July 12, 2018
Cage makes another rock solid cinematic masterpiece. He is a fine wine coursing through Hollywood's veins. Nick cage stars as a pilot who almost bangs. There's other characters in the movie I think, but it was hard to tell because Cage stole the show.
Fun Movie Fact: Every actor and actress in the movie was paid 400 dollars each.
½ July 6, 2018
Ok, picked up a handful of latest release movies from my local store. Just replaced my front speakers in my home theatre and couldn't wait to get home and watch a movie on the big screen and try out the sound system. Got to admit that I picked up Left Behind because it had Nicholas Cage in it. He never makes a bad movie - right? Wrong!
Now, I live with two women (don't even go there! Ok, at least I wouldn't disappear!) Anyway, it's not often that I get to choose an apocalyptic type movie when the girls are home - or any kind of movie that doesn't have girlie type content in it, for that matter. But Nicholas Cage convinced them. Big mistake.
A few minutes into the movie and I was checking the year of production on the back cover. It had to be 1980. Nope, 2014. It just looked like a 1980 midday matinée. Acting and dialogue were dreadful. It had to get better, right? Nope. I was embarrassed for choosing this movie. The girls fell asleep - thank god - at least I could lie about how good it was (note to self - hide the movie in the bottom of the waste bin). I can't believe this movie was ever made, or why anyone would lend their name to it. It's just that BAD. Worst movie I have watched in many years. Only watched to the end as the girls were asleep in their recliners and I thought it MUST get better. It didn't.
June 25, 2018
Despite the low score, I found this to be a very good movie. I'd definitely watch again.
½ June 4, 2018
One of the worst movie i ever seen, the movie dont explain anything! Suddenly there a woman in the airport talking about end of the world!
½ May 31, 2018
I can't believe I was conned into buying this DVD in a store...the only reason this film got my attention was because of Nicholas Cage...shame on that man for putting his name to this utter garbage!

It's preachy...but not just normal self righteous preachy you get in normal life...it's BADLY WRITTEN preachy.

Bad acting, bad direction, bad script...worst un-special effects I have seen in 20 years....I felt genuinely embarrassed that I had bought this for the family to watch. After 30 mins of laughing at how totally crap and preachy it was the DVD was removed and destroyed so that no other poor soul may accidently see this in our DVD collection.
½ May 27, 2018
The idea of the movie is actually nice, I can tag along with the biblical cause, but my God (pun intended) did they ruin that movie.
½ May 9, 2018
Unfortunately there is no ability to go into negative numbers here. Spend your time on more constructive and interesting things, like watching paint dry. 100 percent of this movie should have been left on the cutting room floor.
½ April 16, 2018
The worst movie I have seen in a long time...
½ April 10, 2018
not even a politely detached, neophytish performance by cage makes it worth your cognizance. 'left behind' is cheap-looking, lugubrious, linear and poorly acted. it divests itself of any intellectual or sublunary quintessence, the scale too small to feint to be about the rapture. ultimately, this obnoxious abuse of photoelectric cells barely registers as a film. save your souls and eschew this mess.
½ March 29, 2018
This film is so so bad; poor script, poor acting and absolutely no character development. This is without doubt the worst film I've seen in a long time. What is mr. Cage thinking!!!
March 28, 2018
I watched this because it had Nicholas Cage in to and therefore I assumed it would be good. And do you know what??? It was. I really enjoyed the concept and the acting. I didn't like the little guy on the plane, his character was an idiot. But on the whole, it wasn't an Oscar winner but it was good evening watching. Am interested to see if they carry on the story ????????
½ March 24, 2018
Please watch the original film, not this garbage.
½ March 1, 2018
Even fast forwarding through the painfully bad bits didn't save this film.
½ February 25, 2018
Fortunately not all of the time spent watching this film was wasted as I fell asleep for most of it.