National Lampoon's Van Wilder - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

National Lampoon's Van Wilder Reviews

September 3, 2016
I really hated this flick. No likeable characters and the gross-out gags were shit and one border lined on bestiality.
½ August 25, 2016
Reynolds is brilliant, even if the storyline and script are not.
July 17, 2016
Ryan Reynolds is definitely the best thing about this film. This has some of the most disgusting and horrible scenes I've ever seen in a film, although there is the occasional laugh, they are pretty few and far between. But Reynolds is this films Atlas, he's holding it all on his shoulders. The movie itself gets 1.5 stars, it was shit but there are some sort of funny bits. The other 1.5 stars goes to Reynolds for carrying the entire film.
June 8, 2016
I love this character. really its just Ryan Reynolds playing himself. Great college movie.
May 30, 2016
Yes it's a copy off Animal House and American Pie but it still offers lose of good laughs and the time watching this film was not wasted at all.
½ May 18, 2016
For a movie that is almost entirely set at keggers, it's surprisingly entertaining. Van Wilder has a built-in audience, but only among those who are drying out from spring break and are still unconcerned about what they ingest. The only thing keeping it from being a complete waste of time is the charismatic performance of Mr. Reynolds.
April 28, 2016
A repeat college senior becomes the subject of his college newspaper (he's a big deal). He then falls in love with the journalist (Tara Reid who usually responds with "so like"), who initially thinks he's a spoiled rich kid (he is) but as in all dumb comedies "she's like" you gotta get to know him and you're not what I pictured you as. LET US PUKE NOW!
March 2, 2016
One of the greatest cult comedies of the 2000s. Write that down.
February 11, 2016
Meh. It passes the time.
December 20, 2015
It's hard to resist the charm of Ryan Reynolds in "Van Wilder," but unfortunately it's laughs are short and instead we're stuck with a gross college comedy that is not even close to touching other successful National Lampoon films like "Animal House."
October 12, 2015
One of the funniest movies of all time. I'm not sure what the critics are smoking.
August 31, 2015
I don't know about any other critics, but this movie has taught me some life-long lessons.
August 23, 2015
I say its funny and clever.
½ August 14, 2015
It's hysterical,weird and disgusting at times and mostly dumb.
July 30, 2015
The movie carried out a lot of grouse scenes and funny teen humour. I still think the best teen comedy is American Pie 1 and 2. The movie was alright, it should have a lot of more teen humour, to much of adult humour, you can get tired of seeing that threw out the whole movie.
April 7, 2015
typical college teen movie nothing really original here a few suprising laughs saves it
½ March 25, 2015
Una comedia grotesca, grosera y universitaria, de esas que me gustan para poner en remojo el cerebro un rato :P
March 6, 2015
I'm surprised at the low ratings this movie has gotten. It is definitely a raunchy comedy. If you like raunchy comedies then you will enjoy this movie.
February 11, 2015
Not awfully funny, but not completely awful either. It's just a movie I was eagerly waiting to be over.
February 6, 2015
The target audience will love this flick.