The Mighty Ducks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Mighty Ducks Reviews

October 8, 2017
This is great Disney movie for my childhood
October 6, 2017
one Of My Favorite Movies
August 19, 2017
It might be cheesy as all hell and not terribly original at that, but The Mighty Ducks has plenty of heart and charisma, and in this case it's enough to get by.
May 30, 2017
Every now and then I watch a movie from my childhood and I just hope it will be as good as what i remembered as a kid. You have to understand that at that time of my life , I wasn't able to understand english , making me question my 10 year old judgement evwn more. All I can say is that the movie holds up and as an adult , it just adds a layer of deepnes that I really enjoyed.
the movie is still funny and enjoyable and made it to remain a classic you will want to watch again with the family.
May 29, 2017
The mighty ducks is a good movie! What a good Comedy to watch this movie makes me laugh. Amelio Estevez was great in this movie. I don't know why people are not about this movie, I am about this movie!! Go ducks!!
½ March 12, 2017
It's The Mighty Ducks. The first of three movies may not be a classic sports flick, but anyone growing up with it and young enough to not care so heavily about every little flaw of the movie will enjoy this. I still try to start the "quack" chant at minor league hockey games. If you can even somewhat enjoy this film, you should find its sequels even more enjoyable.
February 18, 2017
Don't think you have to like hockey to like this film. One of my favorite films growing up as a kid.
January 6, 2017
Growing up in Canada, it was inevitable that hockey would be a part of my life. Sure, my hockey career ending up being 6 years of ball hockey with only three goals to my name, but hockey will always be a part of my life. As for hockey being a part of my childhood, a major factor in that is the film The Mighty Ducks. This film is so special to me. Since I cheered for a team that to this day has never won a championship, The Mighty Ducks gave me a team I can route for, bond with, and SPOILER ALERT, see them win the championship. Oh, come on, you know how this movie is going to end before you even watch it. With every sports film, that is always a downside. It is extremely rare where the team does not win the final game to win the championship. That is often the main complaint people have with this film, that the formula is pretty standard. I would have to agree with them on that but I don't believe that that is necessarily a bad thing. Yes, it has all the tropes as other 90's kids sports film, like how all the players on the other team are all evil jerks and that the main team are a bunch of misfits (Which always has to include a fat kid, a kid with glasses, a kid with daddy issues, and at least one girl in the group of all the boys) but they are all done well. All the kids that play for the Mighty Ducks are all great. They may not have been written that way, but they cast a great group of kids to round out the team. You remember most of them and what they were about. I should also add that the humour is really great in this movie. I was actually surprised about how many swear words Disney allowed into this film. Sure, Gordon Bombay doesn't drop the F-Bomb every time he gets scored on, but the occasional, "damn straight", "crap", "weird-ass" and "bastard" are thrown in there. Strange to see Disney let that in, but I digress. Some others have a problem with one particular portion of the movie which I won't spoil. I noticed it too and it was a little distracting, but let's just say that some characters' act different than their characters should, and one giant moment of luck happens for the team that is basically brought out of nowhere. A real Ex Machina moment. So, that was a little distracting watching this as an adult, but watching it now so many years later, I can really appreciate all the character moments with Gordon Bombay, the coach. As a kid, I never understood all the lawyer talk and the relationship between him and his boss, and between him and one of the player's mothers. I can see clearly now, the true change that the character goes through. It's not simply a crappy team becoming good and winning the championship, it's about a person who lost sight of what is truly important in life and through hockey and his new team, he just might find what that is. Add in a surprisingly good musical score, and you have, in my opinion, one of the best films to show your kids. Sure, the story has been done to death by now, but kids need to be introduced to it somehow, might as well introduce them to it with a good movie... and The Mighty Ducks is a great movie!
December 16, 2016
Great movie and a big part of any kid who grew up in the late 90's and early 2000's childhood. Take it for what it is, a funny movie that kids who love hockey will love.
½ December 1, 2016
Un abogado de Minneapolis se ve obligado a prestar servicio a la comunidad, por conducir en estado de ebriedad y exceso de velocidad. Se hará cargo de un equipo de chicos y chicas que quieren aprender a jugar al Hockey. Su misión: sacarlos buenos! Con Emilio Estevez como el DT Gordon Bombay
October 3, 2016
A movie that I try to watch anytime, great!
August 27, 2016
Might ducks it a funny movie to watch I like Gordon in this movie he is sarcastic and rude at times. My two favorite characters were Gordon and Charlie. Charlie was a good role model to playing hockey. My favorite line was when Gordon said to Riley you're going down meaning he was going to lose. So if you are looking for s comity in hockey movie this could be right for you to see!!
The music in the background of this movie is good all the mighty ducks series is learning how to become a team
August 25, 2016
Growing up in the early 90's, this movie motivated to be play street hockey and played through my early childhood. Kids classic and has hidden jokes that are pretty advance of it's time. Watch again and listen carefully. I felt that the pressure on a elementary kid "Bombay" was a bit much in the movie. That one shot ruined the kid and his love for hockey. Regardless I grew up watching this movie and forever has my love for the characters and the Ducks theme song.
August 15, 2016
One of the greatest movies all time. If you don't consider this a classic sports movie then idk what you're doing with your life. Your eyes, heart and mind need to be re-examined. The Flying V!? Come on people!
½ August 9, 2016
Typical sports comedy about an alcoholic lawyer who must coach a team of misfits as community service.
July 6, 2016
Pretty much the bad news bears of the 90's!
May 19, 2016
An absolute childhood classic. I love it
March 18, 2016
In another of his emotionally blistering performances, Emilio Estevez plays a cynical grown-up whose cold heart is warmed by coaching a kids sports team. Only this time its hockey, instead of baseball, or soccer, or the 20 other times we've seen this stuff.
March 16, 2016