Marvel's The Avengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Page 1 of 1904
June 21, 2017
Avengers Assemble! :)
½ June 17, 2017
The Avengers is an almost perfect film that gives every single character their time to shine. A
½ June 17, 2017
The Avengers lives up to its hype and raises the bar for Marvel at the movies.
June 16, 2017
Best Marvel movie ever!!
June 13, 2017
LOVED THE MOVIE.Good job marvel
½ June 11, 2017
Seeing all these characters come together for the first time is great and the cast works really well together. Loki and the villain was great as well.
June 8, 2017
come pacing issues and is pretty boring in the beginning , but the action is great.not much replay value
June 7, 2017
This movie lived up to the hype!
½ June 6, 2017
It blew me out of the back of the theater.
½ May 31, 2017
This film definitely lives up to the hype. The writing shows improvement since previous Marvel Studios films, making the dialogue purposeful and the one-liners are actually funny and not overly cheesy. The choreography in the fight scenes is perfect, with characters using moves that are unique to them and their powers. The CGI and visual effects are incredible, speaking of which, the Hulk's character model is improved as well, making him more realistic looking and actually resembling Mark Ruffalo, who is a welcomed actor replacement as the character of Bruce Banner. Thor and Captain America seem to fit better as side characters in this film, and the interactions between them and Iron Man are full of chemistry. Robert Downey Jr. is on point as usual. Black Widow's character is improved, with Scarlett Johansson showing some emotional depth. Tom Hiddleston shines as Loki, delivering a theatrical performance that comes off cunning and sinister. This film raised the bar for what Marvel Studios is capable of.
½ May 31, 2017
Despite some questionable green screen around the last 3rd of the movie, The Avengers is still a ton of fun. It really was a risk trying to make this movie happen, and it really payed off. I still preferred The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man when it comes to superhero movies of 2012, but I still think this film kicks ass.

9/10
½ May 31, 2017
In The Avengers, Marvel pulls off what no-one thought they could: They assembled the Avengers on the big screen. All five movies lead-up movies culminate in this ground-breaking film that actually works on nearly every level, and leaves you wanting more.
½ May 28, 2017
The stunning visuals, action packed cinematography, and much welcomed character discovery of Bruce Banner almost pushed this movie to a perfect 5 out of 5 stars! Possibly the best of the Marvel films to date.
May 28, 2017
Peccato per mia madre che mi ha chiamato sul finale!!!! Che fine ha fatto Loki???
May 27, 2017
One of the best movies I've ever seen. I can't say more
½ May 25, 2017
Easily one of the best comic book movies of all time!
½ May 24, 2017
The Avengers is an amazing movie that has almost everything. It has action, good acting, good cinematography, and good wit. Overall, it is a definite recommendation of mine.
½ May 23, 2017
'The Avengers' was directed by Joss Whedon and stars Roberty Downey Jr, Chris Evans and Tom Hiddlesticks(Hiddleston if it actually bothers you). It's the end result of 5 previous movies, combined into one awesome spectacular entry to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. When a charming, likable British villain tries to attack Earth with his giant disposable CGI space army forcing some mentor like figure to form a super team, consisting of the protagonists from 5 completely separate movies rolled into one. And thus we have a Cinematic Universe. Thanks Feige. Your brilliance had doomed us all.

The Avengers is one of the most likable, enjoyable, fun action/superhero movies that's ever been released and redefined a genre. Without this movie, all the cinematic universes we have today wouldn't exist(the debate on whether that's good or not is still open) and a superhero movie on this scale would have been attempted. Don't watch this movie expecting 'The Dark Knight' or 'X-Men' because this movie centres fun as its #1 goal and excels at it. All the cast is likable, the action is fun and it is overall just a great, big fun way to spend 2 hours of you life.

As much as I praise this movie, it does have some flaws. The main flaw is the dull, generic and cliché ridden story which is just really poorly written. It follows the tropes way too closely and began the trend to have NO stakes in Marvel movies. I will also say the 'ending' should have had more of an impact and felt more important than it was so I would definitely say it should have been handled better. The end credits sequences are gold, though.

Robert Downey Jr is excellent as Iron Man and is easily the best part of the MCU. On the flip side of this, I will say that I was very disappointed in Chris Evan's Captain America and I think his blatant lack of emotion and all times is unsettling and boring to watch. I understand the need of a straight man to keep the group in check but he was more like a robot than a human. Hiddlesticks was phenomenal as Loki and remains as easily the best MCU villain. He's smart, he's charming and, most importantly, he's British. That must be a requirement on entry to the 'Super villain Squad' because every villain in the universe is British(or at least the good ones are). Scarlett Johanson was good as Black Widow and you can see genuine emotion between her and Hawkeye. She may not be a critical member of the team but she's a female and yay for diversity. Mark Ruffallo was great as Bruce Banner and I adore how he refers to his alter ego as 'the other guy'. Jeremy Renner was fine as Hawkeye and remains the most useful Avenger with his SICK Archery Skills. Seriously though, he doesn't need to exist. Chris Hemsworth was good as Thor but not particularly memorable. Samuel Jackson is great as Nick Fury and a 15 rated movie of him would be comedy gold.

The cinematography for this movie is great and I adore the tracking shots Whedon uses in the action and I think it benefits the action so much. Whedon CAN do action supremely well. The effects are amazing and are a delight to look at. The costume design was great and the set design was also really good.

This movie needed to provide some fun action sequences, be funny and bring one of the most iconic superhero teams to the big screen without getting crucified by die hard Marvel fans. I can speak for two of them factors and say it achieved them. As for the third one, I can't comment but I will assume they were happy.

In conclusion, this is undoubtedly one of the best comic book movies of all time and is just great fun to watch. If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend you do because it is pure, adrenaline filled enjoyment.

9/10
May 19, 2017
I love this movie the characters are awesome the action scenes are well done and the visuals are breathtaking
½ May 18, 2017
buen trabajo del director tiene buenos efectos especiales cada personaje tiene una buena función en la película
Page 1 of 1904