Midnight in Paris - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Midnight in Paris Reviews

Page 1 of 423
May 9, 2018
A magical, nostalgic Woody Allen concoction with an Oscar winning screenplay. One of Allen's best films, period.
April 23, 2018
In this charming Woody Allen film that earned three Oscar nods, Owen Wilson finds himself traveling back to the 1920s every night to find inspiration from his idols and in doing so, creates a beautiful romantic comedy that embraces Paris, art, and literature.
April 17, 2018
Quem nunca desejou ter nascido em uma época diferente da sua por se sentir deslocado em sua própria realidade, que parece não te compreender ou te satisfazer. E é nesse dilema que nosso protagonista interpretador por Owen Wilson está vivendo, completamente apaixonado por uma cidade que ele não mora e por uma época que ele não vive, busca inspiração para escrever seu romance enquanto se descobre na cidade de Paris.

Se você não é muito familiarizado com grandes nomes da literatura e da pintura assim como eu, ficara perdido com a quantidade de personagens que são apresentados, o que pode ser um prato cheio para alguns e um saco para outros, pois Woody Allen não está preocupado em dar alguma logica ao aparecimento desse personagens, mas sim criar um sentimento de perplexidade também sentido pelo protagonista.

O diretor que é tão conhecido pela sutilidade em suas histórias, comete alguns deslizes aqui, trazendo muitos diálogos expositivos sobre a mensagem do filme que não eram necessários, assim como algumas cenas gratuitas que não agregam em nada a narrativa, mas apenas te tiram da história. Assim como uma quantidade desnecessária de figuras históricas que são apresentadas e logo abandonadas pelo roteiro sem qualquer utilidade.

Midnight in Paris é uma ótima retratação da autodescoberta e do sentimento de deslocação, com um ideia criativa que por muitas vezes não se sustenta, não justificando a uma e meia do filme, mas que entretêm e diverte, além de cenários incríveis dessa cidade linda que é Paris .
April 12, 2018
I loved it !One of my all time favourites.Just watched again and still my fav Woody Allen.A sheer delight
April 2, 2018
Amazing if you like Paris. Makes me want to buy a plane ticket, fly to Paris and walk the streets aimlessly.
March 28, 2018
Easy to watch, simple plot to follow. Owen Wilson's breezy style fits perfectly with this film.
March 16, 2018
One of my all-time favorites. Definitely in the Top 3.
½ March 2, 2018
2018-3-3 Looked at those placed and missed the days in Paris. That is a place where once you've been there, you wanted to move there.
February 19, 2018
I think that this movie really tells a message that our present-day world is in need of. It aims to make us understand that we should escape more often the rules that govern our daily life, our society, our entourage, everything that surrounds us and makes us act like some robotized creatures, dominated by mercantilism and falsity. It tells the story of the intellectual who confronts himself with so-called social problems because of his different way of seeing and experiencing life. Paris is a portal for the protagonist through which he accesses the past eras that he thinks he belongs to, but also the change of the living ambient that reveals the differences between his and his wife's ways of seeing things and living. Great script, the movie is catchy from start to end.
February 18, 2018
This was a witty film. The character of Hemingway had me laughing out loud every time he talked, and Kathy Bates as Gertrude Stein was casting genius.
February 13, 2018
Allen handles rom-com conventions in the best way possible. "Midnight in Paris" never drags or cloys thanks to relatable main character.
February 12, 2018
Wonderful film! I really enjoyed this one. And I'm not an Owen Wilson fan. So, that says something.
February 1, 2018
This movie is welcome. It is also welcoming which is just as important. The mood is perfect and it is the Twenties music, the Golden Age of American literature references and the beautiful background of Paris that makes this watchable. Besides that, the plot, whatever small amount that is here, is fairly predictable but watchable. Although overstated, the movie's opinion on nostalgia and accepting the past, but living in the present for the future, is a good theme. Vicky Cristina Barcelona is better and although they are similar, Midnight In Paris is unique enough.
½ January 30, 2018
This Woody Allen fantasy comedy contains a very unusual plot which travels through time. Superb settings and costumes but I sometimes found the acting a little staged. Wilson plays a typical Woody Allen character. AAN GGN AFI
½ January 28, 2018
A shallow, pretentious movie about whiny rich people. The only characters with any real depth were the supporting characters.
½ January 27, 2018
I actually really loved this movie. The wife did too. However, the conspiracy tangled in this website and this movie leave me no choice but to leave it with a one star. W00dy @ll3n I will see u in hell, but not because I'm there, when I'm passing over.
December 24, 2017
M-F-O

8.7

[Woody Allen]
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Woody Allen nos ofrece una magnífica obra de arte, que aprovecha perfectamente para criticar la insatisfacción creativa actual de la sociedad.
October 18, 2017
A good message and some charming shots of Paris, but Owen Wilson is such an awfully awkward character that it is hard to appreciate. The plot also falls a bit flat and is both predictable and uninspiring. Thankfully the depictions of some of the period characters were done quite well.
October 17, 2017
Esse filme é simplesmente sensacional consegue por alívio cômico na medida certa além de ter personagens bastante carismáticos
Page 1 of 423