Mr. and Mrs. Incredible (San kei hap lui) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. and Mrs. Incredible (San kei hap lui) Reviews

March 21, 2014
My Rating: 2/5 stars; Grade: C; Gesture: One Thumb Down; Status: Below Average (Rotten); Emoticon: :-/.
½ September 30, 2013
Both funny and adorable, I love this movie.
½ November 30, 2011
3/10: Watch this if you like ridiculously over the top nonsense comedy. I quite enjoy it myself.
½ November 27, 2011
Obviously inspired by Walt Disney x Pixar's < The Incredibles > as backdrop. But it's Chinese market-orientation, plus re-recycle use of golden punches seen in classic comedies in HK Cinema's golden age, truly repels, & makes the film so sour.
October 17, 2011
Poor storyline, with average cast performance. Yet, it is still enjoyable as a fun movie during the Lunar New Year. Otherwise, nothing worth mentioning.
July 18, 2011
Great fun from Louis Koo ... again. (roll on 'Overheard 2')... one of Hong Kong's finest actors at present in this fun action superhero movie set in old time China...
½ July 17, 2011
Not overly impressive by any standard. The fight scenes were boring. The comedy was predictable. There were a few cute moments between the main characters but that was pretty much it.
July 6, 2011
Pretty charming story with a certain dark humor that I actually enjoyed. Not much action in this one, but its quite watchable anyway.
½ July 1, 2011
A waste of time and money, whether to the production company or the audience...
½ June 4, 2011
Star-sucking grandmasters, beware Gazer and Aroma!
½ May 19, 2011
Biggest piece of shit ever
½ May 10, 2011
just another about rediscovering passion and romance, wait it's about ... yeah love. a superhero kinda love.
½ April 24, 2011
It's alright as a family night movie but i rather dislike the mix of Canto-Mandarin.
April 22, 2011
very fun to watch :D a rare superhero gem! inspired by batman, kung-fu hustle and even charlie chaplin, mr. & mrs. incredible does find its identity while rolling out the laughs. koo and yue are masters of their acting craft!!
April 21, 2011
This tickled my humour, was sweet, enjoyable, a bit eccentric and fun. The only criticism is the last fight scene, it just didn't make sense? but other than that it's a movie worth watching!
April 18, 2011
I hate to admit this, but it's true. Sandra and Louis shows incredible chemistry and definately pulls it through with their believeable act as a loving couple. Both their acting are natural and both seems really confortable acting together.

One of it's kind comedy version of ancient china's superheroes. Although it is not as much action as we all expect from a superhero movie, not as romantic as we ever would imagine, with the same old boring storyline, this movie is still catchy in it's own way.

One would seriously be unimpressed with the movie, unless of course you are a fan of Louis or Sandra, which in this case, I am a diehard fans of both :)
April 16, 2011
Lame production with cute delivery.
April 5, 2011
Interest show to watch for a different.
March 27, 2011
At perpetual risk of becoming the next Wong Jing, Vincent Kok's movies have always been notoriously uneven affairs, but the Peter Chan-produced Mr and Mrs Incredible shows improvement with its decidedly more subtle approach to comedy and ventures into domestic drama-land. The evident lack of plot is actually a plus, as it allows top actors Louis Koo and Sandra Ng to explore their characters and expand on their relationship as retired superheroes Gazer Warrior and Aroma Woman, making them more real than Kok probably initially intended. Koo is particularily brilliant acting against character here. Mr and Mrs Incredible thus proceeds in a quietly dignified manner until the final reel, when action and cheesy CGI suddenly kicks in courtesy of Taiwanese Andy On-lookalike Wang Bo-Chieh's villain, bringing the show to a disappointingly loud and improper end.
March 24, 2011
A lot of rooms for Should Haves & Could Haves...but one thing for sure is Should Not Have worked with actors from china!