Meltdown: Days of Destruction Reviews

• May 13, 2015

Man Casper is desperate. Poor Johnny Rico.

Man Casper is desperate. Poor Johnny Rico.

• Dec 23, 2014

Laughably bad through every second of its running time, Meltdown: Days of Destruction makes Deep Impact and Armageddon look like the thesis Stephen Hawking wrote to earn his doctorate. I would maybe forgive any cheesy effects or hysterically preposterous science babble if it meant getting the main characters to shut up, but no, we're stuck with what probably started out as a love triangle soap opera, with a side order of daddy-daughter issues, that ended up getting an apocalyptic disaster wedged in due to studio demands. Full review at http://silverscreenfanatic.com/2014/11/24/what-the-hell-were-they-thinking-47/

• Jun 23, 2014

Van Dien has an uncanny knack of picking lousy movies -- or vice versa. Predictable plot, no acting to speak of, and the physics are just outrageous.

• Dec 11, 2012

Rising global temperatures this one could become reality

Rising global temperatures this one could become reality

• Nov 24, 2012

While the science doesn't quite jive in this tale of an apocalyptic end for the Earth, the general story of the film tends to work. There are concepts here that make some kind of sense and the thought of everyone dying because the Earth is heating up super fast is interesting. The acting isn't great but it's a lot better than many direct to video low budget flicks and there is some great use of locations to create a believable scenario. I was generally surprised by just how entertaining this lame film was. But... it's still a lame film.

• Aug 03, 2012

Casper always reminds me of a B movie star. I'm sure he could do better if he didn't have a crappy script to work from. Nothing special from the director.

• Nov 04, 2011

i have a thing for cvd, so sue me.

i have a thing for cvd, so sue me.

• Jan 15, 2011

Ovo je "film" koji bez ikakvog zezanja ne bih preporucio ni najgorem neprijatelju. Covjek bi pomislio da apokalipticni film sa Kasperom Van Dinom u glavnoj ulozi ne moze da omane, ali avaj - ovo je najdosadnija apokalipsa u istoriji svemira, ispunjena najdosadnijim odnosima izmedju najdosadnijih likova na svijetu od kojih svaki nalazi za neophodno da nam u nekom trenutku pauze odbaljezga svoju zivotnu pricu. Uzas na svakom zamislivom nivou, ali bar je kraj toliko urnebesno patetican da smo se svi ovde valjali od smijeha.

• Mar 17, 2010

it was awful, but I just couldn't turn it off! I'm such a sucker for bad sci fi movies!

• Dec 16, 2009

On va tous mourir juste avant Noël, ça reste sympa ;o)

On va tous mourir juste avant Noël, ça reste sympa ;o)