Marvel's The Avengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Marvel's The Avengers Reviews

Page 1 of 1912
May 25, 2018
Avengers is an awesome superhero film and every adjective- loud, brash, kickass applies. All the actors gathered do a good job either against one another or against a blue screen. The action is top notch and you might get a bit woozy even with all the stuff that happens on the screen. This is a movie event and it should not be missed under any circumstances (must watch superhero extravaganza).
May 21, 2018
Surprisingly lithe for all its heavyweights and the enormity of its universe and narrative scope. The jokes are just clever enough without becoming themselves overwhelming, the action remains in service of the story, and the plot keeps things relatively simple. Perhaps not as good as you remember, but better still than you might expect.
May 17, 2018
Definitivamente Marvel's The Avengers quedará en la historia como la película que hizo que la montaña Marvel creciera en cuestión de segundos. Inició todo un boom, hizo que varios sean fans de los cómics-si es que ya no lo eran desde Iron Man 1- y definitivamente por ser el primer megacrossover de franquicias superheroicias y el excelente trabajo de Josh Whedon, siempre tendrá un lugar en los corazones de cada cinéfilo. Avengers Assemble!
½ May 16, 2018
The first Avengers is an excellent composition of characters that essentially launched the ensemble craze we see today.
May 16, 2018
The Avengers is awesome, funny, action packed, and filled with good humor. The Avengers is awesome!
May 16, 2018
Everything built to this..All the movies before this...and this movie justifies it.a great experience.
May 14, 2018
Audiences and critics loved that the Avengers are all white. Thank God there are no minorities in the Avengers. All sarcasm aside, this was such a mediocre movie. A bunch of good guys get together to fight the bad guys and save the world. Predictably, the good guys don't get along at first but then they come together to defend Earth from some seriously bland and generic aliens who aren't intimidating at all. Coulson's death was supposed to be a pivotal moment in the film, but absolutely no one cared about him so that just totally fell flat. Tom Hiddleston gave a very limp-wristed performance as Loki. Apparently he reasoned that Loki sounds like "low-key" so why not play the character that way? The action sequences were all lackluster. But hey, at least the Avengers are all white, am I right?
May 12, 2018
Following four years' worth of movies building up for this moment, "The Avengers" is the big crossover that finishes the first phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, by bringing together some of Earth's mightiest heroes. When the Asgardian prince Loki makes a deal with the leader of the Chituari army to subjugate Earth, S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury has to bring together a group of remarkable people to stop this Alien threat. That includes Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Black Widow, Thor and Hawkeye all teaming up to save the world, as hard as it might be interacting with each other, due to their different personalities. But this team-up works. The ensemble cast is perfect, especially Robert Downey Jr., which reprises his role as playboy-genius-billionaire Tony Stark. Joss Whedon manages to make everyone in this group of heroes shine. The characters are as complex as it gets, the humor is on point, the action is otherworldly and the most impressive at the time this film came out, the stakes are high and it just delivers on every level, living up to the expectations and the promises its predecessors created in the minds of the fans. All in all, it's pretty much the perfect comic book/superhero movie and the epitome of how all blockbusters should be made, filled with a little bit of everything to make this an unforgettable cinematic experience that will be discussed for decades to come.
½ May 10, 2018
I just went back and watched the original Avengers film and it is still Excellent! I forgot a lot of the story and I'm very happy that I watched it again. It also marks the first appearance of Thanos in the end credits. Plus, I forgot the Avengers didn't form until the movie and there are some good fights between the heroes.
May 9, 2018
OMG MOVIE OF A LIFETIME
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. This movie has the exact amount of action, character development moments, interesting plot, smooth direction, and pumped up music. The only minor flaw is the technical errors in plot and 2% too much humor at uneccisary moments.
May 7, 2018
If you were waiting for a group of big name characters to "assemble" then congratulations. The wait is over. A marvel of producing and patience.
May 6, 2018
Buenos efectos especiales
May 6, 2018
Best superhero team ever!
May 5, 2018
Still the greatest marvel movie of all time
May 4, 2018
Without any doubt the first best superhero movie...
½ May 2, 2018
So much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ May 1, 2018
As I've said for years, comic-book films struggle once they've told the origin story. This one is good--less of a ******* Batman story, but that's what some are looking for...the deeper more serious tale. Batman for adults, which is fine, but it's not what we're getting from Marvel films. Nolan has knows his ancient westerns civilization with his allusions to ancient Rome. I give it a solid B
April 30, 2018
Yeah, that was awesome. This would be a 5 star rating if it weren't for a couple plot holes that weren't really explained.
April 29, 2018
The first avengers movie, brings the classic heroes together, a little better than the sequel.
April 28, 2018
It is difficult to underscore how special - epic, funny, and well executed - this movie was, especially for MCU fans. A compelling story and humour made this movie highly enjoyable to behold. And for anyone in love with this universe, it was all our childish dreams made real. Epic. Thank you, Marvel.
Page 1 of 1912