Memento - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Memento Reviews

½ July 24, 2016
A highly intelligent script and fantastic film editing!
July 19, 2016
It does drag at certain part's and it's definitely not Nolan's best work, but with good performances and an unorthodox approach to the reverse chronological order is originally unique.
½ July 19, 2016
An intellectually stimulating and expertly edited exercise in storytelling built upon two alternating threads that move in opposite directions (the main one backwards and a black-and-white subplot forward) until they converge in the end, making us undergo the same disorientation of its character.
July 14, 2016
um dos melhores de todos os tempos.
½ July 4, 2016
I thought rated this...but I guess I forgot
½ June 21, 2016
After watching Memento you'll want Nolan to go back to lower budget films. It's exciting, thought-provoking, full of twists and Nolan's most solid script
½ June 21, 2016
Memento has one of them moments were it's back to the middle or back to the start half way through the movie. Guy Pearce plays a man by the name of Leonard who has short-term memory loss, but sort of knows his way around how to get what he wants and that's the person who killed his wife. Great movie.
½ June 12, 2016
So so good. Pearce is really good.
½ June 11, 2016
you gotta watch this movie
June 5, 2016
THERE WILL BE SPOILERS (IN TERMS OF HOW THE MOVIE WAS SHOT AND EDITED) READ FURTHER AT YOUR OWN WILL AND RISK.

Memento is an amazing movie, the idea of the movie is basic but is used and executed brilliantly and once you watch the movie it's pretty obvious, to know as to why it is. This movie was the breakthrough movie for Christopher Nolan and that, as well, is very easy to know as to why it was. The editing was nicely done, the story came to me as a surprise, as I didn't think it would be, this good. All the actors performed well, but Guy Pearce performed his role brilliantly, this will be one of, if not the most memorable role for him. The movie is in reverse, well not exactly, before watching the movie I knew that the movie would be in reverse or in a weird order. But after the 5 minutes or so, it was pretty clear to understand as what was happening. The movie unfolds in a very, different way, and an a very odd way, something which was a very risky, yet intelligent and unique way Christopher Nolan chose.
½ May 21, 2016
An unprecedented cinematic achievement.
May 20, 2016
This is and always will be my favorite movie of all time. The performances are spectacular, the plot is thought-provoking and the ending is brilliant and unexpected. The twists and turns of the story, the action, the cinematography, witty dialogue, and most of all, the way that Nolan was able to turn the beginning of a story into an ending with a bang is what makes this movie a certifiable masterpiece.
May 14, 2016
Excellent. I can't believe I've finally gotten around to watching all of Christopher Nolan's films (I have 'The Prestige' on DVD, but have yet to see it), but it's been well worth the wait. There are a couple of handful of English-language directors operating right now that I will make sure I watch every single film of, and Nolan has become one of those for me, and rightfully so. A very fine twist on the noir framework.
May 11, 2016
The ultimate puzzle movie. With extremely unique style of story telling, good acting, and mind bends, Christopher Nolan delivers a masterpiece even before inception and the dark night trilogy.
½ May 11, 2016
nolans best work so far a mind twisting movie you just have to watch twice
½ April 29, 2016
Clever and flawless! Everything here happens for a reason and you have to be wake and patient to know it. If you dislike challenging movies and are not prepared for multiple viewing don't even start with this. This is film making at its best!
April 24, 2016
Memento (2000) ? 1/2
A man who struggles remembering things that just happened (Guy Pearce; undeniably well cast) uses strange resources to retrain his memory, and his plan is to solve his wife's murder. A few astonishing moments, and a lot of pretentious ones. Worsens even more by the finale stretch, where it has nothing to say.
April 22, 2016
Just about everything works. Everything is told through Leonard Shelby's eyes, because you know as much as he does. On a second viewing, you notice little clues for the many knots in the story. So, if you watch this, watch it again the next day.
April 15, 2016
Christopher Nolan's second feature film is a cult cinematic masterpiece, intricately woven together through excellent storytelling and it's infamous non-linear plot structure. It's hard to forget about this fantastic film.