Les Misérables - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Les Misérables Reviews

April 29, 2017
bloated but still good
April 28, 2017
They butchered one of my favorite books of all time, and one of the greatest stories of all time. Just because you sing your lines, does not mean it is a song. I was so very excited for this modern version... only to wish it had never been happened....
April 10, 2017
Variety Film Critic Jay Sherman Called This Film His Tenth Best Film Of 2012 On His Top Ten Best Of 2012 List.
½ March 31, 2017
If someone didn't like this movie at all I would totally understand, though I enjoyed this movie overall. If your a fan of the musical, I think this is worth checking out.
March 29, 2017
This was such a big disappointment, I love musicals but i have to admit i prefer them with at least a little bit of talking. This was just constant singing for nearly three hours and i left the cinema with a banging headache. It made me cry a LOT! i did expect this from such a sad story so i guess in that sense it did its job. I personally felt the film had no consistency and every thing had went into making the big numbers amazing (which they are) but the story lags in so many places that i was left bored for the majority of the film. Anne Hathaway, Samantha Barks and Russell Crowe were amazing, but everyone else is just annoying or becomes annoying.
March 18, 2017
Every word spoken/sang, overflowing with emotions. The movie touched my very soul. half a star taken away because of moments that take too long. I would watch this again but I would want to watch it again on a big screen still.
March 4, 2017
Beautiful. Brilliant cast. Eddie Redmayne's 'Empty Chairs at Empty Tables' a moving highlight for me.
March 3, 2017
After "The theory of everything" I now know why Eddie Redmayne!
February 19, 2017
By far the best musical I've ever seen in my life ...........
February 11, 2017
Never get sick of watching this
February 5, 2017
Absolutely loved this movie, the more times I revisit it and watch it the more I appreciate it.
February 1, 2017
Not the best film if you do not like a good and long musical
January 25, 2017
This is my favorite movie ever. Yes, it has flaws. Yes, Hugh Jackman isn't the best(I liked Russell Crowe in this. Sue me.). Yes, the close-ups are ridiculous. But, man, do I love it.
½ January 2, 2017
Ehhh. It has its moments but it doesn't have a good story and some of the actors should not be singing (and it's not just Russel Crowe). Would have been better to give the hobbit treatment, the movie should have been split into in a minimum of 2-3 movies.
January 2, 2017
Uma obra prima! Ela te dá uma emoção! Te coloca na situação catando com os revolucionários! Os atores te fazem chorar exemplo: Hugh Jackman, Anne H. E Eddie Redmaney. Maravilhoso, ele te carrega do início ao fim.
January 2, 2017
A towering landmark of a film that is one of my favorite movies of all time without question. Tom Hooper is a gentle master with a distinct cinematic voice that, in my opinion, deserves to be recognized with the likes of other British masters like Ken Loach and Mike Leigh.
½ December 28, 2016
a remarkable adaptation of the musical
December 7, 2016
its a great musical with an amazing cast and update it brilliant for a musical of this west end play
December 5, 2016
It's scale and epic is impressive but it's length and flat songs make it tough to not fast forward some of.
½ November 30, 2016
Okay, don't expect West-End-quality singing, but I think the acting and cinematography do justice to the full spectrum of emotions spanned by this beloved story. I was pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous singing of Marius, Eponine, Gavroche, and Anne Hathaway was mesmerising. I forgot how much I loved Les Miserables so this gets an extra star for bringing it back to me. Keep a tall glass of water nearby, you'll need it to replenish what you lose in tears and joy.