Left Behind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Left Behind Reviews

½ January 20, 2019
If Nicolas Cage is not Evangelical, he must have gotten a lot of money for this horrendous film. Only evangelicals love to think the end of the world is going to happen on their lifetime. This movie was really really bad. This was more like a "conversion therapy" type of movie. I can see pastors promoting this movie from their pulpits, trying get their followers more scared (and excited) about the end of the world, crazy people...
January 20, 2019
May have received an approval from the source material‚(TM)s authors towards the rapture‚(TM)s beginning of an end, what makes it a debatable worthwhile watch is the overwhelming con leaning towards the seemingly religious parody over the devastating hysteria and counter arguments that may be offensive with not much further contexts while the appeals can be sought in the manageably effective sympathetic direction and decent pointers in few performances. (C+)
½ January 19, 2019
1/2 of a star is too much!!!!!
This movie is soo bad that is bad...
I simply dont understand!!! I signed up here just to rate this movie!!! Simply bad!!!!
½ January 14, 2019
This is one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of watching. I would put this movie down there with the likes of Sharknado. I mean, clothes falling from mid-air, a woman with a gun on a plane, and two people on the same flight to London who have met before? Let's be real. No one wants a sequel. Make it stop.
½ January 13, 2019
God give me those 2 hours of my life back. What the hell did I just watch? Terrible oh so terrible plot and acting. Don't waste your time watching this. Hopefully unlike me you are reading reviews before you watch a film. One of the worst films I have ever watched.
January 8, 2019
So I think critics and audiences alike are missing the fact that this movie is supposed to have a biblical and Christian tone. It gives a fresher take onto the original book series, but it should‚(TM)ve stayed along the lines of the original source material. They tried to make their own story line and it didn‚(TM)t really work. Not to mention most of the acting was bland. Nicholas Cage does an amazing job as Rayford Steele, and keeps the same attitude portrayed in the books. Can‚(TM)t complain about no true ending to the movie because the series spans a full 7 years and 12 books in the original series, not to mention the prequel series.
½ January 5, 2019
I can't believe I watched this entire movie. I'm not sure what was worse, the storyline, the script, the acting it was all so awful.
½ January 4, 2019
hard to understand if you don't read the bible
½ January 3, 2019
Too bad I can't give it a negative rating...this was the worst movie ever. The only thing that would save it would be a tongue-in-cheek parody. I can't believe they wasted valuable time on a stinker like this. Even the bible thumpers thinks it is ridiculous. Bad acting, poor writing, one dimensional charachters, there is no excuse for this weak attempt at the art of film. People are getting tired of being preached to. Cage was meant to be a headliner but all he did was make this a head scratcher. Sorry, but any talented technical people associated with this need to rethink their choice of project. Yes, I know there are talented people in their somewhere, because aside from the poor choice of subject and lousy writing, there was some element professional film making going on. The trailer was deceiving, and contained all the decent parts, enough to hook you into thinking it was going to be a great Nick Cage Action film. And about Cage, I lost interest in him when I saw the very end of ConAir, the little "family reunion" scene was so cringe-worthy, I actually did cry tears of astonishment that they kept THAT scene in there. Apologies to any professionals who worked on this film, sometimes you get so close to a thing, you can't see it for what it is.
December 22, 2018
Three words: WORST MOVIE 2014
½ December 19, 2018
Skyfairy propaganda disguised as a mystery. Truly truly appalling, although I presume it would appeal to the extreme right wing evangelists. or the truly deluded
Avoid at all cost, it really is utter garbage, and you will have enough in the first 20 minutes..embarrassing!
November 10, 2018
So Bad it took me 2 sittings to get to the end. One of the worst movies I've seen and i cant believe Nicholas Cage would sign up for this. Rubbish.
½ November 10, 2018
While I do not blame Nicholas Cage, the writers of this film made several mistakes.

1. The movie is boring - the stuff with the rapture happening was only a chapter in the original book. Making the entire movie about the aftermath of those events, while keeping the locations as limited as possible is lazy and I almost fell asleep.

2. No foreshadowing - shortly after the rapture, the main cast is told of what happened and what it means for the future of the world and mankind. In this movie, we get nothing.

3 (and moat important) WHERE IS NICHOLAE CARPATHIA?! - you DO NOT make a Left Behind movie and leave out its central villain! He doesn't even get a mention.

All in all, go watch the original Left Behind movie. Its a far better movie and properly sets up the events of the series of the series to come while showing why Nicholae Carpathia is a great villain.

But do not watch this reboot.
½ October 29, 2018
So, Left Behind assumes that if the rapture were to happen, everybody left behind would just automatically start turning into thieves and have no sense of humanity, elderly people who have a weak state of mind would ALSO be left behind, and even MUSLIMS get left behind???

You do know Christians, Muslims, and even Jews worship the same God, right?

0/10
½ October 17, 2018
A bit silly at certain times. At other times, elements of the plot were dragged out interminably. A hugely cliched ending. Having said that, Cage did pretty well and Cassie Thomson looked like a million bucks. It's always gonna be hard to make a credible movie about the biblical "end of times". I regard this as a half-decent attempt.
½ August 25, 2018
In all respect this was an absoloutely terrible movie, with a weak story and poor actors. The premice for the film could of had so much potential but was pulled off terribly. Nicolas Cage gives a poor performance as usual and the supporting actors don't help AT ALL. The only reason I gave this a one and a half star rating is because the acting was so bad it was downright laughable, which gave the film some sort of entertainment.
July 12, 2018
Good Lord that was terrible flic.
July 12, 2018
Cage makes another rock solid cinematic masterpiece. He is a fine wine coursing through Hollywood's veins. Nick cage stars as a pilot who almost bangs. There's other characters in the movie I think, but it was hard to tell because Cage stole the show.
Fun Movie Fact: Every actor and actress in the movie was paid 400 dollars each.
½ July 6, 2018
Ok, picked up a handful of latest release movies from my local store. Just replaced my front speakers in my home theatre and couldn't wait to get home and watch a movie on the big screen and try out the sound system. Got to admit that I picked up Left Behind because it had Nicholas Cage in it. He never makes a bad movie - right? Wrong!
Now, I live with two women (don't even go there! Ok, at least I wouldn't disappear!) Anyway, it's not often that I get to choose an apocalyptic type movie when the girls are home - or any kind of movie that doesn't have girlie type content in it, for that matter. But Nicholas Cage convinced them. Big mistake.
A few minutes into the movie and I was checking the year of production on the back cover. It had to be 1980. Nope, 2014. It just looked like a 1980 midday matinťe. Acting and dialogue were dreadful. It had to get better, right? Nope. I was embarrassed for choosing this movie. The girls fell asleep - thank god - at least I could lie about how good it was (note to self - hide the movie in the bottom of the waste bin). I can't believe this movie was ever made, or why anyone would lend their name to it. It's just that BAD. Worst movie I have watched in many years. Only watched to the end as the girls were asleep in their recliners and I thought it MUST get better. It didn't.
June 25, 2018
Despite the low score, I found this to be a very good movie. I'd definitely watch again.