Light It Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Light It Up Reviews

½ August 11, 2014
terrible script for a workable premise, it's over-thinking and bad acting that sinks this Titanic full of high-voltage names..
August 4, 2014
This movie is inspiring and it captures the true essence of friendship.
½ September 19, 2013
"Usher" Raymond what a joke.
July 5, 2013
Very suspenseful, however, this movie was awful! It kind of makes the precedent that if you don't get what you want you can break the law (i.e. hold someone hostage as they did in the movie). This would have been much more touching if it had a better story line.
February 22, 2013
I wish I can see the full movie on YouTube and on Facebook Right Now!!!!
January 26, 2013
It seems like a very goodbmovie.
½ March 3, 2012
Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"...isn't so much a bad movie as an unfinished movie"

These are the best words to describe such movie
January 9, 2012
Good plot, bunch of youngs stars, and emotional ending.
January 8, 2012
this was such a moving movies.the cast was so good.
July 14, 2011
Even thought very cliched I thought this movie was surprisingly great. It featured believable performances and it kept me wanting to see what was going to happen throughout. Also I think Robert Ri'chard gives a breakthrough performance here.
May 14, 2011
This movie is amazing. It's the type of movie that makes you think about society, about how people act and who they are. I recommend that people watch this.
½ December 26, 2010
interesting cast is set to an overwhelmingly "forced" screenplay. you could see what they were trying to do, but the film trips over its own sermon. oppositely, its wishful thinking compels.
April 6, 2010
Light It Up is not one of the greatest films. The script is hardly original. The cast did what they could with the script. The direction of the film sucked. I would not recommend this movie.
March 21, 2010
it is a great movie =}
February 18, 2010
This is a solid drama about a group of inner city youths who want something more from the school and the system that runs it. The movie has a decent young cast in this. I was even impressed with the acting from Usher. Not the best but solid enough for me. The movie also has some good veteran actors in supporting roles like Forest Whitaker, Judd Nelson and Vanessa Williams. The story is interesting and the characters as well. I enjoyed it. Worth at least a one time watch. If you like movies such as Dangerous Minds or Stand and Deliver then check this one out.
January 26, 2010
Usher's "acting" ruined the whole thing for me
½ January 26, 2010
The only movie that made me cry, really good drama film and very good acting. 9.3/10
½ January 21, 2010
thiz movie iz awesome
January 2, 2010
This is a movie that shows people fighting for a cause they believe in and I can respect that so I give it a three.
December 16, 2009