Mother, Jugs and Speed Reviews

• Mar 02, 2018

i enjoyed the film, pretty different. sort of a comedy thats not funny

i enjoyed the film, pretty different. sort of a comedy thats not funny

• May 16, 2016

How can you go wrong with a cast featuring the comedic Bill Cosby, the beautiful Raquel Welch, and Academy favorite Harvey Keitel? Plus it's the 70s so we'll do a MASH type sendup with ambulance drivers. The mess that is this movie has comedic moments that aren't quite funny and dramatic moments that are way too dark for a lighthearted film.

• Mar 16, 2014

My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.

My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.

• Jul 29, 2013

Funny and crazy movie about a run down ambulance company that has seen better days. Well acted with chase scenes galore make for a good time. Bill Cosby's best non stand up movie.

• Feb 16, 2013

This movie is fucking hysterical. There's not much to it. Two ambulance companies are duking it out in the most underhanded ways they can to become the #1 ambulance company in Los Angeles. Feels like Taxi meets Caddyshack. It's not as good as Caddyshack, but Larry Hagman and Bill Cosby playing foulmouthed ambulance drivers dropping some pretty fun banter is totally worth it. Smart and old school. Love it.

• Jan 23, 2013

I think I enjoyed this movie more years ago when I first saw it. Not a particularly deep movie, but it touches upon some interesting issues still present today. All of the performances seem to be spot on.

• Jul 19, 2012

Rides that MASH line of drama/humour with expert ease. The fantastic cast play a wide range of personalities who for no better reason than payment drive freelance ambulances. The humour is rye and the pathos pretty gentle considering the serious situations they get into and in many ways was way ahead of it's time.

• Apr 10, 2012

keitel, welch, cosby, and hagman deliver a classic dark comic performance

keitel, welch, cosby, and hagman deliver a classic dark comic performance

• Jun 18, 2011

This movie is endearing as hell despite the fact that it never really gets started and it doesn't know how to end. It's worth watching just for Bill Cosby and Harvey Keitel. If you can tolerate the identity confusion this film seems to suffer, it's a fun watch.

• Mar 11, 2011

Everybody loves Raquel Welch and all of her curvacuious body parts...Didn't matter that the movie was a stinker"