Megamind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Megamind Reviews

November 5, 2016
Boring for the whole family.
½ October 30, 2016
Megamind is sort of like a combination between The Incredibles and Superman. It packs enough of a punch to set itself apart with the intriguing premise, good life lessons, and incredibly great voice cast. It's definitely not on par with Disney or Pixar, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
October 16, 2016
This is an animated film made for teenagers. The basic story and satire of the superhero genre will be appealing to children but the comedy is totally made for teenagers and young adults. I haven't seen an animated movie with this much adult humour since the first Shrek film. As for the story, Megamind takes an old tired genre and storyline and flips it on its head. This film asks the question, "What would happen if the villain won? Would it be chaos? Would he have a change of heart?" This film answers all these questions with a wide array of hilarious characters, fun action sequences and a kickass soundtrack. Whether or not you are on babysitting duty, this is a fun watch!
September 26, 2016
Repeated watches helps to make this funnier. Clever idea, smartly executed.
September 25, 2016
it a is really good it is funny and the characters are great
½ September 19, 2016
Hilarious. Great story.This is exceedingly fun, well-written, and clever, and has a great cast.
½ September 18, 2016
A strong cast in a fun show.
September 7, 2016
one of the funniest animated movies ever. has a great sound track and has a good entertaining story.
½ August 31, 2016
A very strong satire on the genre of superhero movies that carefully criticizes the overuse of hero vs. villain plots being too simple in most movies, also has several surprises that are important for the audience to enjoy the movie as if everything wasn't secret, the audience would lose their attention. However, this movie is too underrated and deserves to be honored for the film's message.
August 24, 2016
Not Will Ferrell's best work. That whole "Olloo" joke was really bad. Like REALLY bad.
August 23, 2016
Will Ferrell voicing a big blue alien who causes havoc, sold. Megamind is a family cgi film spoofing the superhero genre with a twist, the main character is the villain. A funny film with Ferrell once again providing hilarity. With many references to superheroes and films, megamind is full of pop culture references to keep the adults amused as well as the kids. A great film from dreamworks.
August 16, 2016
It's no The Incredibles but Megamind's strong visuals, great voice acting, spectacular action sequences (which look even greater in 3-D) and humour make it a reasonably entertaining diversion (albeit not a classic).
August 10, 2016
In my opinion i thought it was sort of boring but they were some funny parts to it but it seemed like it tried to copy what despicable me did
also the characters are typical metro man has that superman style and personality the reporter is your everyday love interest character while minion is that worrier over protective character
July 16, 2016
It's good but to much of a ripoff of despicable me
½ June 29, 2016
Megamind is hilarious and adventurous. This movie has the amazing voice talents of some special actors and actresses. This movie and plot is great. I would very much suggest this movie.
jamrcla
June 5, 2016
A strong voice cast and a nice twist on the whole superhero genre makes this a nice little film, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but i bet it would of been better, Maybe not as funny as it should of been but some cool action scenes help it allot.
May 25, 2016
Movie was entertaining
May 22, 2016
got stuff 4 tha kids as well as us adults
½ May 15, 2016
It has great music like Mr Bluesky and Back in Black, and when I first saw it I loved it. Looking back it isn't as funny, but still entertaining nonetheless.
May 12, 2016
Underrated hilarity pumps Megamind full of brilliant one-liners and situational comedy, even if directed towards a younger, teen audience.