Minions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Minions Reviews

November 27, 2016
A kid's film made for the sole purpose of justifying one of the largest ad campaigns in history. It's got more filler than substance. It is a waste of talent.
November 26, 2016
Entertaining, yet not on the same par as other animated films (Zootopia, The Incredibles, etc.) in terms of a narrative to remember for all ages.
November 26, 2016
No this spin off of the Despicable Me series doesn't break any new ground or in all honesty is it going to be one of the great animated films over time but what it did do was make me laugh consistently throughout and since that is clearly the main objective of this film then it more than succeeds. It also looks great, has a solid cast and the soundtrack is stellar.
½ November 25, 2016
Minions is a fun, action-packed and colorful.
A well-matched by the year 1968 the film has a good atmosphere.
But why people are animated reality meager?
Still Minions manage to make you laugh.
½ November 24, 2016
Minions seems like a cute idea, but it isn't and the humor is rather crass for younger kids.
½ November 23, 2016
Not as bad as everyone said it is. Not that great though either. A fun children's movie.
½ November 22, 2016
Mischievously entertaining! What a cute movie. Sandra was lovely! I couldn't help but see my triplet nephews as the three leads here.....type casting lol.
½ November 21, 2016
Nice creation, a bit crazy. The minions would the perfect suck-ups since they always doom the most despicable masters, and they seek just that kind of master. It has a flavour of descendants of french royals escapee in england after the french revolution. It is kid-silly most of the time, so surly a good time for them. I admit I slept through a bit of it but woke up early enough to not miss any of the the London-damaging ending.
½ November 20, 2016
This movie was bizarre. But it was funny, and it had a great soundtrack.

I should give a movie that kept me laughing the whole time more stars....but...it was just so...strange...in parts. Especially that married villain duo - freaking weird. Watch it, though, so you know what I am talking about.
November 19, 2016
A great movie to watch with your kiddos.
November 15, 2016
Minions gives American animation a bad name, it's lazily made and proudly has no plot, properly written script or character development whatsoever in favor of giving us 2 hours of the little yellow guys shouting a baby-talk language we can't understand and wrecking stuff and making lots of accidents. Universal Studios probably shouldn't compete with Pixar and Sony in the animated movie business.
November 15, 2016
Funny and enjoyable story that takes you back to the beginning of the sequels and how the minions came to be.
November 14, 2016
Awesome ! A must see! Laughable and quite entertaining.
½ November 12, 2016
Very funny and cool seeing how it all started!
November 9, 2016
Minions is based off the popular characters minions from the despicable me movies and yes it is a spinoff and usually spinoffs fail miserably thankfully this is not one of those times but minions does have its fare share of problems the villain is weak the story isn't all that interesting some of the jokes fall flat and and the voice acting kind of sucked Evan though it had a great cast but there are also lots of things to like in minions the animation is great sometimes the jokes can be hilarious and John Hamm is funny although minions has its share of flaws it also has strong points this one is more for the kiddies but it isn't the worst thing to come out this year
November 5, 2016
The one of the best Despicable Me movies ever made!
½ October 31, 2016
A pretty solid film, but the Minions work far better as side characters than as the basis for their own film.
October 30, 2016
Minions (2015) - 59%
Can be compared to making a Star Wars film about Ewoks. The Minions movie is enough to keep the family entertained, but the likelihood of anyone wanting to watch the film for the second time is little.
October 24, 2016
pleas let me see and i will buy some videos
October 23, 2016
Un film d'animazione pensato esclusivamente per un pubblico infantile. PotrÓ sembrare una strategia commerciale vincente, visti i risultati al box office, ma da un punto di vista critico e maturo si tratta di un film piatto, di basso umorismo e quasi ridicolo.