Memento - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Memento Reviews

October 17, 2017
One of those movies that you have to rewatch immediately after seeing it for the first time. Great acting and cinemotography making for a terrific first and repeat watching experiences.
October 16, 2017
Great film. It gets very confusing so you have to sit and watch it to figure out what is going on but I really enjoyed it
October 11, 2017
Classic Nolan. This is a masterfully handled narrative. It's an innovative film with great acting and a gripping, emotional story. You can't ask for much more.
September 26, 2017
Christopher Nolan's first attempt to create a unique, immersive film experience succeeds on every level. You are plugged right into the mind of the protagonist, played by the insanely underrated Guy Pearce, and immersed into an original tight narrative while also being a surprising amount of fun.
½ September 23, 2017
So in conclusion, Memento is a compelling mystery with a trio of full-bodied characters and a unique and well executed narrative structure.

Memento is probably Christopher Nolan's best film, and certainly his most character-driven one. Guy Pearce plays a man named Leonard, who has anterograde amnesia, meaning that he can't remember anything for more than a few minutes. Two men raped and murdered his wife and caused the injury that gave him his amnesia, and he's out for revenge.

Pearce, Moss, and Pantoliano all give performances that feel naturalistic and at times, awkward, although I believe it was done on purpose.

However, the film does not start with the journey, but rather the end. Within the first scene, Leonard has shot a man in the face. Then, the narrative progresses backwards from this point, while also starting at the beginning, with the two storylines meeting up in the middle.
½ September 12, 2017
This is to date Nolan's best film. The script and acting is top notch. You can see how well Nolan knows film just by the structure of the film. I can't say enough about how inventive and genius this movie truly is. You will be on the edge of your seat the entire time trying to put the puzzle together. This shows you can make all time great movies with low budgets. This is a must watch for anyone that considers themselves a film buff.
September 11, 2017
What I love about this film is that it keeps you thinking and questioning what is happening as much as Guy Pearce's character is.
September 10, 2017
This film was aight. I really didn't think too much about it. On an entertainment level, I wasn't really enticed. But I do see why a lot of people like this film though. The way the studio shot the film, dissected it, and presented to us was incredibly unique and original. Christopher Nolan is a genius!
½ September 7, 2017
Even tho the movie is going backwards, plot is explained in such an amazing way. The lead character really fits into the story. Hands down the best Christopher Nolan movie, He really knows how to express a movie plot.
September 6, 2017
Memento provides an audience a unique experience. The ending to beginning format is executed perfectly. The "twist" in Memento is one of the best "twists" I have ever seen.
September 4, 2017
Excelling from an astonishing writing, and a great-risky combination of direction and edition, filmed from finish to start, Christopher Nolan creates a unique and dynamically powerful thriller, with a terrific performance by Guy Pearce that only finishes complementing its complexity in what it is an original film, in every aspect, and what may be considered Nolan's best, even nowadays.
August 29, 2017
The film carries a concept so good it requires you to watch it twice. The film that gave notice to Christopher Nolan, in a new way of storytelling
August 29, 2017
Christopher and Jonathan Nolan make a shocking and enticing story in Memento. From its unconventional formula of storytelling to the shocking revelations, the film is a landmark for the brothers as one of their bests and one cinemas groundbreaking tales. 5/5
August 22, 2017
Memento is hands down Nolan's best film. The best way to describe it is if Nolan emptied a puzzle box onto the floor, but let each piece fall in such a way that most of the puzzle falls into place. Most of it. He let's you put the remaining pieces into place.
August 20, 2017
The narrative gimmick is a bit under cooked, but Nolan redeems it with one hell of a cynical ending.
August 18, 2017
Early Nolan. Genius.
August 15, 2017
Holy shit. This movie had me dead ass tripping. Will he ever solve this case with short term memory. Really really bad short term or is he just gonna keep going back to where he was? Unique, and original this film is gripping and very entertaining.
August 14, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal with a great twist starring who knows but I do care and directed by one of the greatest directors of all time, Christopher Nolan. I really enjoyed this movie and the twist at the end was awesome, I won't spoil anything but I will tell you how good it is and I will definitely watch this movie again but next time with some friend that I can show the twist, that twist is on usual suspects level.
August 3, 2017
One of Christopher Nolan's first films and definitely one of his best, the movie manages to make a movie go in reverse and still end with a plot twist, the acting is great along with a characters being portrayed, definitely one of my favorites
August 2, 2017
With a plot story that is very simple yet very complex at the same time, Christopher Nolan succeeds in keeping the audience interested through his expert story structure, Jonathan Nolan's concept, and two great performances by Guy Pearce and Joe Pantoliano.