Muppet Treasure Island - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Muppet Treasure Island Reviews

October 24, 2017
This is one of our favorite Muppet movie in 90s who goes Pirates of the Caribbean with Captain Jack Sparrow
September 29, 2017
Best of all the Muppet movies
September 5, 2017
Not a good movie for me to enjoy, but others may like it
½ August 29, 2017
Alright, so this isn't very good. The kid is in over his head, the songs are fairly mediocre, & the direction is egregiously lazy. But can we just appreciate how perfect Curry is within the Muppet universe? He totally buys in to the idea of talking puppet-creatures, and he makes such a charismatic pirate. Still, neither he, nor the sardonic and anarchic Muppet humor, can make this any better than "meh". Almost the worst of the otherwise stellar franchise...if not for the abysmal Muppets from Space.
½ July 25, 2017
Such a good and fun Muppets movie.
½ July 3, 2017
Set sail with the Muppets going to treasure Island and enjoy seeing them work as a team, you know they tend to be silly.
½ June 17, 2017
This movie is a let down. Terrible pacing, horrible story, not enough Muppets, horrible song placement, and horrible singing from the actors. Horrible. 1.5/5.
March 18, 2017
A classic. Fun story, great music. The best muppet movie.
½ September 22, 2016
3.5 stars! A very enjoyable farce and the production value is very insane for a muppets movie. While it totally works.
September 1, 2016
As a child's first exposure to the tale of Treasure Island, this isn't a bad start. The characters, both the human and classic Muppets, are very fun to watch. Tim Curry might as well be a living Muppet, so he fits right in. The songs are also extremely catchy and will have you singing them for a long time to come.

However, I must say, I feel the film hasn't aged too well. It still has its enjoyment factor, but a lot is lost in the years between childhood and seeing it as an adult. And with some many other kids films still holding up so well, you can't really make an argument that that's what happens to all these kind of films. Fun, but there are certainly better Muppet adventures to be had.
August 28, 2016
Muppet Treasure Island is a consistently entertaining and hilarious film, with all the zaniness, music, and heart the Muppets are known for.
August 13, 2016
The muppets + professional pirates = masterpiece.
½ July 21, 2016
The pirate tale has some clever lines as this is an ordinary Muppets family film with same levels, especially the humorous comic. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
June 9, 2016
The fifth addition to the Muppets' filmography falls just short of all of its predecessors.
May 1, 2016
A very, very fun entertaining Muppet movie with Tim Curry as Long John Silver. That, for a Muppet movie, is genius casting. I highly recommend checking this out.
December 14, 2015
I love the Muppets and always will, but I struggled through this.
½ September 12, 2015
I suppose this is as solid as most other Muppet movies, it was actually the slightly annoying human cast that let it down.
September 7, 2015
An extremely fun Muppets movie that has all of your favorite muppets as characters from the classic book, which is a great idea. It worked with the Christmas Carol and now it works hear. The music is good, the human cast is good, and the film has an all around great sense of adventure. It's a must see for fans of the muppets and of great family adventure films.
½ June 27, 2015
A good pirate-themed Muppet feature with a decent story, good music, and a fun adventure with the gang.