Mama - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mama Reviews

½ April 21, 2017
While this film wasn't original this was a decent movie. This film wasn't as boring as most newer horror films out today. This film was put together in a weird way but it keeps your attention. This film however isn't so much as a horror film. Honestly I would say this film was more along the lines of a drama with some good twists. I would recommend this film to others but not as a horror film.
½ April 14, 2017
6.5/10 It's Guillermo del Toro, so enjoy the visuals and the heart of the premise of the story, ignore the surrounding noise.
½ April 7, 2017
Holy crap, this was awful!
March 31, 2017
The eerily creepy (and yet oddly poignant) "Mama" is yet another prime example of how classic suspense wins over needless gore, with brilliant acting and those timeless jump scares that keep you on the edge of your seat throughout.
½ March 29, 2017
I really enjoyed this film. Best horror i've saw in a while. it was entertaining, scary in parts (very Grudge like) but then like most horrors it got rather comical..I was really impressed with the acting, especially the two children, they were clever,cute but sinister when necessary and never annoying (huge bonus) my only grumble was the CGI as with most things these days it looked pretty awful, but this didn't spoil the film for me. Really impressed :-)
February 24, 2017
Better in concept than in execution.
February 7, 2017
Acting coulee been better...
½ February 6, 2017
I loved this super creepy movie! The monster design was SUPERB.
February 6, 2017
Some wicked creature design and good child actors make up for Mama's "unfinished" feeling. Jessica Chastain delivers as usual.
November 3, 2016
This movie is creepy.
October 26, 2016
It was pretty decent. The effects were...meh...ok. It would've been better, had they gone with a practical monster. The adults were ok, maybe a bit bland, but not awful. The kids were the highlight of the film, I hope these two young actresses go far in this business. The ending was bittersweet, but kinda reminded me of the endings to classic horror literature, it kinda worked.
October 2, 2016
started out ok but then it drifted into too many directions
September 6, 2016
this movie and its story line almost makes sense at most point though there are a lot of things that just don't make any sense, the effects are really poorly done, however I have to give it something because its characters were played very well and it held my attention through the whole nonsensical plot
½ August 4, 2016
The worst movie I've seen, the story is boring and uninteresting
½ July 25, 2016
There were very good scenes,
It was pretty scary to watch
And I just love the way that Guillemero Del toro does the creation of Art & Light, But the problem with this film is the ending, They think it was happy but it actually was not, This is not the film i wanna see again,
I'm not saying it's awful I'm saying this movie could have done better.

Score: 5/10
½ July 15, 2016
This movie was very weird to start off. It had creepy moments, but that's not where this movie shines. the best part of this movie is the relationship building between Jessica Chastain and the girls. The characters make sense, but it could have been a little more fluid. It happens kinda fast, but it's still good. The creepy stuff is creepy enough, but it is a lot of CGI from what I can tell which can take one out of the moment. the only other big thing about this movie is the ending which is weird. I'm not gonna spoil, but it's just kinda like, "huh?".
July 15, 2016
Its another horror movie!
It follows point for point other horror movies of the time.
Really caring guy who doesn't do anything but is there in spirit, Doctor who goes too far, Snobby person who dies, Character who doesn't care but changes their heart, Ghost is looking for their (insert thing here), etc.
It's just another jump scare after jump scare PG-13 horror flick.
I guess it could have been worse, but that'a about it.
June 18, 2016
So overrated bc hardly frightening & terribly cheesy ending that leaves a staunch odour in your mouth :)
June 9, 2016
Reading the reviews you realise people aren't watching closely. Superbly filmed and story well paced. Makes absolute sense. Ending is just brilliant, compared to the Babadook, Insidious and Conjuring the acting is good and you don't just want the kids to die
½ June 9, 2016
Quite underrated if I'm honest. Better story and acting than 90% of modern horror movies