Les Misérables - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Les Misérables Reviews

February 19, 2017
By far the best musical I've ever seen in my life ...........
February 11, 2017
Never get sick of watching this
February 5, 2017
Absolutely loved this movie, the more times I revisit it and watch it the more I appreciate it.
February 1, 2017
Not the best film if you do not like a good and long musical
January 25, 2017
This is my favorite movie ever. Yes, it has flaws. Yes, Hugh Jackman isn't the best(I liked Russell Crowe in this. Sue me.). Yes, the close-ups are ridiculous. But, man, do I love it.
½ January 2, 2017
Ehhh. It has its moments but it doesn't have a good story and some of the actors should not be singing (and it's not just Russel Crowe). Would have been better to give the hobbit treatment, the movie should have been split into in a minimum of 2-3 movies.
January 2, 2017
Uma obra prima! Ela te dá uma emoção! Te coloca na situação catando com os revolucionários! Os atores te fazem chorar exemplo: Hugh Jackman, Anne H. E Eddie Redmaney. Maravilhoso, ele te carrega do início ao fim.
January 2, 2017
A towering landmark of a film that is one of my favorite movies of all time without question. Tom Hooper is a gentle master with a distinct cinematic voice that, in my opinion, deserves to be recognized with the likes of other British masters like Ken Loach and Mike Leigh.
½ December 28, 2016
a remarkable adaptation of the musical
December 7, 2016
its a great musical with an amazing cast and update it brilliant for a musical of this west end play
December 5, 2016
It's scale and epic is impressive but it's length and flat songs make it tough to not fast forward some of.
½ November 30, 2016
Okay, don't expect West-End-quality singing, but I think the acting and cinematography do justice to the full spectrum of emotions spanned by this beloved story. I was pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous singing of Marius, Eponine, Gavroche, and Anne Hathaway was mesmerising. I forgot how much I loved Les Miserables so this gets an extra star for bringing it back to me. Keep a tall glass of water nearby, you'll need it to replenish what you lose in tears and joy.
November 27, 2016
I have never cried so much for a movie.
I feel as though you needed to read the book to have full appreciation of it.
November 19, 2016
Didn't know most of these actors had such strong singing chops. Thought it would have a sad ending, but was pleasantly surprised.
October 27, 2016
This Les Misérables musical is tolerable at best. It barely held my attention, and for over two and a half hours, I often found myself thinking that someone dared the director to make an entire film a musical featuring actors who could kind of hold a note. I gave this film 2 stars for Eddie Redmayne's performance.
October 19, 2016
un musical in care cadrele sunt aproape de personaje, confera o atmosfera de teatru. am vazut primele 40 de min.
½ October 12, 2016
This is the most annoying, & downright worst movie musical I've ever seen.(so far)
October 9, 2016
Have seen the stage version 12 times and think the movie version is a fabulous adaption of the story. Top marks to Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway for their outstanding performances.Did,nt think much of Russell Crowe as Javert his voice was,nt strong enough for the role.
September 28, 2016
To be honest, I'm not into musicals much, but I still enjoyed it because the actors and the story were great... :)
½ September 26, 2016
This movie is an abomination to the genius Broadway musical it is based on. While Anne Hathaway and Aaron Tviet have Outstanding performances, most of the other cast butchered the beautiful writing. Amanda Seyfried tries to sing too high and sounds like a bootleg Disney Snow White, Russel Crowe lacks the range and Vocal Chops to play Javert, and don't even get me started on Eddie. Overall it is gimmicky and discracful.