Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events Reviews

May 16, 2017
Random, Whacky, and a lot of fun!!!
May 7, 2017
With great performances all round (especially by Jim Carrey) by a solid cast this dark comedy also has brilliant production, a witty and emotionally weighty script, fantastic score and some solid action this is once again a great start to a series that never was.
April 25, 2017
A Series of Unfortunate Events tries to fit three books into its less-than-two-hour run time, and it loses a lot of its source material and feels rushed as a result, but the visuals, music, and Jim Carrey's performance make it entertaining.
March 9, 2017
i thought this was a pretty good movie
February 25, 2017
I love the movie. First time I saw it was when I was 11, now I'm 17 and I completely loved it.
February 5, 2017
A fun if uneven adaptation of its source material.
February 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 2, 2017
It does have some bizzare moments, but it makes an entertaining and interesting movie with Jim Carrey.
½ January 28, 2017
Exceedingly good, considering it only uses the first 3 books. The child acting is on point, if lacking a bit on character building. Jude Law lends his voice as Lemony Snicket and it works wonders. Jim Carrey, although mainly comedic, can be scary when needed. Billy Connolly and Meryl Streep are great choices.
January 26, 2017
One of my favorite TV shows! Creative, funny, dark, mysterious, suspenseful, aggravating... everything this show needs!
½ January 20, 2017
Despite its weak script, Lemony Snicket is a movie that can offer to us excellent Jim Carrey's performances and a brilliant, magical and in the same time dark environment bringing to us a special and entertaining story.
½ January 19, 2017
If the film wasn't based a on series of books, it would have been better. But the only saving grace of the movie is Jim Carrey having fun with his character. C-
½ January 18, 2017
Took the stories, and ruined the plot horribly! They stayed true to the books in only some regards, and I am embarassed to say that it represented Lemony Snicket's wonderful books.
½ January 17, 2017
so predictable it gets tediously boring pretty fast
½ January 16, 2017
This is possibly the weirdest thing I've ever seen
January 15, 2017
The terrific performance from Jim Carey and wonderful visuals are a great reason to love this movie. I wish it could've continued into a franchise, but hopefully the Netflix series with Neil Patrick Harris will be just as fun as this film.
January 14, 2017
Definitely one of the best family-comedy/kids movies i've seen in a long time. This movie will lift the spirit of young children's minds. It also shows them the act of crime, love, loss, and tribute. And evil of course.
½ January 8, 2017
Although I had better time imagining how dark and unpredictable the books were in my mind, seeing that it's so dark you can't imagine it as rated PG, but Jim Carrey proves to be an excellent Count Olaf who nailed it just like Heath Ledger did for Nolan's Joker.
½ December 31, 2016
A perfectly fine movie with some flaws.
December 26, 2016
With Jim Carrey shining in the role of Count Olaf and some great performances from its stars including its gifted young stars as well as some stunning visuals, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events is an enjoyable treat for those looking for a film with a darker tone than your regular kid's movie even if it doesn't quite live up to its true potential.