Misery - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Misery Reviews

April 20, 2017
Misery is the perfect horror film because this could actually happen, which is terrifying. I expect this is Stephen King's worst nightmare. James Caan is fantastic and Kathy Bates is psychotic and petrifying. The camera angles from Reiner are genius showing the characters as vulnerable or dominant in a subtle manor. It's a controversial opinion but I think I might like Misery even more than The Shining.
April 10, 2017
1980's The Shining And 1994's The Shawshank Redemption Are Two Of My Favorite Movies.
April 8, 2017
Amazing a revoulutionary movie loved it.
April 7, 2017
Suspenseful, tense, exciting and at times gruesome, Misery is a nerve-wracking, well-written descent into madness that adeptly explores the fine line between devoted fan and twisted psychopath, and features Kathy Bates' terrifying, hilarious performance as a caretaker losing her grip on reality.
March 29, 2017
IN THIS MOVIE it was talked about a novelist Paul had an accident in a blizzard,a woman she was a nurse and saved him.
March 9, 2017
While plenty of terror films have been adapted from Stephen King's original, Misery made itself the best movie written by King with the wonderful act and extremely nervous plot.
½ February 18, 2017
It was good, but just like the book it wasn't as great as I was anticipating. Bates is great and Caan is fine, so at least their performances help bring up an otherwise dull existence, something the book couldn't quite do.
½ February 15, 2017
I have always loved this movie oddly enough since I was a child. And seeing it on TV the other night just brought back memories to just how awesome Kathy Bates is. Throughout the entire movie, you're thinking she is quite possibly the creepiest person on Earth. Makes me think I shouldn't get so obsessed with things...
February 7, 2017
With two great lead performances this a thoroughly entertaining thriller that has plenty of tense scenes and some quite shocking violence. It also has a solid supporting cast (especially Richard Farnsworth as Buster), I like the score, some inventive camera work, the script is passable and I like the setting.
January 25, 2017
Still makes me cringe.
January 14, 2017
i wish I went into this movie clueless about what was going to happen. Oh well. *great movie
January 14, 2017
This movie based off of the Stephen King novel of the same name was nothing short of creepy. But creepy is one of the best type of horror film. Kathy Bates played an extraordinary part as Annie Wilkes, the villain of the movie. She also won 3 awards for her part.
January 5, 2017
Very good, excellent casting, BUT! ...the book's better.
½ December 17, 2016
It's a classic, but a little dated. Worth seeing, but not my favorite.
December 11, 2016
Il pi bel film che abbia mai visto! Kathy Bates fantastica e anche james caan non male, nonostante il film sia ambientato per la maggior parte in una stanza, la tensione non cala mai. la perfetta trasposizione del romanzo di stephen king.
½ November 21, 2016
i bet all celebs would love to have fans like these lol
½ November 3, 2016
Solid 7/10. Acting and story were both great, but it was not the top tier film I was expecting. Average story that was elevated by the acting and brilliance from the source material's author.
November 3, 2016
Bate's performance is excellent, the movie includes some suspense. However, it repeats itself several times without any impressive plot and a dissapointing ending. James Caan performance is fine, due to the fact that the role restricted the actor to show his acting skills.The film is worth watching mainly for Bate's portrayial of Annie Wilkes.
½ October 20, 2016
Excepcional suspense baseado em uma obra do Stephen King.
October 19, 2016
Great stuff. Particularly from Bates. But you knew that already.