Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Reviews

• Jul 23, 2020

This movie rocked my world! The songs were sensational (particularly Angel Eyes) with wonderful casting and gorgeous cinematography! Every scene was a dream to look at with it's picturesque Croatian backdrop. Naturally, I feared this prequel/sequel to be a let down, unable to compare to the majesty of the Mamma Mia! Original. But no! The emotional rollercoaster and feel good factor this movie cultivated, to me is unparalleled. I extremely enjoyed the performance of one ms Christine Baranski who I credit the realisation of my sexuality to. Overall sensational movie, glorious soundtrack, Skye was as annoying as ever, go watch if you think you can handle it! I don't just love this movie because I attended the premiere in Croatia but that does slightly influence my judgement.

• Jul 20, 2020

This was one of the most fun movies I have ever seen! The beautiful, bright scenery, the captivating storylines, the SONGS! The dancing! Cher! Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again may well be my favorite movie in the world, honest. I liked it better than the first one(don't tell!!). I don't know why it only has a 66% from audiences at the time I'm writing this. I mean, guys, did we see the same movie?

• Jul 11, 2020

The fact that the previous movie and this one exists is a problem all by itself. They producers made 2 movies based off one decent song by ABBA. I don't know how they got Pierce Brosnan and Stellan Stasgård on this...thing. Why is the score so high? It's a lot like the Playmobil movie, capitalising off someone else's work.

• Jul 08, 2020

Just as terrible as the first and it's so horrible

Just as terrible as the first and it's so horrible

• Jul 08, 2020

This was by far one of the worst movies I have ever seen, not only was it a cheap knock off of the first movie, but it was also a poorly done knock off. None of the music pieces made sense in the movie, the "young" cast was absolutely atrocious. The fashion designer should have been fired because NONE of their outfits were 70's. The background characters had better costume designs. Everything about this movie was a literal train wreck, and it should have never been created. I wish I could erase this monstrosity from my memory.

• Jun 30, 2020

Absolutely terrible, such a let down. The whole back story was cheesy. In the first Mamma Mia (amazing 5 star movie) we see a small glimpse of Donna's past, Harry headbanger was a punk, in the sequel he's a gay loser with god knows what issues, I'm guessing they wanted to show he was gay, but they did it in the worst way possible, the fact they meet and he pushes her to have sex was just creepy. Sam in the back flashes was a hippy with long hair and moustache, in the sequel he's this handsome hunk with short hair, the only salvageable one is Bill, at least they got the look. The cheesy references to the first movie were really badly portrayed, when Donna wears the dungarees, when we see where the napoleon hat comes from, and countless others. The whole hotel is also a let down, she already has the hotel in the first movie, that looks nothing like the second one, but I guess they had to change locations for some reason, also the fact they killed Donna off, at first I thought she didn't want to be in the movie, but then she's at the end.. no clue. The only good acting is from the brilliant original cast, and Cher showing up. Absolutely terrible and so very upsetting having waited for it for years!

• Jun 28, 2020

Slightly better than the first film but still quite "empty" and cheesy.

Slightly better than the first film but still quite "empty" and cheesy.

• Jun 19, 2020

A little bit better but still no good

A little bit better but still no good

• Jun 17, 2020

What frigging year is "Present Day"? this distraction cost this movie at least a star. If Donna was pregnant in 1979 and this move is in 2018 that makes Sophie nearly 40 which its clear she isn't AND when Andy Garcia shows up he yells about "1959" to Cher which was at least 59 years earlier making Cher at minimum 78 with a 40yr old granddaughter, which I guess ok if both Cher and Donna were like 17 or so when the kids... listen my head hurts. The music is nice, I like the supporting cast that returned but my god the timeline hurts my brain

• Jun 11, 2020

Damn entertaining, just pure Broadway fun brought to film, something the first movie was lacking.