Memento - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Memento Reviews

½ November 20, 2016
Incredible Storytelling
November 20, 2016
A thriller in every sense. I can't wait to watch it again and again and again....
November 16, 2016
My Review:10/10
Date: 11/5/16
Watched it with my daughter. It still holds up well.

My Review:10/10
Date: 9/18/08

Date: 6/26/2002
Still great! I added a new plot FAQ to the links above.

Date: 12/26/2001
I loved it just as much the second time around. It's just so original, so well structured, so open to interpretation. It really makes you think, rather than spoon-feeding the whole movie to you.

Date: 10/29/2001
Memento is a terrific original movie. It's kind of a murder mystery that really makes you think. Andrea and I sat up for two hours after the movie (until 1am) trying to figure out how everything fit together. Guy Pearce (who was also terrific in L.A. Confidential) stars as a man who has lost all short term memory in an attack and is trying to avenge his wife's murder. I can't recommend this movie enough. It is currently ranked #9 of all movies in the IMDB top 250.
November 16, 2016
It has to be seen to the end to be believed, beautiful mind- fucking, psycho-thriller film.
November 13, 2016
Very interesting and reflexive. 10/10 to this one.
November 12, 2016
Very twisted movie but in the end I don't see what's the lesson behind this movie.
November 11, 2016
The editing of the film was something, but at the end we are facing a very lame story chopped to pieces to be interesting.
½ October 24, 2016
An unusual thriller. In Momento, a man, Leonard, suffering from a condition where he cannot retain short-term memories, tries to piece together what has happened to him by using Polaroid photographs and notes made on scraps of paper. He also has really important information tattooed onto his body. This disjointed story unfolds in a unique manner in that the the plot is played out in reverse snapshots so that the viewer finds out what has happened in overlapping, backward segments linked by a one-sided phone conversation between Leonard and an unseen caller. Guy Pearce takes on the the role of Leonard and is brilliant in the role. The unusual format of the plot enhances the disorientating condition Leonard suffers from and makes watching the movie an engaging and challenging puzzle to be solved. Christopher Nolan weaves plenty of red herrings and surprise revelations into the plot as Leonard unravels the complex web of events the have lead him to kill a man. Memento is an intelligent, clever and unique movie that is terrific fun to watch and keeps the viewer guessing until the very end.
½ October 12, 2016
disappointed by the ending of this, perhaps I missed the sutlty of it, but I wanted answers.
½ October 5, 2016
An absorbing, often disorienting psychological thriller with a unique story telling device that works perfectly in context of the subject matter and the protagonists memory problem. A movie that demands re-watching though in order to get the most out of it. Excellent.
September 29, 2016
One of my favourite movies. Christopher Nolan is a genius. Movie like no other. In my opinion. his best movie so far.
September 25, 2016
Far superior to the similar eternal sunshine movie, it is Mindbending, but then it is Christopher Nolan as director, and he has style.
½ September 19, 2016
How to live when the memory is gone? Write down notes that you follow practically blindly. The story runs backward to reveal itself. Like a maize, bits are revealed and the thread holds and turns and twist until we arrive at an explanation. Strange film but it works!
½ September 18, 2016
So all the events are shown in reverse order, so what? That does little to change the fact that everything else about "Memento" is pretty average.
½ September 6, 2016
This one was pretty great. I enjoyed the style of storytelling. It made what would have been a pretty standard film much more enjoyable.
September 4, 2016
If this movie was released in theaters like a normal narrative, it would most likely be a flop
August 29, 2016
Beautiful experimental storytelling. I found it particularly poignant because of my experience with those who have short term memory loss.
August 29, 2016
Arguably the best Nolan Movie ever made, Memento is an extremely unique revenge story that throws in twists and turns throughout.
August 29, 2016
Brilliantly thought-provoking and original.
½ August 28, 2016
Una excelente película, la forma como la historia se cuenta hacía atrás es perfecta, uno siente lo mismo que el personaje, no sabemos lo que está pasando, y uno tiene las ganas de seguir averiguando todo al igual que el personaje principal, el final, a pesar de que no lo esperaba, no fue como to hubiera querido.