Life of Pi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life of Pi Reviews

February 20, 2017
Lee's beautiful craftsmanship makes The Life of Pi flow an effortless watch, despite its complex and surreal base material. Much has been made of the unfilmable premise, the raft of special effects needed, but at its heart is a simple survival tale told with originality, confidence and played with sincerity. CGI tigers and carnivorous islands make it all the more fun and eye catching, but Lee's emotional connection - the empathy of loss and the drive to survive - it's what really makes The Life of Pi a fulfilling and memorable journey.
February 18, 2017
It may be good for syncretists or new age followers, but not for me. The 2 stars are for the visual experience
½ February 13, 2017
One of my favourite films of all time.
February 12, 2017
Damn I wish it had been true.
February 11, 2017
"Life of Pi" is worth watching because it is very entertaining. Although the film simply wants to impress you with the as-low-the-sleeve that comes out at the end, the effects are incomparable and the story never bores you, since it manages to consolidate the attention of every person who watches it, being a drama that is thought-provoking and emotionally strong, resulting as a flawless experience of beautiful and ambitious cinematography. 81/100
½ January 31, 2017
A visual and technological masterpiece. Simply stunning. The story keeps you enthralled throughout and the ending provides an unexpected twist. You walk away from this movie thinking about it for days.
January 29, 2017
This is the story of Pi, a late teen from India, who is the only human survivor of a shipwreck of the Japanese vessel that was carrying his family and their zoo animals to Canada. The story is full of harrowing moments both during the storm that sinks the ship as well as after when Pi is joined on the lifeboat by an adult Bengal tiger and other animals. Fanciful and beautifully shot, this is now my favorite Ang Lee movie.
January 29, 2017
Life of pi is a really good movie, it's got good characters, a good story, and well made, and is perfect in 3D, 8/10
½ January 16, 2017
Ang Lee reaches an amazing visual and technical achievement. I had heard so much hype to this film so I was expecting amazing and was a little bit let down, but don't let that stop you because it is still a really good movie. It truly is a gorgeous movie with great characters like Richard Parker. It is an emotionally rewarding watch.
January 12, 2017
Touching story. Never been disappointed by Ang Lee.
January 4, 2017
Really good movie!! The S/FX were incredible and the story was well done.
½ December 30, 2016
While this movie offers awesome scenery, an original idea, and lots of epic moments, at times it can be preachy. The whole religion side to it brings back bad memories of religious propaganda movies. Also, the ending is ridiculous. The guy is too well adjusted and too cartoonish a caracter as an adult. Where did the fascinating teenage Pi go?
December 11, 2016
its Simply beautiful.... at the Same time there is a lot to take in from it... thank you for making such a wonderful movie.
December 9, 2016
Seen this movie on Netflix 1 time. Loved it so much. Bought it on Blu-ray tonight at Best Buy. I looked ALL OVER the city for this movie, and Best Buy was the last placed I looked. I asked 1 of the employ's at Best Buy and and he found it for me. My eyes were in tears when he handed it to me. He was pretty cute too.
½ November 18, 2016
Good movie. Only started getting good when the titanic moment happened. I laughed and cried. worth a watch. stick with it, it improves
½ October 25, 2016
Beautiful cinematography, Lovely story, Emotion rich, And overall beautiful.
though i felt it lacked true compassion.
October 24, 2016
To be honest, this movie turned out to be much better than I expected... Looks like it's one of those movies that stay with me long after I've seen them...
½ October 23, 2016
The story is amazing and hearthwarming. But despite that, Life of Pi still has pretty funny moments of comic relief.
October 17, 2016
Life of Pi is probably the most beautiful movie to date. Ang Lee created a true masterpiece.
October 15, 2016
Finally got around to watching Life of Pi. Watched it with the family and talked about the meaning and everybody enjoyed it, my wife and I as well as our 15, 13 and & year-olds. Outstanding production and performances. Great story and message. Highly recommend it.