Nancy Drew - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nancy Drew Reviews

February 18, 2018
:rotten: :rotten: [color=green](out of four)[/color]

[color=seagreen]It's hard to get inside the minds of Hollywood filmmakers. They like the idea of bringing to life well liked and remembered moments from pop culture. However, they have absolutely no respect for the subject. The beloved teen sleuth Nancy Drew is resurrected for the big screen and again, those behind the camera either no nothing or care little about the subject.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57][b][i]Nancy Drew[/i][/b] works only as a light-weight teen comedy. This immensely dumbed-down creation turns Nancy into a pretentious, gloating, and overly-precocious teeny bopper. It's not a good fit. Her reputation is also lifted to near super-hero status. Even worse...she's not that good of a detective. Instead of using investigative thought, the film relies more on well-placed accidents and clockwork discoveries.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57]I get the impression that young Emma Roberts was hired more for her famous aunts connection than an real screen appeal. Her acting is forgettable and her character is sadly annoying.[/color]
[color=#2e8b57]On principle I almost rated the film lower, but since it is somewhat watchable in its tedium. I boosted it to 2 stars....but just barely.[/color]
½ December 30, 2017
Pretty bad remake of the Nancy drew book series.
October 21, 2017
This movie must be either be a re-imagining of Nancy Drew or one of those early day stories... Because I don't remember Nancy Drew being a kid or even an outcast due to her perfect "prim and proper" behaviour. Emma Roberts is a pretty girl in every scene but I don't think she brings any charisma to Nancy Drew. That and the weak story should made this movie go straight to video or become a Nickelodeon original movie.
October 12, 2017
I really like this movie. It's fun, entertaining. Despite some tween silly plots, dull clichès and some lack of rhytim and intelligence, Emma Roberts really does give a glitterly look to Nancy Drew, revives the character and has some interesting secondary characters (like Max Thierot - more handsome than ever).
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
May 13, 2016
Nancy Drew's hilarious jokes and well-performed sidekicks are able to make this movie appealing even to someone (like me) who has never read one of the books; indeed, its mystery and story cooperate very will with its humor for a greatly well-rounded film.
½ March 19, 2016
Great attempt, but not good enough
March 12, 2016
If you like solving mysteries and resourceful teenagers then you'll love this film.
½ October 9, 2015
its not that i want to watch this, but i do have it
July 3, 2015
Loved this intense mystery movie
March 30, 2015
Nancy Drew is charming in parts but this film just does not contain any real surprises or anything really interesting
March 21, 2015
A childish movie. Has all the normal Nancy Drew clichés, but does not transfer well to the 21st century.
½ January 18, 2015
Entretenida pelicula , basada en un personaje popular , donde el encanto reside en su protagonista Emma ROberts , para pasar el rato.
½ January 13, 2015
Charming heroine, but limited in scope and purely for a young audience.
January 6, 2015
It was an ok movie with a substandard plot.
November 10, 2014
This movie might have been good if they weren't trying to pass it off as Nancy Drew.
November 8, 2014
I really want to watch this I love the Nancy drew books!!!!!!!!
October 6, 2014
i love this movie but cant find anywhere to watch it?where can I watch it? plz let me know
August 24, 2014
An entertaining mystery film about a teenage girl, being perfect all the time, solving mysteries and an unsolved mystery. It's a feel-good, fun film. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 21, 2014
what a cool movie love her sense of fashion!!!!!!!!!!