Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials Reviews

• 2d ago

Garbage didn’t follow the book at all

Garbage didn’t follow the book at all

• May 26, 2021

As sequels go, this isn't too bad. But the premise of the first film was different and unique. That it kinda blows to see the second go the route of action packed zombie-apocalypse. Which we've seen enough of those genres and makes this just another one to add to the bunch.

• Apr 23, 2021

I think it was very well directed, well-paced, excellent performance from the actors with an astonishing CGI, and takes place in an interesting world

• Mar 04, 2021

The epitome of soulless blockbuster filmmaking. Needlessly over the top ‘epic score’ accompanied by VFX filled sound and fury, signifying nothing. It’s dark - to look at, barely discernible at times. The story is, okay, the middle part of a trilogy, but feels nonexistent or nonsensical except when it’s setting up its sequel - and this is coming from someone who read all the Maze Runner books and saw the first film! I didn’t like this movie.

• Feb 28, 2021

easily the worst out of the trilogy with it being boring and very slow-paced until the final 20 minutes.

• Feb 21, 2021

What a fucking waste of time. 2 hours forever gone!

What a fucking waste of time. 2 hours forever gone!

• Jan 18, 2021

No plot, just running from zombies and bad guys. Not at all like the first movie.

• Dec 31, 2020

I liked this movie. not as much as the first but it's not bad

I liked this movie. not as much as the first but it's not bad

• Dec 28, 2020

The horny Power Rangers escaped a deadly maze and find themselves trapped once again by Littlefinger, who plans to drain their blood for a cure agaisnt zombies. They escape through the widest-vents-ever-built and run towards the desert. Like any other teenagers, they end up hanguing at a delapidated mall and despite all logic, choose to turn on the electricity boards, awakening dozens of zombies who chase them relentlessly. The Indian power ranger gets bit first (it's 2020, the black characther is no longer the first casualty, you racist pricks) but is saved by the heroic White Alfa Male character, naturally. After exiting the cursed mall, they see a few lights on the horizon and instintly know it's their safe haven, but once again, they find themselves chased by a lightning storm, that stratigecly blasts them like flies. Mother nature, you fucking bitch. By this time, 90% of what you have seen so far are chasing/action scenes where the dialog consist of bad acted let's goes and runs, have you tried having a conversation while crossfitting?! I tought so. After running 20km in 15 seconds, the group find Mr. Fring, a charismatic apocaliptic leader that you wonder what kind of sick favour is paying off to participate in this shit storm of a movie. As expected, the movie improves with the performance of Giancarlo Esposito, that sees the All Lives Matter Powerangers a source of currency to join the "Right Arm" - a group of renegades "that hides in the mountains" and that fight Littlefinger and his cause. While captured by Fring, Littlefinger attacks the compound but the teenagers escape again with the help of Fring's girlfriend, Latinasian GI Jane (hoorays for inclusivity!). Separated after their escape, Alfa-Male and GI Jane get themselves into a zombie infested sewer where GI Jane gets bit; but reunite with their friends in a pos-apocalipthic city, where (wait for it), they take hallucinogetic drugs on a rave. The cliché continues further, as they are doubled crossed and then are accidentaly rescued by none other than the..Right Arm. The righteous army (see what I did there), is constitued by even more in debt Game of Thrones cast members and the lady from The Conjuring, who is a scientist that worked for the bad guys in the past, but whose motherly morals couldn't handle the killing of the teenagers to save humanity. She saves GI Jane and all seems well, until the Alfa White Bitch betrays them all and warns Littlefinger about their location. The movie ends on a fight scene, the bad guys escape and the White Alfa Male gives a half assed inspirational speech about fighting evil no matter what. Way to go cowboy! Apparently there is a sequel. A must watch if you got neuroins to spare.

• Nov 09, 2020

Taking place right after the first film left off, we are thrown into a new setting of The Maze Runner series. The first film had a great premise and set up, sadly The Scorch Trials end up giving us more questions than answers. This film like the first is beautifully shot and has an even bigger budget this time around. The actors all bring new emotions to the characters giving us a look into their pasts. By the middle of the runtime we drift off into more of a different type of film. The movie doesn’t seem to know what it’s doing and just uses big action set pieces to cover up for its mistakes in story. Luckily it keeps your attention from start to finish.