Locke - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Locke Reviews

May 18, 2018
Can't download itunes because I don't have a mac!
½ May 18, 2018
Was fooled into watching because of a high rating, incredibly boring, I don't care for someones boring phone conversations
½ May 1, 2018
like father, like son..

Locke

The accuracy, morality and the strong will power that is implanted in the protagonist made it essential for it to converse alone to its shrink which is brought into limelight through its complex issues with his journey. Stephen Knight; the writer-director, focuses on building up the character's perspective to a point where every fictional theory justifies its rational or irrational decision. The execution is quite smart especially when it had to fill those little gaps between the calls, that helps the audience breathe and account in, the emotion and the thought processing questions raised in here. Tom Hardy is stunning in here mainly because the equation projected with each individual characters is never piled up in here, by his performance even though this chaotic night has a strong effective impact on him (his character shows the affection of the writer towards it). Locke is a rare cinematic feature, that resembles a lot with an old classic theatrical play, as its originality and soul not only touches the audience but communicates easily with them.
½ April 14, 2018
This one-man show functions brilliantly as a character study, but even then it overstays its welcome.
March 26, 2018
Tom Hardy does an amazing job of bringing us through some moving changes as the story progresses. A cool tip I'd recommend is to watch this in a car at night, on a road trip perhaps. Being in a car at night has a certain solidarity that is very personal, and you can feel how powerless he feels at certain moments throughout the movie. All in all a solid time.
½ March 13, 2018
My drive around the m25 in rush our Is morE interesting than this film.
February 27, 2018
I am surely no fan of monologues, what this movie mainly is, but Tom Hardy lives this character in personal distress to the purest and finest of any actor's ability. I'd say it is one of his best performances ever (next to the one in "Child 44"). A big Thumbs up.
January 30, 2018
A TV soap condensed into 85 minutes. Good acting from Tom Hardy. Great dialogues.
January 2, 2018
Tom Hardy delivers what might be the best performance of his career in this powerful and emotional drama. It's a one man show, but Hardy and Steven Knight manage to truly make it work.
December 14, 2017
Just my personal opinion..
½ December 9, 2017
One would think you couldn't possibly enjoy or pay attention to a movie filmed in a car throughout its entirety. Well the acting of hardy along with turmoil of life he faces does it. Only film i was expecting some flash backs or bit of backstory. Would of been brillant of that 20 to 30 minutes would be added on.
October 9, 2017
Powerfully written and Tom Hardy continues to showcase his understated acting skill with yet another tremendously crafted performance under his wing.
September 26, 2017
'Locke' is a good movie. It looks boring, but it's definitely not. The dialogues are good and Tom Hardy's acting is superb (like always). You can really live with the character. 85 minutes is a good running time that makes sure that the movie doesn't gets boring. And the message of this movie is clear and quite important. Because yes, one decision does changes your whole life and 'Locke' is a perfect example of that. The only minuspoint is that it isn't a rewatchable movie since it's plot is clear after watching it for the first time. However it is still a very good movie and I really suggest everyone to watch it.
September 7, 2017
Hardy dazzles yet again with another captivating performance that keeps the audience roped in well. The film drags at times due to its setting but kept me nervous due to the well designed conversations between characters
September 6, 2017
Tom Hardy hits this one out of the park. If someone told me to watch a film with a guy driving and talking on the phone, I'd probably give it a miss, so glad that I didn't. Excellent movie
½ August 28, 2017
Veala hoy , agradeceme maņana XD
August 19, 2017
When the entire film consists of a man sitting in his car and talking to various people on the phone, you'd be forgiven for thinking it might be a tad boring, but thanks to an engaging performance from star Tom Hardy and subtle direction from Steven Knight who opts for an extremely minimalistic approach, perfectly suited to the vibe of the film, you might find yourself surprised at just how much you enjoyed it.
August 18, 2017
A surprising role for Tom Hardy. He delivers an amazing one man show that is compelling to watch. Not a must see but a very curious film for very curious people.
August 15, 2017
One of my personal favorite performances from Tom Hardy to date. Engaging, restrained, emotional, and powerful all in one go.
July 31, 2017
What sounds like a boring concept gets brought to life by a great script, great performances, and an unusual filming structure. Seek out Locke if you want to see how unique and fantastic minimalist cinema can be.