Mike Bassett: England Manager Reviews

• Feb 08, 2015

Fantastic football comedy.

Fantastic football comedy.

• Oct 08, 2014

Classic mockumentary. Looks painfully outdated now but still stands up comedy-wise.

• May 08, 2014

funnier than expected could have been alot better but this mockumentary film about a lower league manager becoming the international english teams manager has a joke at every corner and a semi circle in the middle or something, also the lead is is your man out of the royle family i dont watch the royle family but my family like the royle family and i dont mean the royle family as in the queen and prince harry i mean the tv show the royle family not that my family have anything against the royal family im sure they dont, but they might.

• Oct 02, 2012

This movie is just a must watch for all fotball fans, i laught my socks of :)

This movie is just a must watch for all fotball fans, i laught my socks of :)

• Sep 04, 2012

A film of two halves, this starts off quite weak and fizzles out quickly. If you don't turn it off after 20-30mins during England's qualifiers, the pace improves ever so slightly when England reach Brazil. The jokes don't though - for me, it was only the slight nostalgic value of seeing Ronaldo, Pele' and that bloke who used to present the sport on Anglia, that made it halfway bearable. I was going to rate this 4/10, but I'll reluctantly admit to smirking slightly at Atomic Kitten's appearance and just being reminded of the halcyon days of On The Ball with Gabby Logan & Barry Venison is surely worth another half a star. Like an England penalty shootout, 5/10

• Aug 23, 2012

England will play 4-4 f*****g 2!!!

England will play 4-4 f*****g 2!!!

• Jun 10, 2012

Hilarious in places just a shame they couldn't get proper licensing from the FA. 7/10

• May 19, 2012

Painfully true, the England Manager's dilemma. I had a good laugh, I love that his claim to fame was winning at Norwich.

• May 19, 2012

Couple of funny moments but was expecting more.

Couple of funny moments but was expecting more.

• Apr 14, 2012

If you're of the age when Venables' reign as England manager hold your fondest memories of the national game and you're looking for some lowest common denominator humour, this is the film for you. It's pretty consistent and there are chuckles throughout, and if you're a fan of Tomlinson then that's probably worth an extra 1/2 star.