The Munsters' Scary Little Christmas Reviews

• Apr 25, 2018

The original Munster family was cheesy, but the cast helped pull it together. This one film is just a cheap knockoff.

• Apr 23, 2014

it's an ok film but it doesn't own up to the tv show you just can't replace Fred Gwynne Yvonne Decarlo and Al Lewis

• Dec 25, 2013

I was expecting to HATE this with a passion.. however it wasn't the worst Christmas special/movie I've ever seen. Could not stand Sandy Baron's Grandpa.. it seemed so far from the original played so brilliantly by Al Lewis.. I actually thought the new versions of Marilyn and Eddie were slight improvements..

• Dec 20, 2013

A film that brings a little bit of the old Munster charm back.

A film that brings a little bit of the old Munster charm back.

• Jul 23, 2012

I'm Not a fan of The Munsters- I'm a Fanatic! Back in the 60's Universal Studio's was trying to be creative with sitcom's, and feeling the heat from there Competitivor. And needed to seperate themselves from other mainstream madness. Inspired by other quirky show's like Aadam's Family and Bewitched- The Munster was born. Herman the aloof but tender hearted Frankenstien (Fred Gwynne) and my favorite Grandpa who's a mix of Vampire/wolf and crazy scientist (Al Lewis) stole the show. Unfortunitely back in the 90's most chairman were retiring from the 60's, and replaced with greedy, opportunist who choose to make movies from classic. The Munster's was 1 of those flash from the past ideals. Back in 96's Fred Gwynne died of heart failure and Al Lewis refused to comeback otut of retirement without the orginal cast. The replacements for the Munster Family proved to be catstorophic and the worst decision Universal could make. It was not only disapointing to dieheart fans, but the new generation who scratched there head in confusion.

• Dec 26, 2011

Needless to say, three decades after the original series none of the original cast members in this one. If you like the absolute corniness of the orginal series then this should be right up your alley. The actor playing lead man Herman does a decent job mimicking Fred Gwynn but Grandpa is a sad dissapointment. Over all this movie is as silly and loveable as the original but lacks the special Munsters magic. C-.

• Apr 20, 2010

Eddie Munster (Bug Hall) misses Transylvania and clearly doesn't think it's the most wonderful time of the year, so the rest of the Munsters -- Herman (Sam McMurray), Lily (Ann Magnuson), Grandpa (Sandy Brown) and Marilyn (Elaine Hendrix)-- rally to make him enjoy the holly, jolly magic that Santa brings.

• Mar 01, 2010

I know its Mar and I'm watching old Christmas movies. This was actually not bad. I have always kind of liked the Christmas/Halloween combo. Loved the biker reindeer!

• Jan 17, 2010

The Munsters are back in this fun and cute update of the classic TV series. The actors playing the monster family give fun performances and do a great job of emulating the original cast. There's also plenty of that corny, but endearing humor the series is known for and everyone involved really does a fine job of capturing the spirit of the show. Also the make-up and production design are nice and fans of the classic monster movies should get a kick out of seeing some of their favorites show up here. Anything wrong? Well there's nothing you haven't seen before, so it does get predictable, and some of the supporting cast really overdo it. But still this is a nice movie and a treat for fans.

• Dec 21, 2009

Really cute, although I admit I missed the original cast.

Really cute, although I admit I missed the original cast.