Napoleon Dynamite - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Napoleon Dynamite Reviews

July 23, 2017
Napoleon Dynamite is not your average comedy. The characters personalities and look are weird and un relatable yet you still love the characters. The quirky lines are amazingly funny and movie itself makes you feel good inside. Napoleon Dynamite will go down as a cult classic.
July 18, 2017
I caught you a delicious bass.
... Your wildest dreams will come true.
Tina, you fat slob, come get your dinner. Gosh!
July 16, 2017
I love this movie. It is one of my all time favorites, coming from a person that is not into comedies all that much. It is probably the most quotable movies i have ever seen. It has it's own unique sense of humor that will turn a lot of people off. It is filled with great laughs and moments as well as the best dance sequence ever. Definitely worth your time.
½ July 10, 2017
American Idol was a pollutant that exposed us to sickness. This movie is what struck America with cancer. George W. Bush's 2004 election brought us to our deathbed and the economic collapse of 2008 is when America officially died!
July 8, 2017
I certainly found some moments in this movie to be humorous. It's a strange movie because it really doesn't have a story. It is pretty much a series of random events, but I feel that is part of the point. It's a lot of really strange and goofy humor, and if that's your thing, you'll have a good time with it. There are certainly funnier movies out there, but I don't think any are quite like this one, so in that sense, it is unique. Ultimately, I had a few fun laughs, but I can't say this is a must see comedy or anything like that since it really doesn't have a story or much of a point.
July 6, 2017
Probably my all time favorite movie. The characters all have there own personalities and quirky traits that make them 3 dimensional and funny. The dialogue is fantastic and the comedic timing is great. The funniest parts of the movie are the ones with Napoleon and Pedro. This is one of the most quotable movies ever made. ????????????????????
½ July 3, 2017
A highly quotable and stupid comedy
June 30, 2017
"Often funny?" Aw Contraire!
It's constantly funny - start to finish. There isn't a scene that doesn't crack me up.
I've seen it a dozen times and I'm thinking about looking for a fan club!
June 20, 2017
Best movie ever! How could someone not love This? It is SO funny and hilarious! It may be really stupid but it's stupid funny. LOVE IT!
June 19, 2017
A truly unique film that mixes some touching moments with its awkward characters, and also delivers some great laughs along the way. By the end you appreciate its charm and can't stop quoting its leads.
June 15, 2017
A silly comedy with a surprising amount of thought under the surface. I first saw "Napoleon Dynamite" when I was nine or ten years old, and it immediately became the film most quoted by my friends and family. And while those quotable catchphrases were funny when I first heard them, the effect eventually wore off. I mean, watching the film or hearing someone say something will often times still make me chuckle, but nothing quite compares to the first time. But, thankfully, and the point of saying all that was, there's a lot to love about the movie outside of those few buzzy lines. There are moments of foreshadowing one might not pick up on their first watch through. And there are visual gags that remain effective with every time they're seen. And, of course, the world established in the film is still interesting to go back and visit. "Napoleon Dynamite" is obviously not an intellectually driven arthouse piece, but it really works as what it is, which is a simple and silly comedy.
½ June 1, 2017
Either you get it or you don't. I don't find this film particularly appealing.
May 10, 2017
There has been nothing made since that compares to "Napoleon Dynamite". The film is totally genuine and unique in its portrayal of these ridiculous characters. There are some incredible laughs, and the rest leaves you shaking your head at how stupid it is.
April 26, 2017
I think this film is a classic. I love when he dances at the end
April 6, 2017
Funny movie. Strange humor, but kept me watching the entire time.
March 28, 2017
Great movie it is my number one on my top ten list of my favorite movies
½ March 8, 2017
This movie is a genius combination of quirky and funny. It perfectly embodies growing up as a teen in a small rural town. There are many strange characters and unforgettable, hilarious scenes. Three outcast high schoolers band together, and create a relatable and enjoyable story. Napoleon Dynamite has us laughing along with the characters as we watch. It's an enjoyable movie without any dull scenes, and it gets funnier each time you watch it.
½ March 1, 2017
I'm not sure if the movie itself was funny, but it was sure funny to joke about it afterwards
February 23, 2017
This movie is a comedy that people of all ages can enjoy, with the jokes and stupid things in this movie it could make anyone laugh. In the movie Napoleon is living at his grandma's house with his 32 year old brother and his Uncle Rico to come take care of them. Napoleon is just trying to make it through his high school year without getting bullied. Eventually Napoleon meets his best friend Pedro who moved from Mexico. Napoleon helps Pedro run for class president, against the most popular girl in the school. This movie can motivate people like Napoleon, to become successful from even being one of the most unpopular people at the school. Napoleon's Uncle is a jock who is always trying to show off how far he can throw a football. Napoleon likes to say words like nerd, retard, fricken, and idiot, and some people may not approve of this kind of humor. But this movie also has some good messages in it and can brighten your day with a good laugh. If you're looking for a good comedy then go and watch Napoleon Dynamite.
½ February 17, 2017
one of a kind oddball comedy.
Jon Heder does a wonderful job here but thankfully everyone understands by now that's all he can do. he's a terrible actor.