Michael Clayton - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Michael Clayton Reviews

½ May 7, 2018
i know it's a long way..

Michael Clayton

As much as detailed it is, the feature wanders off onto surface where even though character has offered enough range and room to fill in, it still feels disconnected somewhat. The writing is witty especially on the protagonist for it is portrayed to have potential and superior than any other characters and still it goes into its desperate and vulnerable zone that helps ground the feature. Tony Gilroy; the writer-director, has done some appreciative research and work in this project which pays off well in here. George Clooney has done a decent work in it and is supported with a great cast like Tilda Swinton and Tom Wilkinson. Michael Clayton peeps into the whole "law" world and manages to make it more from it and if it had gripping screenplay, the feature would have easily entered major league.
½ April 7, 2018
Revisiting a film like 'MICHAEL CLAYTON' in 2018, just over 10 years since its debut, yields depressing results, as we see that pretty much nothing has changed in the world of corporate law since 2007 with regards to these untouchable massive companies. Tony Gilroy directed a film that studies the worst of the worst (U/North in his script) and some of the outnumbered honest players (Clooney's Clayton) who try and tackle the big man behind the suits. Clooney does what he does best, portraying the tired, cynical-seeming middle-aged man with all the odds stacked against him, but the combination of Gilroy's masterfully crafted direction and Clooney's sharp-as-ever talent delivers riveting results. An important film about difficult to digest issues that succeeds as one of the best legal thrillers of the new century.
March 10, 2018
Led by some terrific performances, "Michael Clayton" is a tightened coil that's ready to spring.
February 12, 2018
Disappointed in the lack of character development but damn, that ending is good.
½ January 31, 2018
Very strong movie; beautifully written and acted. Not sure why audience score isn't higher. I guess if you're looking for mindless, disposable entertainment, this won't be your bag, but it sure is an excellent film.
January 23, 2018
Smart and elegant, 'Michael Clayton' is a well-scripted legal drama that shows off Clooney's wide acting talents and Tom Wilkinson's chilling and intense acting. This is a top-notch conspiracy thriller and a definite masterpiece by Tony Gilroy.
December 28, 2017
I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, though the break in the continuity of the movie should have been done better. I also found the car bomb scene a little scant in believability. Overall, pretty good though.
December 28, 2017
3/5. For a movie about a fixer, Michael Clayton doesn't fix much. This film is one I really wanted to love, but I just can't. The story isn't interesting enough and I've seen far superior legal thrillers. While Michael Clayton is an ok film, it isn't much more than that.
December 28, 2017
This movie went nowhere. It was slow and boring.
December 9, 2017
One of Clooney's best roles.
½ November 17, 2017
Excellent. My favourite Clooney movie. Tilda Swinton, as usual, is stunning. As is Wilkinson.
November 12, 2017
Older but very enjoyable. Not totally unpredictable, but who cares! A fun whodunit.
½ November 12, 2017
The film has aged well, mostly because it's shadowy world of lawyers, mobsters, conglomerates, and hitmen feels more relevant than ever. Gilroy's screenplay if filled with a lot more wit than your standard legal thriller. Clooney has never been better in any movie before or since.
½ October 2, 2017
Practically perfect!
July 28, 2017
Superior legal thriller with a great script and wonderful performances by an excellent cast.
June 19, 2017
An intriguing and well paced legal thriller which hits the nail on the head. Acting is on point all round especially from George Clooney and Tilda Swindon respectively. Michael Clayton is an attorney who is solving a case which involves his friend Arthur and along the way stumbles across several obstacles. For film fans, this is unmissable as audiences are treated to an exquisite screenplay by Tony Gilroy who also takes the directors seat. Overall, it's thought provoking and comes highly recommended!
½ June 10, 2017
Unbearably slow. There is nothing thrilling here. It made me sleepy. (First and only viewing - 6/5/2017)
½ June 9, 2017
My main issue with Michael Clayton is that despite what the synopsis may suggest, the corporate intrigue that goes on seems to only effect Clooney's character come the third act. Until then he is at best scratching unknowingly on the outside of something of which Clayton and the players of this intrigue are both unaware of each others existence. The film also wants to give time to Clayton's personal issues, mainly the debt that he is in which seems to just be a distraction from the U-North drama. The story might be a bit muddled and of course Hollywood unrealistic but it is certainly well acted. George Clooney, Tom Wilkinson, Tilda Swinton, all impress. It is unfortunate that given the other factors that while this is a decent film I really don't see any need to see this ever again.
½ May 31, 2017
slow going in the beginning as the story builds, but, good suspense overall
½ May 15, 2017
"I'm Shiva the goddess of death."