Misery - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Misery Reviews

January 14, 2017
i wish I went into this movie clueless about what was going to happen. Oh well. *great movie
January 14, 2017
This movie based off of the Stephen King novel of the same name was nothing short of creepy. But creepy is one of the best type of horror film. Kathy Bates played an extraordinary part as Annie Wilkes, the villain of the movie. She also won 3 awards for her part.
January 5, 2017
Very good, excellent casting, BUT! ...the book's better.
½ December 17, 2016
It's a classic, but a little dated. Worth seeing, but not my favorite.
December 11, 2016
Il pi¨ bel film che abbia mai visto! Kathy Bates Ŕ fantastica e anche james caan non Ŕ male, nonostante il film sia ambientato per la maggior parte in una stanza, la tensione non cala mai. ╚ la perfetta trasposizione del romanzo di stephen king.
December 3, 2016
Tense, exciting and at times gruesome, Misery adeptly explores the fine line between devoted fan and twisted psychopath, and features Kathy Bates' terrifying, hilarious performance as a caretaker losing her grip on reality.
½ November 21, 2016
i bet all celebs would love to have fans like these lol
½ November 3, 2016
Solid 7/10. Acting and story were both great, but it was not the top tier film I was expecting. Average story that was elevated by the acting and brilliance from the source material's author.
November 3, 2016
Bate's performance is excellent, the movie includes some suspense. However, it repeats itself several times without any impressive plot and a dissapointing ending. James Caan performance is fine, due to the fact that the role restricted the actor to show his acting skills.The film is worth watching mainly for Bate's portrayial of Annie Wilkes.
½ October 20, 2016
Excepcional suspense baseado em uma obra do Stephen King.
October 19, 2016
Great stuff. Particularly from Bates. But you knew that already.
½ September 28, 2016
Misery is directed by Rob Reiner, and it stars James Caan and Kathy Bates in a Stephen King adaptation about an author who accidentally got himself in a car crash, but got rescued by his number 1 fan Anne Wilkes (Kathy Bates) and wanted to see his next book that he's writing. When she didn't like what happened, she goes on psycho on Paul Sheldon (James Caan) and keeps him inside her house. In his young years, Rob Reiner used to be a big deal in terms of the films that he has made, but then he starts to slips away in his films that people wonder ask, what happened to Rob Reiner? When I watch his past films to see how it came to be, even though I didn't like This Is Spinal Tap, I come to a realization that he just surrounded himself with talented writers that know how to write a film, whether it be from Aaron Sorkin for A Few Good Men and The American President, Nora Ephron for When Harry Met Sally..., and William Goldman for The Princess Bride, and this movie. James Caan did a great job acting like a calm person trying to go through with the situation that he's in, while dealing with the pain of his legs. Kathy Bates did a fantastic job of her performance as a big fan of the author that is nice in one hand, but the other way she goes complete crazy, and also get depressed too in one scene, which I'm glad she got the Academy Award for it. The writing by William Goldman is really good that understands how scary people can be when they are a bit too obsessed with who they enjoy reading their books. It gets pretty tense at times as you really want the author to get out of her house despite his legs being in pain, and it can be hard to watch at times, but in a good way that makes you more invested in this. There were some moments that I was disinterested, but I still had a great time watching this film that it's one of the creepiest Stephen King adaptations that I've seen.
September 24, 2016
Tense, adrenaline pumping moments, with nothing but pity for one and fear of the other. The sugary sweet turns very sour. Misery indeed loves company.
September 13, 2016
Kathy Bates plays a crazed fan of an author played by James Caan, who has a terrible car accident. After the crazed fan stalking him, she ends up saving him and appears to be nurturing him back to health until she can't bear to have him leave. Or was that her plan all along? The crazed fan reads the unpublished final book of the popular series he writes, in which the main character dies. She then forces him to write another version of the book and forces him to burn his own version. Kathy Bates' performance is to die for in this film as she plays the quirky crazed fan to a T. It's amusing yet terrifying at some points, and it's a film that I often enjoy watching because of all the crazy things she says in the film and the portrayal of the character leaves the viewer quoting lines from the movie when ever coming across those crazy bitches who remind us all of this performance. Spectacular!
September 9, 2016
Forget the fact that it's not as dark or gruesome as the book. This film is a testament to the genre. Kathy in particular captures the insanity of a super fan. Probably her finest performance. James also puts in a most terrific performance too as the helpless victim.
September 7, 2016
Que actuaccion tan sufrida de Caan y Bates estupenda. Una historia de panico, contada de una buena forma
September 5, 2016
Caan's relentless snark matches perfectly with Bates' lunacy and their performances are what elevate this to a great film.
September 4, 2016
/A/ I finally watched this for the first time last night. I absolutely loved the movie. Kathy Bates was awesome.
September 4, 2016
Not seen it for years but still immensely enjoyable and probably the best movie adaptation of a Stephen King novel.
August 29, 2016
'Misery' is very suspenseful, and the acting just makes the movie even better.