Mistaken for Strangers Reviews

• Dec 30, 2017

Masterpiece. Pure. Love. Tom talking about Matt's bad dream is one of the best scenes I have ever seen in a movie. And it's also this movie's perfect conclusion.

• Oct 31, 2017

Pretty good movie! Very entertaining to watch even when you don't know the National. It gets very personal and close to the band and into the mind of Tom.

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Jul 23, 2017

I'm not a huge supporter of music documentaries but this was very interesting. The brother lost in the limelight and struggling to find his own place may sound tiresome but this film has a lot of heart. The behind the scenes portrait of one of the greatest and critically acclaimed bands of the last ten years. The film is overly long and never over stays its welcome, the interaction between the brothers are very hilarious and uncomfortable at times. The scene where the older brother is questioning why the younger brother has left a bowl of cereal in the bathroom is priceless. By the end you are swept up in the brothers search for meaning and are provided insight into a band who has managed to avoid mainstream popularity for their duration. 21-07-2017.

• Aug 30, 2016

A documentary that didn't go as planned, and was better than planned. "About Brothers first, music second" - IMDB user

• Oct 22, 2015

What a brilliant, brilliant film. Funny, awkward, touching, and all in all, amazingly heart-warming. Sheer genius.

• Jul 16, 2015

Accidentally revealing - Mistaken for Strangers isn't referring to The National's song of the same name. It has a lot more to do about the relationship between two brothers that couldn't be more different.

• May 06, 2015

Great doc on great indie band The National

Great doc on great indie band The National

• May 01, 2015

I'm not even really familiar with The National, but I loved this movie. Tom and Matt are like 2 sides of one person. We all want to be like Matt but we're much closer to Tom. This was a disarmingly human movie that will make your heart explode.

• Apr 13, 2015

what a delightful surprise of a documentary!

what a delightful surprise of a documentary!

• Apr 03, 2015

It's a rock doc, but not really. It's about the indie rock band The National but you don't have to be a fan to enjoy it. It's not really about the band or their music, more like the relationship between two brothers. And it's quite meta in a non-pretentious way (if that's even possible) as it's a documentary about making a documentary. Worth a watch for the sake of something different.