Mission: Impossible 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mission: Impossible 2 Reviews

August 3, 2017
An OK sequel. Even though I like the main theme that jacks me up every time, the motorcycle chase (perhaps in my opinion one of the greatest scenes since the train chase from the last movie) and even the kills in this sequel, it's not really that great of a movie. But it was OK I can say to you.
June 30, 2017
Highly entertaining and explosive spy movie. Over the top action.
½ June 26, 2017
I think this is the weakest entry in the series due to it's cheesy and over the top style. However, I still find enjoyment in the actions scenes. The story is the weakest link and it is one that I just have a hard time getting invested in. It is a pretty boring one and I definitely do think it is surpassed by the rest of the series. The final act saves it from being average due to how high octane and entertaining it is.
½ June 26, 2017
It's slightly better than the first but still not great.
June 21, 2017
Mission: Impossible 2 does not hit high when it comes to improving the story, but the action is downright dazzling.
½ June 3, 2017
To be fair, it lacks substance and I found it to be a bit slow during the first act. Fortunately, Tom Cruise is once again game in the role of Ethan Hunt, the action sequences are spectacular and the music conducted by Hans Zimmer is amazing. Man, this movie's update on the original TV series' theme song is the bomb. While I can understand why some perceive this as the weakest out of all the Mission Impossible movies - heck, it probably could've easily been passed off as a film not based off of anything at all except an original screenplay -, John Woo still does a decent job of giving this movie cinematic value. Well, it must've done something right if more people went to see this movie in 2000 rather than Gladiator.
April 25, 2017
It has the same intense action as the original, but lacks original dialogue and a strong supporting cast.
½ April 19, 2017
The worst Mission Impossible thus far. The problem is, there wasn't the factor of suspense that the previous film had. Tom Cruise still tried his best to keep the character of Ethan Hunt interesting. His foe, played by Dougray Scott, however, just wasn't interesting and seemed like a teenager who isn't getting his way. A villain should be imposing either physically, mentally, or both. This one just felt like he was out matched by Hunt in every sense. Giving the film no real threat just made it boring. John Woo does his best to make the film a spectacle, but just falls short and streams too close to campy.
April 13, 2017
170413: I can't take it. Impossible 2 is overly dramatic to the point of being silly. I have never been able to suspend my belief enough to think of Cruise as a tough guy; nor enough to enjoy the majority of the stunts in this film. Much like the original, suffers from dated technology. Two stars is kind.
April 10, 2017
Zachary Tobeck Enjoyed This Movie On DVD Once When I Brought In One Time.
½ March 28, 2017
started off promisingly but Dougray Scott doesn't make a very good villain. the action at the end of the film was way too over the top and over long. overall the film is pretty funny and I don't think it is meant to be.
March 22, 2017
By far the worst of the franchise.
March 10, 2017
Decent action sequences, but the first half hour was kind of stupid and some of it was very predictable. And what was up with Tom Cruise's stupid haircut in this one?
March 5, 2017
After the success of the first film, this second film was inevitable. With director John Woo directing you would expect a film that is entirely thrilling, entertaining and fun but unfortunately it is only partially that since outside of the action scenes the plot, the script and even some of the acting is seriously lacking which the first film had no where near the same amount of issues. The majority of people involved in this film have done better be it Tom Cruise, John Woo or even Hans Zimmer whose score though decent just comes off as rejected parts from Gladiator. One area that is entirely representative of the lacking plot and script is the use of the masks used to deceive and conceal the real identity of certain people which was used once in a major plot point in the first film but is used five times in this film which just becomes repetitive and boring. So apart from Cruise, some of the supporting cast, solid action and typical style from Woo this is utterly average and the low point for the series.
½ February 25, 2017
Action hurt the story. Watched it again recently, it's sloppy, and comical.
½ January 25, 2017
Mission Impossible 2 features action packed scenes placed randomly throughout the movie, which makes it only a slight improvement from the original.
½ January 19, 2017
Given the Woo treatment, this is markedly different from the first movie but still a lot of fun. Its repeated use of the mask gimmick and arty, balletic, comic book action may bother some but for me it still delivers excitement, spectacle and good entertainment.
January 8, 2017
Good actions and acting from Tom Cruise. The ending was very suspenseful as well as the break-in into the facility. Ving Rhames was good once again.
January 3, 2017
The problem with this movie is that in Woo's need to maintain his Hong Kong ethos, Ethan Hunt changes character drastically from the first movie - but changes back for Part III.
½ December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch