My American Cousin Reviews

• Oct 12, 2017

A charming little coming of age story.

A charming little coming of age story.

• Dec 04, 2013

Low-key, sometimes charming coming-of-age comedy.

Low-key, sometimes charming coming-of-age comedy.

• Jan 01, 2013

A good Indie film I was fortunate to see on the big screen in Vancouver, B.C. Set in a fairly remote Canadian town, 1950s, the American Cousin is a cool older teenage male who comes to town, setting younger female teen hearts aflutter (while getting himself in typical small-scale adolescent trouble).

• May 31, 2011

Very cool. This guy trying to be James Dean

Very cool. This guy trying to be James Dean

• Apr 02, 2011

Puberty girl's anxiety & fantasy.

Puberty girl's anxiety & fantasy.

• Feb 06, 2011

Not bad but dull in places. Poor acting and no dramatic tension. Beautiful Okanagan scenery though. This was obviously somene's very personal project.

• Jan 04, 2011

A big award winner in Canada, this film has little style or interest from the directorial point of view, but is well written, well crafted, and exceptionally well acted. Compelling, but familiar.

• Aug 24, 2010

Love love love love.

Love love love love.

• Sep 26, 2009

Alright- so this is a nostalgic little movie, naturally, being set in the late 1950's. I dig that it's also set in Canada. It was interesting to see a glimpse of what Canadian life may have been like back in the day. In B.C., it looks like it was pretty boring- haha. But they had their fun. That's what I like most about this movie- all of the fun they seem to have. It's so convincing that it makes me feel like I am having just as much fun. It was a little cheesy at times, and the fact that the main character totally has a crush on her American cousin is something I found... well, interesting. It wasn't really a problem, though, because throughout the entire movie it is maintained as a very innocent thing. This is just a nice, light-hearted and fun movie. <br/> <br/>P.S. I enjoyed Margaret Langrick's performance. It had such a youthful quality to it. It was very fresh and free-spirited!

• May 21, 2009