Magic Reviews

• Oct 03, 2020

Crazy weird but very intriguing movie starring Anthony Hopkins who owns this movie. His performance is the 2nd best performance I've seen him in. He's that good and him with the puppet is iconic work. I will be referencing this movie a lot now. Gosh dang I'm surprised. I thought it was going to be like the chucky movies but it was so much more. It talks about the mind and mystery behind the puppeteer. This is a remarkable movie and I highly recommend this movie. I thought it would be more of a Halloween type movie but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

• Oct 03, 2020

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Sep 16, 2020

An appropriately disturbing tale of ventriloquism.

An appropriately disturbing tale of ventriloquism.

• Jul 15, 2020

Really odd but it is fun.

Really odd but it is fun.

• Apr 19, 2020

Anthony Hopkins' wonderful performance, Magic is a decent thriller with a decent character development, but it could have gone deeper into terror and madness.

• Sep 12, 2019

This is a psychological thriller about a magician and his ventriloquist dummy. It is not a horror film even though the infamous TV spot scared thousands of children across America. Anthony Hopkins' performance is outstanding with all the ventriloquism done for real.

• Jun 27, 2019

Magic is an undervalued gem that goes beyond the conventions of the horror genre and dives deep into a psychologically complex study of character and split personality. Anthony Hopkins's performance is memorable and Jerry Goldsmith's music score is absolutely brilliant.

• May 28, 2019

Its what you take about a movie, its collectively a hopkins movie at first and then the shock that attenborough can do such favour for the audience who had no guess about a movie which cannot be labelled as horror or creepy, its a movie on its own has a million esence of flavour thats dark as smurky

• Dec 14, 2018

Great acting. Loved the story about obsession and insanity/split personalities.

Great acting. Loved the story about obsession and insanity/split personalities.

• Mar 29, 2018

Rather ho hum movie and very predictable. I thought Anthony Hopkins did a good job acting and he is credited with Fat's voice so kudos there as well.