Life of Pi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life of Pi Reviews

½ October 23, 2016
The story is amazing and hearthwarming. But despite that, Life of Pi still has pretty funny moments of comic relief.
October 17, 2016
Life of Pi is probably the most beautiful movie to date. Ang Lee created a true masterpiece.
October 15, 2016
Finally got around to watching Life of Pi. Watched it with the family and talked about the meaning and everybody enjoyed it, my wife and I as well as our 15, 13 and & year-olds. Outstanding production and performances. Great story and message. Highly recommend it.
September 25, 2016
Great visuals and story full of emotion and character , one of my favorite movies
September 20, 2016
Life of Pi is an extraordinary 3D adventure. It's a movie that i will forever remember. With it's astonishing visual effects, showing what it means to be human, and it's remarkable story between these two characters, Life of Pi is unquestionably good.
½ September 17, 2016
Which was the real story? ??
½ September 11, 2016
Very thoughtful, meaningful and usage of plenty of metaphors. Great filming techniques and intriguing story plot. Great movie overall !!
September 4, 2016
So boring and self indulgent. I just hated it
½ September 3, 2016
Wow - quite an eyeful of color and fantasy.
August 29, 2016
I have seen this twice. The first time I marvelled at the CGI in 3D. The second time I took in more of the story and the light hearted moments. Beautifully made.
August 26, 2016
A film to be remembered forever.
August 23, 2016
Life Of Pi suffers from a slow pace and some symbolism that will be difficult for viewers to understand right away, but it boasts some of the most stunning visuals ever filmed and by far the most wondrous imagery.
½ August 19, 2016
it dragged on. so fucking boring
½ August 16, 2016
Seen twice now ...still a masterpiece , great to watch ! And the extra's on the dvd shows how many work was put in this ...SOMDVD
½ August 13, 2016
Very well done. Amazing story and visuals.
August 9, 2016
I loved this movie and I am typically a man who loves only comedies. I tend to shy from movies that "make me feel too much", and this movie did just that. But it was wonderful and the message was beautiful.

In terms of re-watchability, I won't watch it again and again, but ever so often when I want to feel emotions. Perhaps that is because the characters and the impact stays with you for so long. This movie hit me harder than most others and I believe it was because it was done SO WELL. I fully recommend it. It's more than a movie, I'd say. It is an experience. But, yes, you will feel things that ordinarily you avoid feeling.
August 5, 2016
Life of Pi is truly the best film of 2012!!!
August 5, 2016
Another adaptation I enjoyed. Life of Pi has always been one of my favorite books, and I was skeptical going in to see this film, but was pleasantly surprised. The film packs the emotional punch of the book and the digital effects were good.
½ August 4, 2016
Improbable storyline, obviously fake sky and sea and a storyline that is just plain dull. Without 3D it would be even more uninteresting.
August 2, 2016
I had been avoiding this movie for a few years... lack of interest. I thoroughly enjoyed it. From the soothing Indian accent narration to the fabulous storytelling, to the impressive visuals. Well done.