Marvel's The Avengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marvel's The Avengers Reviews

Page 1 of 1902
January 18, 2017
This movie just doesn't hold up to repeat viewing. Lot of noisy action, a few jokes that work the first time, a character death that is later reversed, and worst of all, a silly argument that somehow leaves the high tech SHIELD base undefended. The three stars is for the fun of the first viewing.
½ January 14, 2017
It is a triumph in fulfilling the dreams of fanboys everywhere.
January 14, 2017
Did The Avengers Deliver? Yes, but it also gave us a fun ramped up experience with much to love about these character portrayals who we have seen(Mark Ruffalo as Hulk is the only changed choice who is still great). Tom Hiddleston delivers his signature move as Loki, the action is guys tossing each other(in a good way), and we also got funny moments. The plot holes may have sometimes bothered me,but not TOTALLY! We still haven't gotten to my favorite MCU Movie(can you guess?), but this is possibly #3 or #4.I hope you love this blockbuster!
January 10, 2017
Super-fun comic-book action movie with great performances.
½ January 9, 2017
This movie deserves the $200 million in the box office. Its intensity, power, action, (surprisingly) emotion is the rich cinematic experience that all us viewers and cinephiles want in the theaters. It is not right to call this a great movie, it is perfect to call this a marvel masterpiece that makes cinematic history. My rating is that "I'M SPEECHLESS"
½ January 7, 2017
This is a great movie! It has a great storyline and great action scenes! Loved it!
½ January 6, 2017
Easily one of the best superhero movies of all time.
January 1, 2017
best movie ever made
December 30, 2016
Fantastico, una sceneggiatura stupenda degli effetti speciali e un cast perfetto, finalmente un Hulk degno del nome
December 25, 2016
One of my favorite movies of all time, this blockbuster is like my Star Wars. (Don't worry I still Love Star Wars more) Not only did this film make me interested in the MCU, it made me interested in films period. Filled with amazing action scenes, wonderful visuals, Great direction, and a superb cast, this will hands down be one of my all-time favorites no matter what.
½ December 21, 2016
So amazing! I'm not huge on super hero films but I really enjoyed this. Also hulk is the best
December 20, 2016
A wonderful, witty, superhero movie. Generic at times, but I loved the call-back to an actual 70s comic book style.
December 17, 2016
This movie could never live up to expectations but it sure tried its best to. An edge of your seat thriller to the very end with a cast of characters that were made to fill the shoes of their respected hero or heroine. Robert Downey Jr. was always an exceptional pick to play Iron Man but until this movie I hadn't exactly found an Iron Man movie that really lived up to the hype. That all changed in this movie as he rocked that Iron Man suit and willed this movie to greatness. Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Evans were also fabulous in this movie. Even the Hulk had a few great one liners. Tom Hiddleston makes for a villainous but at the same time misguided and misunderstood Loki. His ability to make Loki into someone you love and despise at the same time is brilliant. The plot was excellent and to this point the best superhero movie ever made.
½ December 16, 2016
Has everything that the audience wants to see
December 15, 2016
Avengers is a cinematic block busters experince aggregating all the previous marvel movies and turning it into a massive grandious movie making both fans of the movies and comic book content with the source material
December 14, 2016
The first assemble of the Avengers is groundbreaking but has it's faults.
December 12, 2016
Re-watch it in 3D, loved it more this time around, these popcorn entertainment movies with their blockbuster action sequences are made for 3D, also the storyline, script and pacing were excellent. There were loads of humours, intrigue to go along with fights to make it a total entertainment package. Each of the Super Hero was used perfectly on their strengths and were given enough screen time to make it work perfectly. Earlier I had felt the movie was all about Iron Man and not about avengers, didn't feel that on second watch. Now that so many other movies have come out in Marvel Cinematic Universe i got to appreciate the long term planning of MCU.
½ December 7, 2016
Fun, but let's be honest, it doesn't make much sense and it offers little else beyond good action.
½ December 3, 2016
There's a lot of pretty action and I can understand that the concept is a fanboy's wet dream but this flat out did not work for me. The tone is too goofy and light for anything to resonate and there are too many characters for the story to have any focus.
Page 1 of 1902