Memento - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Memento Reviews

½ May 13, 2018
One of Nolan's best works.
½ April 10, 2018
overpraised mystery is never as interesting or clever as it adumbrates. the scenes are played in backwards order to deceive, bewilder and synthetically galvanize. anything but to conceive a purposeful, consequential plot. this gimmick is overweening, attempting to cover up what little the film has to say if played chronologically.
½ April 7, 2018
Memento is a confusing masterpiece. The film is about a man who is left unable to form any new memories following his wife's death. Despite the inability to recall information for any longer than 15minutes, he is determined to solve his wife murder case single-handed.
The entire film is played in reverse and includes out of sequence scenes, which makes following the plot rather difficult, but lets you empathise with the lead character's condition. Watching the movie at least twice seems like a must to me, to form a proper conclusion about the open-ended plot, it but the beauty of the film is, that it is enjoyable no matter how many time you see it. I highly recommend to watch this film and would suggest paying close attention.

P.S.: Remember Sammy Jankins!
½ March 21, 2018
It's difficult to find something as original as this. It's also a really amazingly organized mess. Amazing.
½ March 15, 2018
This is a perfect example of Director trying too hard to ether make movie interesting or to connect with the audience. Fail on both parts... unfortunately! I think the proof of the fail is when the director does on to explain the movie... movie should explain the movie, not the otherway around!!!
½ March 14, 2018
Neat film, but also weird

Some might not be able to follow
March 13, 2018
Clever storytelling. Never before will you ever see a film told in this way. Pure genius! Hats off to director Christopher Nolan for his wonderful vision!
March 8, 2018
unlike any film before it, memento is a gripping and tense story of one man trying to recall the un-recallable. the viewer follows him through his perspective and the truth is only revealed in reverse.
½ March 6, 2018
Great mystery. amazing twist at the end.
½ March 3, 2018
I'm a sucker for films that take risks in terms of their storytelling. By telling a non-linear story which keeps the viewer's attention all the way it actually demands the audience to actually think, something which is becoming more and more rare these days.

A
February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 8, 2018
A movie which a plot and story that is more interesting, entertaining and enticing backwards rather than forwards and follows the theme of memory loss by doing so; storytelling that can be appreciated and understood through careful and active watching. Successfully interesting and perfectly executed risk of portraying a story in reverse-chronology is a feat of it's own.
January 19, 2018
Brilliant and a bit confusing which is a good thing about the movie
January 17, 2018
Memento earns its twists and turns thanks to a committed cast and Nolan's acute direction.
½ January 16, 2018
One of the masterpieces ever made by Christopher Nolan before Dunkirk, Interstellar, and Inception. This is exactly what we want from a movie, although some people will not enjoy this movie. Its atmosphere makes us confused who the antagonist is in this movie, why is it told in reverse, what is actually at the end of the story? All of that will be explained at the end and beginning of this movie.
½ January 5, 2018
If you haven't seen it don't read anything about it, just watch it.
January 5, 2018
Didn't know that movies could be this amazing. One of the best movies of all time!!!!
December 26, 2017
Christopher Nolan's "Memento" is the type of movie you have to pay super close attention to when watching it and is one you want to have repeat viewings of. This is due to the intricate way the story is told, which is in reverse. The premise is intriguing and I was pretty much hooked as soon as the movie started. I felt myself recapping the previous scenes during every scene just so I could keep up. It's a movie that teases your brain and creates a puzzle that is thoroughly involving. I also feel Guy Pearce is very good in this movie and his character is fascinating. I think this is a slower movie than Nolan's other works, but it is still an entertaining movie to watch.
½ December 25, 2017
F

8.2

[Christopher Nolan]
December 19, 2017
Memento is an excellently written movie written by Christopher Nolan and his brother and directed by Christopher Nolan. Guy Pearce gives a great lead performance as a cop who suffers from short term memory loss after a head injury. The movie is definitely confusing to follow due to scenes being repeated a lot to show other parts as well as some flashbacks but it ends up all making sense and that's what makes the movie what it is.