Napoleon Dynamite - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Napoleon Dynamite Reviews

July 24, 2016
21st Century comedic masterpiece. I was into this before anybody else even heard of it. The humor in the movie is like a mirror image of the abstractions going on in my head. How somebody else captured the quirks that I thought only I found funny was astonishing. I bet a million watched it and said "Hey! That's MY crazy humor!". Therein lies the greatness.
July 21, 2016
Jon Heder kills it as Napoleon Dynamite. On the other hand, the story isn't that great, and only a few jokes are good.
July 17, 2016
Responsible for most of my sense of humor and will always be one of my top comedies.
July 15, 2016
I don't think a single character in this film as an IQ of over 20, and there's not much of a plot at all... however, ever single scene in this film is comedic gold in its own original way, causing this film to be recognized as the cult classic it is today.
½ July 2, 2016
Filled with hilarious situations and quirky, entertaining characters, Napoleon Dynamite is also a surprisingly charming and sympathetic story.
July 1, 2016
It could've been a great comedy as it does have some good jokes in it and a relateable dilemma Napoleon has, if the movie's pacing wasn't slow and boring.
½ June 30, 2016
This movie was retarded. The characters are retarded. I am not sure what the plot was. It was just really awkward characters that go nowhere.
June 30, 2016
95% As quirky as it may be for some people, Napoleon Dynamite is always hilarious, full of relatable characters, and is one of the most quotable and re-watchable comedies of its time.
June 21, 2016
Best sundance film of all time
½ June 13, 2016
Worst movie ever. So dumb.
June 6, 2016
whats up with this website
May 28, 2016
steady amount of unconfrtable laughs & brilliant situations & detailais make this movie a joy to watch.
½ May 25, 2016
I was laughing so hard my chest hurt.
May 18, 2016
This movie is down right boring with mind numbing, unfunny humor. I feel my brain cells dying with every second this movie is on. I don't understand why a majority of people like this movie or find it to be funny. Maybe its the nostalgia factor.
½ May 14, 2016
The worst film I've ever seen. I don't understand how people find it funny, it has no humour in it at all. Avoid at all costs.
May 13, 2016
Hysterical, dry comedy.
½ April 26, 2016
Some things you love and you can't explain it. This. This is one of those things.
April 17, 2016
4/5. A very strange and awkward movie that is absolutely hilarious.
½ April 13, 2016
Napoleon Dynamite is a strange little comedy that isn't for everyone. I have to admit that I really liked it in High School until everyone else began to see it...then it just wore thin on me as everyone else began to quote it and act as if it was the funniest comedy ever made. There are some genuine laughs though, and easily some of the most bizarre nerdish characters ever created. If anything, it was an original when it came out. Someday, I may revisit and give it another shot for a new perspective.
April 5, 2016
A classic of the new millennium.