The Mechanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mechanic Reviews

½ November 25, 2016
Another action adventure from Staham. The movie itself wasn't bad, but the plot was simple and predictable.
October 8, 2016
Here is an example of a brainless B-movie fare with frigid, brooding killers, high body pile ups, blazing guns with over the top action scenes. Those who are into the nasty R-violence, well this just might be your thing. As for me, the highlight was Ben Foster and Donald Sutherland.
October 7, 2016
Amid some quite cool looking images of the sequel, I thought I might as well check out the original. Whilst not particularly surprised by the lack of enjoyment I got from it, I was perhaps hoping for a little more. A very standard Statham film quickly takes shape, so much so that you wouldn't be blamed for thinking you were watching one of the many Transporter movies for example. As expected, action scenes are pretty good, and stunts relatively entertaining. The plot however was as dull as listening to most of the England football team speak. It was also quite farfetched in the relationships that the film tried to build, particularly following the initial few scenes. All in all, I won't be rushing to watch the sequel.
October 4, 2016
The hit at the very start is quality and it has its moments throughout but instead of been a stylish hitman thriller it just turns into another Jason Statham action flick, which is not a bad thing but when you are doing a remake of a classic, you deserve more. The finale to the 1972 film is one of my all time favourites and they make a balls of it here. Entertaining but pointless.
jamrcla
½ September 28, 2016
Good film, Not as much action as I hoped for but what we got was good with some pretty gory kills at times, Nice plot but nothing really to take away from it as the twist was predictable and the ending could of been better but the story side of it was what stood out the most.
September 14, 2016
Typical Jason Statham movie.
½ September 9, 2016
Pourtant réalisé par Simon West et avec Jason Statham en star, The Mechanic est un film d'action sans action, un thriller sans suspense, totalement dépourvu d'humour ou même de second degré et quasiment déporvu d'intérêt aussi. Ne reste alors qu'une succession de scènes d'exposition, le charisme de Jason Statham, Ben Foster qui est toujours aussi bon et inquiétant et une dernière demi-heure bien supérieure à ce qu'il y avait auparavant. Mais avec les forces en présence, c'est une réelle déception.
September 1, 2016
Jason stathum is always a good action star and does what he does best in this movie. I enjoyed the story line very much as well as the directing of this movie
½ August 30, 2016
While the movie has a strong plot and a lot of story, it starts with average acting, combined with big action sequences which makes you sometimes wonder if it's a drama/thriller or action like its sold to be. Nonetheless a good step up for Statham and Donald Sutherland's performance is amazing as usual, and Ben Foster's performance is twisted and sympathic at the same time. The main cast is well acted but the villains are average to just thugs who seem to run the whole movie. Although the movie has its flaws, the positive story telling and action sequences/visuals make it worth to see again and benefits own on DVD for a cheap price.
½ August 28, 2016
An over the top action movie that tries to take itself too seriously at times trying to be something it should not be, Statham and Foster do bring decent performances though. A remake that uses the new modern action filmmaking process to turn it any other over the top violent, action movie.
August 27, 2016
¿Quiere verse una película de acción acompañada de unas cervezas y una pizza con anchoas? Este decente re-make de la cinta de 1972 protagonizada por Charles Bronson (y ahora por Jason Statham) puede ser la indicada. La acción en "The Mechanic" es constante, los actores (Statham y Ben Foster) actúan y hay mucha, mucha testosterona. "The Mechanic", la historia de un asesino a sueldo que busca enseñarle a un aprendiz el arte de matar sin dejar huella, puede ser superficial y no se compara a su fuente original, pero soporta ser vista en un fin de semana con los aditamentos antes mencionados.
August 26, 2016
F%43 you guys I give this movie 10 stars
and Jessica Alba was hot as F%4#
August 26, 2016
A thrilling Jason Statham film!
August 14, 2016
Didn't know this was a remake.but I loved every second of this film. Action packed and some scenes were hilarious
½ August 6, 2016
How did I not hear of this when it came out? Jason Statham is the man!
July 24, 2016
Freaking amazing! Five stars hands down! Action at its best! Great plot, several layers, keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seats the entire time! Let's go!
June 20, 2016
Loved own it on blue ray awesome movie just like the original
½ May 15, 2016
He's a driver he's a fighter g how many movie combinations can u make out of that.???
April 27, 2016
The Mechanic really surprised me after many told me that it was not good. Most of the time Jason Statham is a little too over-the-top for me, but this time it is different. It has an awesome plot and Ben Foster does a nice job.
½ March 14, 2016
Ben Foster was really really good, Statham was well Statham which is great for this movie. The story was decent, the action was amazing. Really the only thing that kept this movie from getting five stars was that it went on about a minute to long. If it would have ended then it would have been perfect for what it is.