Nativity 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nativity 2 Reviews

½ December 28, 2015
Fun Christmas movie!
December 27, 2015
Not a patch on the first film but Hynes and Woottan save the show. The school kids want to take part in a singing competition which sees them stranded on the side of a mountain and Tennant in dual roles
½ December 22, 2015
A sequel that has somehow been dumbed down so much that it is only really for children now given the tone of the script and the events that happen.
December 21, 2015
Poor follow up to the popular first film. Mr poppy and a new teacher trek over Welsh hills and valleys to get their pupils to a singing competition
November 26, 2014
Nativity 2 is alright. Although I think the first one was better
November 17, 2014
not as good as the first movie
½ November 3, 2014
nothing compared to the first one!
½ October 23, 2014
Funny and ridiculous but not as good as the first.
August 30, 2014
Saw this today after someone (Becky) at London told me this part existed (before this the only one I saw and still got the DVD is the one with Martin Freeman, which I love a lot). So yeah, saw this one and must admit is a regular film (an ok one I confess). The acting is good, the kids are back (and bigger than ever! Even some of their skills have gotten better). The songs are great too and the amazing views of the places they go are priceless. I don't have anything bad to say but I knew this one would not surprise me that much as the 1st one did (did not cry with this one...should do a rewatch on Christmas 2014 then...a few months from now hehe). Anyway, enjoy. - August 30, 2014 review.
June 29, 2014
really funny! and festive!
April 26, 2014
Christmas fun with David Tennant. Nothing less, nothing more.
½ March 22, 2014
The original was a disaster, the sequel took on the same formation only possibly ruining the career of another good actor.
February 19, 2014
Funny to watch David get tortured. ;) But otherwise, the dry humor and silly stuff is barely tolerable.
½ February 8, 2014
after a while It gets boring but funny if u have children from the ages of 5 years old to 10
January 17, 2014
I don't think most people realize this was an unscripted, improvised film. For that alone it deserves some credit and explains the sparse dialogue (to an extent). I think they should have given David Tennant more free rein to exercise his stellar comedic chops. Allowing Marc Wootton to be the main focus dragged the film down. I expected far more witty repartee. Still, it was enjoyable enough Christmas fun for the kiddoes. Sure, it was corny and implausible and had a few too many fart and poo jokes, but consider the targeted audience. The children were delightful and the singing and dancing were fun and entertaining. I think the critics have been too harsh.
January 11, 2014
The best terrible Christmas movie I have ever seen.
January 5, 2014
There are many kinds of bad movies. Technically bad and lazily made movies, offensive movies, ludicrous movies (sometimes this isn't a problem), and deluded movies that try too hard. "Nativity 2" manages to be every single one of these, which is a shame, because it obviously means well.
NOTE: This film was made for Children in Need, and in good spirit. That doesn't make up for its quality, but at least gives it a sense of worth, since it was for charity. The kids at least seemed to have a good time.
½ January 5, 2014
Not quite as good as the first one.
January 1, 2014