Life of Pi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life of Pi Reviews

June 8, 2018
WOW! a fascinating and moving movie!
You have to watch this!
May 27, 2018
One of the most stunningly beautiful films I've ever had the pleasure of seeing.
½ May 25, 2018
To produce a coherent film from Martel's tricky novel would be achievement enough, but Ang Lee has extracted something beautiful, wise and, at times, miraculous. Is it real? Is this whole story real? I refuse to ask that question. Life of Pi is all real, second by second and minute by minute, and what it finally amounts to is left for every viewer to decide. I have decided it is one of the best films of the year. A riot of saturated colour and delirious imagination, Ang Lee's adap radiates spirituality. But it's also a simple, thrilling and gently uplifting tale of a boy, a boat and a tiger. Take the plunge. Pi is a giant leap forward, outward and upward in expanding the resources of the evolving medium of movies. Magical realism was rarely so magical and never before so real. The larger messages about spirituality often seem forced, and it's more compelling to focus on Lee's visceral cinematic experience than on the larger, fuzzier messages Martel's story conveys about humanity's connection with God. Life of Pi, at its best, celebrates the idiosyncratic wonders and dangers of raw, ravaging nature, and Lee wrings more than enough meaning from the excitement of that spectacle; we need nothing higher.

VERDICT: "High-Quality Stuff" - [Positive Reaction] This is a rating to a movie I view as very entertaining and well made, and definitely worth paying the full price at a theatre to see or own on DVD. It is not perfect, but it is definitely excellent. (Films that are rated 3.5 or 4 stars)
May 22, 2018
Rarely do great books get made into great films but Ang Lee nailed it with this one. The story is completely original with engaging characters and intense scenes of survival. Plus it's all about animals. It's nice to see them get the spotlight for a change
May 17, 2018
Life of Pi is the most beautiful movie I've seen, from the graphics to the message behind the plot...It is stunning in its own way, and the plot twist is one of the best I've seen.
½ April 14, 2018
more than a visually stunning experience, 'life of pi' blends the broad themes of reality, religion and life; although it has little heart in all the spiritual rhetoric.
March 21, 2018
Life of Pi is a terrific film. The story itself is beautiful and emotionally involving, but what sticks out the most is the amazing visuals and great cinematography. The writing for the film is fantastic as well. Life of Pi is a film that you will never forget.
February 9, 2018
This was... interesting...
January 30, 2018
There are some spectacular 3D scenes in this movie. But some average acting and unbelievable scenes combined to make this less inspiring than expected. AAN GGN AFI 1001
January 27, 2018
One of the most beautiful film I've ever seen, absolute masterpiece
½ January 8, 2018
Most of the times I don't watch the movie because I don't want to spoil the book. This time I am SO happy I didn't spoil the movie! Great film and experience! (and I am sure the book is great too)
January 7, 2018
Never in my life a movie abouth faith and religion made me so interested and invested in the protagonist's story of struggle and fight for survival. "Life of Pi" is certainly one of the best movies ever made, It's a beautiful, amazing and simultaneasly terrifying existencial story of one of the best characters of this decade - Pi. It's very difficult to explain why this movie is so damn good using just words, people have to watch it for themselves. Ang Lee is a masterclass directors and only he could tell this story so magnificently.
½ December 21, 2017
i think the visuals was what really sold this film for me. the story was good but the ending was kind of a let down
December 21, 2017
If you're the sort of viewer who is amazed by special effects and CGI then this is the film for you. If like me, you're actually a grown up you'll be willing this snooze-fest to end. Is it a story? Is it a fable? Do I care?
December 19, 2017
What a wonderful film
½ December 18, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Un proyecto sin duda innovador y complaciente al disfrute del espectador, cuenta con actuaciones no del todo convincentes y un final no muy impactante.
December 17, 2017
Really LOVED this movie. Different. Deep. Re-watchable.
½ November 30, 2017
The worst movie I have ever seen, would not waite for it to appear in \Walmarts buck bin of movies
November 11, 2017
amazing breathtaking pictures, emotional, beautiful, good plot, well-done
October 29, 2017
It's amazingly beautiful, inside and out.