Midnight in Paris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight in Paris Reviews

½ January 4, 2017
**** 1/2 'Midnight in Paris' is an exceptional film, beautifully written and directed and featuring fantastic performances from everyone involved, especially Owen Wilson. It's a movie that I not only loved but related to in many ways. Highly recommended.
January 1, 2017
It's not a good movie to watch
½ December 25, 2016
Pretty minor Allen, elevated by Darius's beautiful wides and masters (the one-shots and close-ups are typically awkward) and the second half's subversion of all the nostalgia-worship that was happening. Rachel McAdams and her family are awful caricatures, and not in a funny way, either.
December 24, 2016
It's basically time travel in a more artistic way, an art history review to 20s century and la Belle Époque. The best summary I can think of is from F. Scott Fitzgerald: 'So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.'
December 17, 2016
Watch it. It's beautiful. Full stop.
December 17, 2016
In my opinion -- Midnight in Paris was an instant classic, even before finishing the film. I may of course be biased in my review, seeing as how Owen Wilson is one of my more favored actors. However, Midnight In Paris has a sentimental, sweet, charming, nostalgic, smooth and light tone to it. Something so beautiful, and soulful. It warms your heart watching it. The colorful characters, and small humors make this piece a joy to watch. The soundtrack was an absolute beauty. A literal symphony to the ears. In it's own way, Midnight in Paris makes all of us question our lives. Whether we really believe we are here at the right time or not. Although the ending is not what I would have wanted to happen, and some things are left unanswered. It is still enough of a closure to satisfy my thoughts on the future of our beloved protagonist. I struggle to find the right words to describe this lovely film. And that's what it is. Just lovely. 5 / 5 stars. Instant classic.
½ December 17, 2016
Reconozco que no soy el mayor fan de Woody Allen y que cuando fui a enfrentarme al visionado de esta cinta, iba sin ninguna expectativa, incluso escéptico.

Puede que fuera por eso que la pude disfrutar tanto. O quizás sea por sus grandes interpretaciones, repleta de actores conocidos haciendo un gran trabajo. O por su fotografía y diseño de producción que consiguen transportarnos del Paris moderno al clásico casi que lo podamos percibir. O por su fino humor y canto a la nostalgia (al mismo tiempo que nos regaña por dejarnos llevar tanto por esta).

Es sin duda una cinta inspiradora, y debería ser vista por toda persona que tenga cierta inquietud creativa.
December 16, 2016
Loved this film. And I loved the concept. You really feel Allen's appreciation for Cinema and Literature.
November 30, 2016
The best of what can be called, "the New Woody Allen Phase". On Blu-ray.
November 24, 2016
Only moderately overrated.
November 20, 2016
An enchanting, beautiful, mesmeric tale and Woody Allen's best film of the last decade.
½ November 6, 2016
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Woody Allen nos ofrece una magnífica obra de arte, que aprovecha perfectamente para criticar la insatisfacción creativa actual de la sociedad.
November 1, 2016
What a screenplay,Mr.Allen.
October 14, 2016
An excellent film that takes the viewer on a fantastic adventure in the city of lights.
½ October 12, 2016
I would definitely recommend Midnight in Paris. There are a lot of beautiful street scenes of Paris both during the day and during the night, which gives the movie an overall romantic feel, which is aligned to the main character, a veteran Hollywood writer who is working on his first novel, and is prehoney-mooning in Paris with his fiancé and his in-laws. Although they are engaged, his fiancé and he do not end up spending too much time together. One night, when he is walking back to his hotel, he is invited to get into a passing car, and soon finds himself embarking on an adventure where he is socializing with famous artists and writers, who ultimately help him, not only with his writing, but also allows him to find out what he really wants. Colorful characters, charm, and romance can be found in Midnight in Paris.
½ October 8, 2016
Midnight in Paris features comedy jewel Owen Wilson in a more serious role, as a lonely engaged writer who somehow visits Paris in the 20's at midnight while on vacation in modern-day Paris with his ever-negative wife (McAdams). This is one of Woody Allen's best films, featuring beautiful scenery, big romance and a star-studded cast of characters. I've watched it about 5 times and it never gets old. As far as I'm concerned, it's a must-own and a smart, sincere picture.
October 2, 2016
I see a reality in the fantasy world which involved history, past, and great figures that ever lived in this Earth!
½ September 28, 2016
Midnight in Paris is an ok movie not the best film I've seen in miles for it's not the worst movie I've ever seen either.
I care the point of the movie and there were some scenes I thought was pretty good but also some scenes that didn't even make since.
This film had an okay story, some good acting, ok music and some funny jokes here and there.
But even though there are some good moments there are some bad ones that are stupid but also predictable at times.
Overall Midnight in Paris is an okay movie I give it a 5.0 out of 10 not good not bad if you want to watch it I'd give it at least one viewing and see what you think.
September 17, 2016
Smart, funny and Charming I don't want more than those three to say that this is a Great woody allen movie
September 14, 2016
Enthralling, Slick, and Surrealistic! After years of hit & miss, Allen carefully hits a homerun with this one. He pays tribute to his favorite writers and artists. Captivating cinematography, bright witty dialogue, & the performances make "Midnight in Paris" nothing short of greatness.