Monsters, Inc. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Monsters, Inc. Reviews

½ December 15, 2017
A total classic and one of the most seen movies ever. Pixar's fourth film if I'm not mistaken, and one of their biggest successes.

We meet two monsters. They live by scaring little kids in their bedrooms. They're workplace is filled with monsters that can enter every door in the human world from their parallel world with help from some fancy technology. Our main friends are quite a team, John Goodman and Billy Crystal does their voices - incredible jobs. Steve Buscemi as the most villain type of character here is also very cool.

The story is vivid and extremely playful. Making kids scream, collecting the energy in tanks to make the world go round. Kids are scary for the monsters and when one of them "Boo" is on the loose in the world of monsters, everything change - a disaster is on the loose.
What impresses me most, among the fantastic story - clichebound in a few ways, but smarter than most films, is the way it looks. It's over 15 years old, but still look nice. Man, kids these days are blessed with quality animated production indeed.

A film for the entire family with loads of heart, humor, double layered fun and creativity. I'm not sure why I haven't seen it until now, it's a must see kid-flick.

8.5 out of 10 Sulley hairs.
December 15, 2017
Put that thing back where it came from or so help meee...
is NOT what I would say about... Monsters INC. Don't watch in 3D though that's silly
½ November 21, 2017
I am not a big fan of this movie. It tries to be adventurous but fails.
½ November 11, 2017
When what we think we see what lurks in the dark in the night is true when we see monsters do exist and come out at night to scare us. When we see a monster world behind some doors when we see what scares others powers a city when it's a business. When we see only the best scarers powers the most for the business to see their 2 best stars that provide for the monster world.

When we see there are things we can tolerate to see when they look like us, and others we don't wish to see when they are unlike us and intolerance from within. When we see we take the good with the bad but see it's all worth it when we have others who are our best friends & lover. When what others wish not to see on top others see to competing extra harder. When we can't see some things that work not work when what makes us see such monsters is seeing them in the first place when it's a big business that we can't let the lights go out. When what we see we can't get in some places we need to go other places when we need natural screams. When we can't see other things in some places enter into our world we need to see another way out, when we can't see something's get out that will ruin us. When we see that people look up to us when we see we are famous but also see we are lacking in more stars like us when others we see are no good and bad for business. When somethings we can't stand to see when our scares are only for work when other scares we don't take personally.

When what we don't normally get to see from a closer scope we see why we are seen as monsters when what others see in their innocent eyes is what gives us guilt when it's not real to us but real to them that we see it's wrong. When we see an alternative when outdated practices we need to see more laughs when it's much more fulfilling. When what we see we don't always miss when it's unmeaningful work, to come everyday to something's we can see when it's much more fulfilling.

When what we can't see let out, we see no need for a paper trail, when we don't see recording such events is important.
October 23, 2017
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Monsters Inc. es simplemente encantadora y entraņable, con personajes memorables y una historia divertida, original y monstruosamente hermosa.
½ October 9, 2017
And the kids seemed to really enjoy it!
October 6, 2017
Not my favorite one to watch it was a bit boring
September 9, 2017
this is the best pixar movie to date. of course i love other pixar movies but this one is my favorite. i named my cat boo and my dog sulley
½ September 3, 2017
This is a good movie if you like movies about the city of Monstropolis in the monster world is powered by energy from the screams of human children. At the Monsters, Inc. factory, skilled monsters employed as "scarers" venture into the human world to scare children and harvest their screams, through doors that activate portals to the children's bedroom closets. It is considered dangerous work, as human children are believed to be "toxic". Energy production is falling because children are becoming less easily scared, and company chairman, Henry J. Waternoose, is determined to find a solution. James P. "Sulley" Sullivan is the organization's top scarer, but his chief rival Randall Boggs is close behind.

One day, Sulley discovers that Randall has left a door activated on the scare floor and a small girl has entered the factory. After several failed attempts to put her back, Sulley conceals her and takes her out of the factory. He interrupts his best friend Mike Wazowski's date with his girlfriend, Celia, at a sushi restaurant, and chaos erupts when the child is discovered. Sulley and Mike manage to escape with the child before the Child Detection Agency (CDA) quarantines the restaurant. They soon discover that she is not really toxic after all; Sulley grows attached to her and calls her "Boo," while Mike is just anxious to be rid of her.

When they smuggle her back into the factory disguised as a baby monster in an attempt to send her home, Randall discovers her and tries to kidnap her, but he mistakenly kidnaps Mike instead. He straps Mike to a large machine called "The Scream Extractor," which he intends to use to revolutionize the scaring industry and solve the monster world's energy problems by forcefully extracting screams from kidnapped human children. Before Randall can use the machine on Mike, Sulley intervenes and reports Randall to Waternoose. Waternoose, secretly in league with Randall, instead exiles Mike and Sulley to the Himalayas. The two are taken in by a Yeti, who tells them about a nearby village which Sulley realizes he can use to return to the factory. Sulley prepares to leave, but Mike refuses to go with him. Meanwhile, Randall is preparing to use the Scream Extractor on Boo, but Sulley arrives and saves her. Randall and Sulley fight, and after Mike returns and the two reconcile, they overpower Randall, take Boo, and flee.

