Mortal Engines - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mortal Engines Reviews

April 20, 2019
Great movie, can't wait for a sequel
½ April 19, 2019
Another garbage movie where the white men are weak and they destroy everything, while the women are strong and smart. Glad I didn't pay money to see this garbage. Oh and also, the acting is horrendous while the story is confusing and pointless.
April 18, 2019
A fun entertaining movie. Lacking any affiliation to any known universe, seems like "pro" critics weren't bribed to grade it accordingly.
After the end i am ledt wanting another one to be made or even some series to expand the universe, it is an intriguing concept that deserves the lore to be exposed to the world and enjoy a new sxi-fi universe outside of the decrepid disney owned ones.
April 17, 2019
I loved it. It is not the book word by word but it is a full story. I am sad that Hester is too pretty so we cannot see her insecurities as in the book but you get to hate Valentine and admire Anna Fang all the same. They fit the 15 hours of book in 2 hours of film that tell the full story with some shortcuts.
April 17, 2019
Machines on wheels. Eating cities.
½ April 16, 2019
What a waste of a huge CGI budget. Not sure who is responsible for this garbage but its bad.
½ April 15, 2019
Although an interesting concept, the movie was too cliche and kind of a bore.
½ April 13, 2019
I was soooo excited for this movie to come out! I love Peter Jackson his work and couldn't wait to see this. Let's start off with the graphics. They were everything we are used to when we think "Peter Jackson", so so beautiful. I think they might be my favourite part of this movie, to be honest. The characters are a close second though. You could relate to most of them which made it easy to form a bond (either love or hate). There could have been a bit more character development if you ask me (and as my friend said at the end of the movie "the biggest friendzone movie I've ever seen"). One thing I really missed while watching Mortal Engines was the history. I felt like they left out a lot of valuable and interesting information and filled that precious time with more action scenes. Which to me was a bit disappointing.

So, overall, a cool idea, a really beautifully made movie but lacking a bit of depth in the screenplay.
½ April 13, 2019
This is just a terrible movie. The longer it went, the worse it was. So many incredibly cheesy, bad lines. A thin plot that you could see where it was heading from a mile away. There is very little redeeming about this movie.
April 12, 2019
Nothing special :) but Good story
½ April 11, 2019
Decent visuals, ill-conceived concept.
½ April 10, 2019
Worst crap Ive seen in ages. The moment where she breaks the machine's heart (that it doesn't have) with her love for some dude was savagely insulting. Couldn't even finish. Signed up for rotten tomatoes just so I could scream into the void about how bad this was.
April 10, 2019
Mortal Engines is basically a MTV movie with a huge budget. They should have stretched it out into two or three movies for better story and character development. It's visually beautiful but ultimately lacking. Peter Jackson and crew did great with LOTR and decent with the Hobbit, but they were already immensely popular books compared to the Mortal Engines books.
April 9, 2019
Fun adventure movie in an ridiculous but interesting and imaginative world. I really enjoyed it and rate it around 75%. Definitely put this on your rental list.
April 9, 2019
It actually is a enjoyable movie. Not the best but good enough for two hours l.
½ April 9, 2019
It's a good movie with great film quality
April 8, 2019
I truly don't understand how something so lavishly produced can have such a lazily written screenplay.
½ April 8, 2019
Very creative and original. The world they created is fascinating; it's too bad the story didn't do a great job showing it to us. I don't think the screenwriting was great but it worked. We need more movies like this: original and different. The main character was believable and written in a realistic fashion. She wasn't some overpowered female lead that's trying to make some sort of social commentary. Overall I loved the visuals and the concept. The writing could have been better and the story told a bit darker.
April 7, 2019