Life of Pi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Life of Pi Reviews

July 17, 2016
Rarely do movies deserve all of the Oscars that this one so rightfully snatched up.
July 16, 2016
Love the visuals love the characters and love the environment.
½ July 11, 2016
The visual effects are out of this world, the cinematography is amazing, and the entire movie is emotional and well made. Life of Pi is a masterpiece, it's 2001: A Space Odyssey on water, and it's also twenty times better than 2001. Life of Pi is a masterpiece.
½ July 9, 2016
Terrible terrible movie.
July 9, 2016
The unheralded visual effects more than compensate for a story that is, at times, a little slow
July 8, 2016
I wanted to love this film. But after watching it - it's just a strong like. Why? The compelling story is there. The exceptional actors are in place. The cinematographer and photographer are perfect. But by the end of the story, I felt empty. In fact, the feeling left the film in the first 30 minutes...Leaving a beautiful and interesting film that was unfullfilling.
½ July 5, 2016
I hated this movie, and I like movies!!! Crap movie! So bad I don't even need to explain.
June 23, 2016
brilliant cinematography great performances and a twist of an ending
June 14, 2016
An ethereal movie with an unforgettable plot. It takes you from the bewildering depth of human psychology to the unworldly energy of a Godly being. It brings about a sense of realization in the sophisticated mind of the viewer. For those who haven't seen it yet, it will thrill you!
June 9, 2016
Never read the book. Honestly, I was going to give up on this movie at the beginning...only forced myself to continue and kept wondering what is so good about this film. Everything about the plot got better after the shipwreck, thanks to the tiger. The tiger is one of my two reasons for watching this film. The other one is definitely the cinematography. It's a gorgeous piece of art.
June 4, 2016
why ANG LEE is not the first one on any his movies' cast list and there is not even "DIRECTOR"?
June 3, 2016
Life of Pi is one of very few films that showcases the true art of storytelling. This is the type of film that no matter how many time you watch it, you know its something special. I also recommend viewing the film in a 3D format to enhance the visual experience that Life of Pi delivers. From beginning to end, Life of Pi is nothing less than outstanding.
½ May 31, 2016
A well told story with loads of engaging imagery. Although the CGI is all top notch and visually beautiful, I can't help noticing the animal animations aren't perfect.
May 26, 2016
Life of Pi is probably the most beautiful movie to date. Ang Lee created a true masterpiece.
½ May 24, 2016
The ending of the film made all the difference for me. It made me reflect on what I had just seen beyond the special effects and past the easy comparisons to CASTAWAY. Really, it was the difference between 2 and 3.5 stars.
May 9, 2016
?? ?????? ?????? ????? ??? ????
½ April 28, 2016
Interesting visuals, but an uninteresting story
April 28, 2016
A complete visual masterpiece
April 19, 2016
Very good, I thought this film would be boring and dull, it wasn't full of down to earth suspense and very good one man show acting, this film shows the greatest in films and the beauty I can be. Very beautifully done and suprising, this film is not dull or boring but imaginative and has a very good story to it that is very enjoyable to witness.
Beautiful and with a good meaning of if you want to save yourself with limited things and animals, you can achieve what you want with the littlest of things.
Amazing work and touching story.