Randall pursues them to the door vault, and a wild chase ensues among the millions of doors as they move in and out of the storage vault on rails to the factory floor. Boo's laughter causes all the doors to activate, allowing the monsters to pass in and out of the human world. Randall attempts to kill Sulley, but Boo overcomes her fear and attacks him. Sulley and Mike trap Randall in the human world, where two residents at a trailer park mistake him for an alligator and beat him with a shovel. Sulley and Mike then trick Waternoose into revealing his plot with Randall, while Mike secretly records the entire conversation for the CDA to view. The CDA arrests Waternoose, while Sulley and Mike say goodbye to Boo and return her home before her door is shredded to prevent any more contact with her.

With the factory temporarily shut down, Sulley is named the new CEO of Monsters, Inc. Under his leadership, the energy crisis is solved by harvesting children's laughter instead of screams, as laughter has been found to be much more potent. Mike takes Sulley aside, revealing he has rebuilt Boo's door and only needs one final piece, which Sulley took as a memento. Sulley enters and joyfully reunites with Boo. Wonderful successor to the previous Monsters Elementary in 1902.
½ August 28, 2017
Monsters Inc (2001) - Is a very imaginative movie with a concept that I would say is brilliant. This would be the first film to be helmed by Pete Doctor and it definitely shows. I remembered loving this movie as a kid and admittedly even deep down in my heart I still love the movie as an adult.
The Concept is possibly one of the best if not the best idea Pixar has ever came up with. The world building is incredible as it takes the idea of monsters scaring children and makes an entire world around it. It's amazing the way they got creative with establishing the way Monsters Incorporated functions and the creative reason why monsters need to scare children. The actual narrative itself does play on with the movies ideas while adding some laugh out loud humor and some surprising deep messages about the acceptance of fatherhood and economic decline. I could go on and on about the creativity of this movie but overall it's some of Pixar's best world building.
The Characters are casted perfectly and all of them are just irresistible in all the right ways. Sully is loveable and really sympathetic when it comes to protecting Boo and making sure she's safe. Mike is comedic powerhouse and gets a lot of big laughs Thanks to Billy Cyrstal's voice work. His relationship with Sully is really genuine and can be put to the test in certain parts of the movie. Boo might be a little distracting sometimes, but she really is cute and she does serve a more important purpose in the movie later on. Randall, being one of the antagonists really does go all out with his sinisterness and I can tell that Steve Buscemi had a blast voicing the character. Mr Waternoose is probably the most tragic character I've ever come across. I would go into why but it would give away spoilers. I will say that he's one of those characters that meant well even if he was doing the wrong thing and I felt so sorry for him in the end. The rest of the characters can have their moments of standing out (Especially Roz) and they contribute as much as they can when they interact with the main characters.
The Animation really brings all the creativity to life and it sucks us into a whole new world for us to explore. One thing that was really cool is how in the beginning they start with a very upbeat 2D sequence. It's a very creative way to open the movie and the animation plays along perfectly with the music. The environments are just amazing to look at and they show off every creative aspect from the quiet streets of Monstropolis, to the epic size and scale of Monster incorporated's door vault. The design of the monsters are very creative and some of the little details like sully's fur are very impressive.
The Music was for the fourth time by Randy Newman. The Upbeat Jazz music really gives the movie an identity and it adds on to the movies style in a lot of scenes. A lot of the other music uses the soft violin melodies to let the heartfelt scenes play out. The movie's theme works greatly when played with the 2D animated opening and it really is irresistible to listen to. Even the song at the end credits "If I didn't have you" is a great representation of the relationship between Mike and Sully.
Sometimes I do tend to forgot how much I used to love this movie. Although some of Pixar's other films might have left slightly bigger impacts I still have a special place in my heart for this movie. It has a very imaginative concept, lovable characters, Amazing animation and a very upbeat music score. It was one of the first Pixar movies i've ever scene and it introduced me to one of the best animation studios in the business. (A)
August 10, 2017
Very good movie.
Rating. 8.2/10.
½ August 10, 2017
Funny,Emotional and a great film.
½ August 8, 2017
With lovable characters,amazing animation and great jokes monsters inc is
easily one of the best animated films of all time.
½ August 7, 2017
Pixar truly hit a homerun in this film from it's fantastic CGI, star-studded voice cast that brought the characters to life, to is it's well thought of storyline the grabs your attention throughout the film!
August 5, 2017
It's the epidimy of originality. This is why I love Pixar! They take in a wierd concept for a movie and made it a instant hit. Monsters Inc. is one of my childhood movies with one of the best duo's in an animated movie - Sulley and Mike. The animation is fantastic, the supporting characters super funny, some scenes are spetacular to see, and in one case, a really heartbreaking one. A Pixar Classic for all ages!

|It's a 9,0 out of 10|
August 2, 2017
ABC SHOULD DO THAT MOVIE NEXT
August 2, 2017
I'm glad I saw it. I just dunno if I would see it again.
July 27, 2017
With a unique script with exhilarating action sequences along with well acted parts and laugh out loud humor this Pixar film raise the bar even higher
July 19, 2017
Lovable characters, great plot, fantastic animation, and... stop wasting your time reading the reviews and watch it already. Highly recommended
July 12, 2017
The best animated film ever made in my opinion.