Memento - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Memento Reviews

June 24, 2017
A thrilling story that is brilliantly structured, written without a flaw, and performed with authenticity. Christopher Nolan set a stunning precedent with this masterpiece, which was preceded and has been followed by the like ever since.
½ June 24, 2017
Hot dang was this film a thrill ride! I enjoyed it from start to finish.
½ June 24, 2017
9.2/10
I thought about this movie to many times but I 100% agree with the Youtube video

Memebto Explained [ Sub Ita ]
Debbie Sanna

Although the score is lower this movie is far better than the dark knight rises because of ORIGINTALITY.
June 21, 2017
More a puzzle than a meaningful story
June 1, 2017
A film with a very elaborate assembly and development.
½ May 31, 2017
This left me absolutely cold. I got through it, but frankly wish I hadn't bothered.
May 29, 2017
8/10

In conclusion, this movie had a stellar story, acting and cinematography but I think its primary area of success comes from the fantastic gimmick uses throughout. Would Recommend.

This movie is incredibly interesting and keeps you hooked all the way through. That said, I think that the movie's primary strength is its great gimmick. It's a gimmick movie, no doubt about that, but it does actually have enough substance to back it up.

Technically speaking, this movie is excellent. The editing in this movie is phenomenal and the way that Nolan uses it to tell the story backwards is really just brilliant.

They say that Guy Pearce is never the answer and I would usually agree with the exception of this movie. He plays a genuinely troubled man and I bought him in every scene he was in. You could really feel how his character arc reverses throughout the movie and the movie wouldn't be as good as it is without his amazing performance. Carrie Anne-Mosse was also pretty good as Natalie but I do think that most people could have played her and don't think that Anne-Mosse actually added anything special to the role. Joey Pantolino was actually great as Teddy and really convinced me of his character. All the acting was great in this movie and really helps drive this movie. All the characters in the movie are also great and work as the main force of this movie.

I adore the story for this movie. It's intriguing. It's intense. It's a mind {INSERT PROFANITY HERE} if there ever was one. Add that to Nolan's spectacular non-linear storytelling and you have a phenomenal story. I do actually think that the way Nolan presented this story was the primary driving force of it. In what's become typical Nolan fashion, the ending is mysterious and only furthers the genius of this film's script.

Memento is a movie that is told in reverse. There is no real way to explain how awesome that is and how well that works other than to write this review in the same way. The driving force of this movie is the gimmick of it and that is okay because Nolan also provided us enough substance and meat to keep the potatoes edible. Guy Pearce gives one of his best performances as Leonard Shelby. The other supporting cast are also pretty good and the help drive this movie. It's mainly down to Nolan's unique script and insane mind that make this movie shine. I can't pick out my obvious flaws other than I can see many people not being satisfied with the ending of this movie. That is understandable because it took my a few hours to compile my thoughts on it. If you can take the mind {INSERT PROFANITY HERE} of Nolan's ingenious writing, you'll probably enjoy this movie.

'MEMENTO' was directed by Christopher Nolan and stars Guy Pearce, Carrie Anne-Mossee and Joey Pantolino. It's the story of Leonard Shelby(Guy Pearce), a man with short term memory loss, who attempts to hunt down the man who murdered his wife and gave him his condition.
May 20, 2017
Clever and fascinating film which resolves in an surprising way.
½ May 16, 2017
What a ride of a movie! It's one of those movies you have to watch twice.
May 14, 2017
A witty twist to the thriller genre!
½ May 4, 2017
An interesting thriller from Christopher Nolan. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. (First and only viewing -3/10/2010)
½ May 4, 2017
72% - Memento is a well-made thriller as the nonlinear storyline is used extremely well in this movie.
½ April 24, 2017
Intricately interesting plot that, like many intricately interesting plots do, betrays logic and misleads the viewer. I have to stop trusting movies that are obviously building to a conclusion that has to be so grandiose that it could never satisfy the elaborate groundwork that's been established.

I did love the gimmick of watching the movie in reverse, though.
½ April 22, 2017
A skillfully directed, well acted and extremely intriguing piece of film.
April 17, 2017
Sorry, but... this is a case of The Emperor's New Clothes for me. I just don't get the hoopla about how "great" this film is. You watch it "hoping" something will happen. Never does. i don't like movies that don't engage me, or that keep me looking at the clock wondering when it will end. Just don't get it.
April 16, 2017
very well put together little movie
April 8, 2017
I finally gave this a re-watch the other night after what I can only guess is at least 15 years or so of having it in the collection, as it's one of those movies that's so great, you kinda put off returning to it to savor it properly.

The story of a man who can't make new memories desperately trying to search for his wife's killer, we follow Guy Pearce as he tattoos vital info on his body to help him piece together clues, interspersed with flashbacks to fill in gaps int he films fractured narrative.

Great stuff, and well worth another look

Recommended.
½ March 27, 2017
????? ????????? ????????? ??????. ????????? ?????, ???? ????? ???????. ????? ?????? ? ???, ??? ?? ????? ???????, ??????? ?? ???????, ????? ?? ???? ???????? , ????? ??????
½ March 27, 2017
The movie is quite overrated. The concept was interesting but no it's not good.
March 25, 2017
A puzzle from the start. I had to watch this movie 3 times to understand it and of course because I enjoyed it so much. One of my all time favorites.