Lolo Reviews

• May 27, 2019

Disappointing. I normally like Julie Delpy movies... her comedies are funny and different. This one felt kinda hollywood cliche - women making raunchy jokes and a stale plot where a family member tries to sabotage a romance (in this case the son pulls some awful tricks to get rid of Delpy's boyfriend). Delpy's character is also stale. Obviously being neurotic is her schtick, but it's like she didn't even bother to create a character here. I did laugh at a few points, and I guess that's something for a comedy nowadays.

• Jul 19, 2018

Good French comedy, Enjoyed the entire movie, nothing silly about it as so often happens in French comedies!

• Nov 29, 2017

Didn't go where I thought it would. It's pretty raw and all the characters other than Jean-Rene are pretty contemptible, but it was like a train wreck and I couldn't look away...

• Dec 31, 2016

A Julie Delpy project, which means "Lolo" is clever, wordy, sexy, and very, very French. The funny is a bit of a surprise. Rich with evocative dialoque, this complicated mother-boyfriend-son triangle veers from comedic to astute, to confusing, to combative. It has life. It has spirit. It has great performances. It has Paris. And yet, it never quite comes together. Perhaps there's just too much going on; a cluttered film assembled with good intentions. Delpy's middle age, single fashionista in search of romantic adventures would have been enough, but the plot is muddled with a silly IT story, and a rather disturbing Oedipus bent. "Lolo" does have its charms, especially the slapstickler Dany Boon, but requires more than a passing knowledge of the Euro jetset to properly enjoy the razor sharp skewers. Works swell in parts, but not in the sum of. - hipCRANK

• Dec 21, 2016

At times very funny, but the central theme is actually not funny at all, so a confused tone permeates the film.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Sep 03, 2016

Julie Delpy only shows us that she has an awful sense of humor and doesn't realize that most of her jokes and gags are horrible and unfunny, which is made even worse by the fact that most of the characters are so selfish and detestable, and Vincent Lacoste a terrible actor.

• Aug 06, 2016

Well-acted french comedy about the potential possessiveness of children, and the hard decision to learn to let go of the insidious fledgling, for everybody's good.

• Jul 28, 2016

Un film de bobos parisiens qui prennent les provinciaux de cons. lolo lui est sociopathe manipulateur qui veut garder sa mère pour lui; presque un Normand Bates; Bien sûr il ne paiera pas pour ses actes.

• Jun 22, 2016

Julie Delpy zelf is een genot om altijd na te kunnen kijken, zelfs als haar talent voor regisseren nogal voorspelbaar, cliché en in dit geval onbedoeld eng over weet te komen. Het is de romantische komedie van het jaar die wellicht eens een gesprek met een psychiater zou moeten hebben !

• Jun 21, 2016

En humor jeg ikke skjønte helt. Men det ble helt grei.

En humor jeg ikke skjønte helt. Men det ble helt grei.