Misery - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Misery Reviews

July 14, 2017
Leave it to Stephen King to turn being a major fan into some of the most terrifying words a person could hear. A deservedly award winning portrayal of obsessive fandom by Kathy Bates along with the seemingly sheer hopelessness of James Caan's situation help make this one of the most frightening movies I've ever seen and without even a hint of the supernatural.
½ July 13, 2017
The brilliant performance of Kathy Bates was amazing, she really deserved that Academy Award and that Golden Globe for Best Actress. Her gestures and the ability to look like a gentle lady infatuated with Paul's books when you can tell she's absolutely mental are breathtaking. Stephen King is really one of the best authors of our time. I do not doubt this is a wonderful novel as well.
½ June 14, 2017
Great Stephen King novel brought to big screen.
May 28, 2017
So much fun watching this for our girls horror movie night :) Kathy Bates is brilliantly creepy! Glad I finally got around to watching it!
May 4, 2017
PARA MIM, UM EXCELENTE DRAMA.
May 4, 2017
An unnerving thriller based on a Stephen King novel. Kathy Bates is brilliant as the psychotic Annie Wilkes. (First and only viewing - 10/6/2014)
May 1, 2017
Certainly the source material is brilliant but William Goldman has made an exceptional adaptation of Stephen King's novel. Furthermore, Rob Reiner's direction is inspiring while great work has been made by the editor (specifically, the parallel editing creates unbelievable suspense). Still, nothing would be the same without Kathy Bates playing Annie Wilkes. Using a wide range of emotions, expressions and looks, she is nothing less than perfect. 8,5/10
April 20, 2017
Misery is the perfect horror film because this could actually happen, which is terrifying. I expect this is Stephen King's worst nightmare. James Caan is fantastic and Kathy Bates is psychotic and petrifying. The camera angles from Reiner are genius showing the characters as vulnerable or dominant in a subtle manor. It's a controversial opinion but I think I might like Misery even more than The Shining.
April 10, 2017
1980's The Shining And 1994's The Shawshank Redemption Are Two Of My Favorite Movies.
April 8, 2017
Amazing a revoulutionary movie loved it.
April 7, 2017
Suspenseful, tense, exciting and at times gruesome, Misery is a nerve-wracking, well-written descent into madness that adeptly explores the fine line between devoted fan and twisted psychopath, and features Kathy Bates' terrifying, hilarious performance as a caretaker losing her grip on reality.
March 29, 2017
IN THIS MOVIE it was talked about a novelist Paul had an accident in a blizzard,a woman she was a nurse and saved him.
March 9, 2017
While plenty of terror films have been adapted from Stephen King's original, Misery made itself the best movie written by King with the wonderful act and extremely nervous plot.
½ February 18, 2017
It was good, but just like the book it wasn't as great as I was anticipating. Bates is great and Caan is fine, so at least their performances help bring up an otherwise dull existence, something the book couldn't quite do.
½ February 15, 2017
I have always loved this movie oddly enough since I was a child. And seeing it on TV the other night just brought back memories to just how awesome Kathy Bates is. Throughout the entire movie, you're thinking she is quite possibly the creepiest person on Earth. Makes me think I shouldn't get so obsessed with things...
February 7, 2017
With two great lead performances this a thoroughly entertaining thriller that has plenty of tense scenes and some quite shocking violence. It also has a solid supporting cast (especially Richard Farnsworth as Buster), I like the score, some inventive camera work, the script is passable and I like the setting.
January 25, 2017
Still makes me cringe.
January 14, 2017
i wish I went into this movie clueless about what was going to happen. Oh well. *great movie
January 14, 2017
This movie based off of the Stephen King novel of the same name was nothing short of creepy. But creepy is one of the best type of horror film. Kathy Bates played an extraordinary part as Annie Wilkes, the villain of the movie. She also won 3 awards for her part.
January 5, 2017
Very good, excellent casting, BUT! ...the book's better.