Midnight in Paris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight in Paris Reviews

½ April 30, 2019
Its always nice to see a charmer that's clean and pleasing yet thought-provoking. Fueled by a great ensemble and the beautiful city that is Paris, Woody Allen tells a rather fantastical tale that then so seamlessly and transitions into a very much real discussion about the present and our longing for the past, our "golden age". The storytelling is very creative and fantastical and yet it very much still feels real and relatable, as if we too could meet Fitzgerald and Hemingway at midnight! After all that great stuff though, I was really put off by that quarrel scene and when Gil walks off with Lea Seydoux, both of which felt really lazy. But overall this is still a strong film that's worth your time.
April 18, 2019
I didn't finish it was so boring.
March 1, 2019
It's a 'great' movie. I am not giving you the spoilers because if you watch the trailer of this movie you don't get idea the where the lead character hanging out with in midnight right! Thats going to the main and most funn thing in this movie. As the comedy it won't disappoint you at all, its very good narrative story.. and the music just as perfect to this movie. In deed you end up after this movie as verry happily i bet you that! Its totally worth it.
February 13, 2019
4/5. It's a little pretentious and I don't love the main character, but Midnight in Paris is an interesting film with excellent writing, an engaging story and some excellent performances, especially by Corey Stoll.
February 8, 2019
D showed me the trailer for this movie. Def. want to see it! ^^
½ January 3, 2019
It's a near-perfect movie delivered sweetly from the one and only, Woody Allen. This is Owen Wilson at his best. Great plot twist; you can learn so much from this film. Corey Stoll, I judged him bad, he's such a great actor. What a time to be alive!
½ December 26, 2018
Il punto di forza del film e' senza dubbio una sceneggiatura tanto semplice quanto completa ed intelligente, in cui tutto torna in un puzzle fatto da tante piccole chicche narrative. Originalissima l'idea di base, che garantisce innovazione narrativa per via dell'unione di due realta' in fin dei conti non troppo diverse e il classico personaggio protagonista tipico del famoso regista. In poco meno di un'ora e mezza lascia sicuramente qualcosa, un breve ma intenso messaggio che risulta essere una spiccata e aspra critica della societa' moderna.
December 16, 2018
Saw it, expected something great, was disappointed. Plus, I just don't like Woody Allen anymore.
December 1, 2018
This is without a doubt my favourite Woody Allen movie !!! It is so good, I have watched it a million times.
½ November 26, 2018
What did I just watch? A pseudo-intellectual movie making fun of the pseudo-intellectual? Interesting concept, nice visuals, fun for history and writing buffs BUT it is about a rich white man who is purposely wants to make less money and doesn't see why anyone would want to live anywhere but Paris back in the day. This movie just does not hold up in 2018. Pretentious.
November 14, 2018
This film was great.
November 10, 2018
This film has so much charm, makes you fall in love with Paris while serving as a history lesson to all the great artist of the 1920's. Watching it once dosen't serve it justice, the more you watch it you will appreciate the intelligence that went into it and how beautiful Paris can be.
October 14, 2018
Is an outsanding and beautiful movie directed by Woody Allen. A good exemple of mixing old Hollywood clichés with an exemplar screenplay that I see reflected in this piece of cinematic beauty. The performances were really great, but subtle, with Owen Wilson, Marion Cottilard, Kathy Bates and Corey Stoll being the more surprising among this great assemble.
The cinematography and score were sublime and showed to me an Paris that we all dream of.
Overall an Oscar worthy movie with an unique aproach to a story and classic references.

CLASSIFICATION | 9.1/10
October 4, 2018
Well written and original Midnight In Paris carries an important message about romanticizing the past.
½ September 24, 2018
Like a walk in the park.
September 23, 2018
Hands down one of my favorite woody Allen films. woody captures the spirit and essence of the city and its romantic history with perfection!
August 25, 2018
Amazing. Just amazing!
½ July 8, 2018
it is not amazing or anything specially that Owen Wilson doesn't really fit and he's mimicking woody's movements and even hesitation moments, but I liked it. it is quite a nice movie to watch.
½ July 2, 2018
A charming and romantic story about longing for a more golden past age. I loved this movie and the sentimental story. I also loved the interesting take on the time travel aspect.
June 29, 2018
One of Woody Allen's best movies due to its charm, performances, 1920s feel, and interesting themes of nostalgia.